Thread: Is Nouri's Hallow the Skeller Krunch Equivalent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Is Nouri's Hallow the Skeller Krunch Equivalent?

So, now that I am taking the time to analyze this new content, it has come to my knowledge that Nouri's Hallow exhibits characteristics very similar to "Skeller Krunch Returns". How so? The pink drop rate is very frequent as well as not only rehashed designs but also rehashed names! The statistics on the items are also mediocre at best; they are barely better or equivalent to Balefort Sewers gear. These factors show to suggest the similarities of how the "Skeller Krunch Returns" campaign was the easier campaign that complemented the better campaign, Ancient Swamps.

Is this to keep our demanding bellies satiated before the WOW factor campaign is released? If I'm not mistaken, we were told there would be two new end game campaigns. So, I'm just pointing it out there and being completely logical as I wasn't completely satisfied with this new campaign my first run through.

Granted, I will give it more time, but the purpose of this thread is to bring in opinions and ideas without bringing in the FLAMES! So, those of you who ate anything spicy, a "Flaming Hot" Brand (Cheetos the most popular), or just plain grumpy; please keep that out of this thread. Thanks!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played 1lvl and those were my first thoughts... Is this another remake of forest haven....
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I can see your point Parth, and I'm inclined to agree. It's like this campaign is a teaser to the REAL campaign.

I know the devs are better than just rehashing names and textures after these few months (I hope.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah, in that case. I want to refrain from leveling until I can fully enjoy it in the REAL campaign. I don't know if my willpower is strong enough to reinforce that claim though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yeah, in that case. I want to refrain from leveling until I can fully enjoy it in the REAL campaign. I don't know if my willpower is strong enough to reinforce that claim though.
    We have opposite mindsets

Mine is level now while its easy to enjoy the farming of the real campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    We have opposite mindsets

Mine is level now while its easy to enjoy the farming of the real campaign
    I'm feeling very much like Two Face right now. I will probably succumb to that desire as well.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

(you spell nuri wrong)
    AO3 is what I think. Mix of forest haven and ao3. Items not very new. Sand caves is better but I guess often drop is good if you don't like to farm. Some people don't have 10mil gold....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    (you spell nuri wrong)
    AO3 is what I think. Mix of forest haven and ao3. Items not very new. Sand caves is better but I guess often drop is good if you don't like to farm. Some people don't have 10mil gold....
    Yeah. I realized that the second I made the thread, but it would not let me change the title. Apologies for hinting that there was an entirely new campaign. 10M gold doesn't stop you from farming either. Frequent drops will inflate the economy or devaluate the pinks for end game because they are so frequent. It is common supply/demand principle. If there are many pinks, do not expect to get 400-500k per pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I'm feeling very much like Two Face right now. I will probably succumb to that desire as well.
    Give in.. (seductive voice).

You can level your alt later too anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Engame Campaign does that mean Spacetime will stop adding to pocket legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddar View Post
    The Engame Campaign does that mean Spacetime will stop adding to pocket legends?
    No. Every couple of months (4-6 Months), STS ups the level cap with a new end game campaign that replaces the old one.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I hope my staff sell for 1mil gold before anyone realizes how cheap these will get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

+1, I don't know about any future updates. But this one feels like they took forest haven, ao, and the winter wonderland and put it in a blender. The levels are just to long, game play is just plain too slow, and finally, they need to do something about some of the mobs crit hits. I think Cinco was having another crazy "moment" when he designed this expansion (I'll never forget that video).

All that said, THIS WAS A FREE EXPASION and nobody can complain. I applaud STS for their attempts to keep the higher level players interested.

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

It was free so I can't complain much, but from the trailer we were shown of the campaign months ago, you shouldn't have expected anything more. If this were the paid campaign, I'd be pretty pissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Keep in mind that we aren't seening the endgame pinks yet so they may be a little better damage wise than the 56-58.

I'm like you though, everything is rehashed. Idk why it took them so long to release this there doesn't seem to be any creativity as far as item design goes. Everything looks the same. The even reused all the boss sayings from sewers. I've suggested it plenty of times and I know others have too so I don't see why they can't put some time into coming up with original designs for equip. Swamps was awesome because of the different looks you can get. I wish they would go back to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Apollo, I agree to your statement with some of my own opinions.
    Right now, I know already of a few who are level 60 and going for the max.
    There is nothing much to this campaign, an elixired bird/mage could easily solo this.
    The reason being, this place has a decent, yet unpromising drop rate.
    It is nowhere near Sewers and the gear there lacks any power.
    (level 55 sewer oranges are better than the 56 counterparts)
    I am willing tp gamble that this is simply the "easier" campaign and that the later released "Mount Fang" is the Elite Campaign, or more likely, the REAL campaign.
    Note how Nuri's Hallow is plated with Silver, suggesting it is a "bonus" campaign.
    Mount Fang will probably have a drop rate similar to Shadow Caves, unlike Nuri's Hallows, which currently holds a drop rate near SandStone Caves but a bit more frequent.
    I have already seen a few double pink drops.
    Honestly, the new SEVEN quests(197) have been overly pathetic and easy. I can now boast a clear 197/197.
    There is nothing to this new campaign to marvel over except a few new tactics and supposedly quick cash.
    The tactics of boss and the trick needed to complete each fight are relatively similar to those of Sandstone Caves as is:
    Magnetic Golem->Snake Charmer
    Magic Golem->Lion Tamer
    Strongman-> Earthquake
    Panto-> Sandstorm/Onyx/Magic Golem
    Nuri->Onyx/Magnetic Golem
    And such.
    Right now the items are new, and the fast influx will have these items inflated; when they are worth 200k at most.
    The best suggestion is to pot 1.5x and simply farm for PINKS, enjoythe inflation, and grab some extra EXP along the way.
    However, the market will eventually subside within a few days at most due to more pinks acquired and competition on the Consignment Shoppé.
    We will definetely see more challenge; along with guilds and a whole new twist to the complex game of Pocket Legends.
    Hopefully with these new updates, more will be persuaded into farming and completing new challenges that rise.