Thread: Brand new - Looking for some help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Brand new - Looking for some help

Brand new player, but I had some google play cards lying around and took my Warrior to level 46. Despite being 46 I have 0 idea what is going on in this game. Is there a wiki or something that explains basic concepts?

• What is the best class for PVE? PVP?
    • Is there any rewards for PVP? Do you lose stuff if you die?
    • I read that Nekro is a great pet for all classes, but I don't even know where you get the ingredients to craft (I believe its arcane fossil and ecto)?
    • Whats the difference between elite and non elite maps?
    • As a level 46 where is the best place to get loot?
    • So far all I've done is play around in KM3 and the loot seems very very bad. I don't get what the big deal about crates are, I've opened a few and made some massives, but the items inside are kinda junk?
    • I went to Garetta Village and there are two vendors selling nice loot, one with crate tokens and one with a brown token I haven seen yet. Do I really need to open 500 locked crates and hope for tokens? How do you get the brown tokens? Can these items be gotten another way?
    • Where else would I get loot that's better than what I got for leveling up to 46?
    • Does it make sense to level up masteries or just skills and passives?
    • Best way at my level to make money?

I understand thats a lot of questions, but I'm super grateful to anyone who can help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

*Mage - PVE , Rogue - PVP
    *No reward, u dont lose anything but pride.
    *The ingredients are farmable but in higher lvl zone.
    *Elite is The harder version of normal non-elite map
    *Everywhere whithin the new expansion or KM Maps
    *Just keep farming them and sell them for profit, but if you're brave enough open it (i domt recommend since chance is 1 of 9999999999)
    *No, you can get them by farming and opening some kind of elixirs.
    *Open locked grand crate (they always have the updated better set) and Farm at elite zone
    *Yes, it does make sense for higher lvl
    *Farm and sell the loot you got. Merch in paradise pier or expedition camp. Scam (i dont recommend since everyone will be mad at you)

Thats all.
    Last edited by Astrea; 07-16-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

well i had to intervene after first response
    +stay on your warrior! rogue has no place in pvp this season, warr and mage simply rules the pvp, on pve all3 class is ok
    +for locked opening you need to open mass amounts of massive to hope for a valuable loot, its a big gamble all up to you, some people loot goodies from 10 15 some doesnt get anything from 150
    +elites are harder versions maps and they were used to give valuable loot, now its giving almost only vanity on underhul elite maps
    +For farming km3 is the efficent way atm even if it seems slow, you need lepre+ luck elixir and you get about 5 6 locked per elixir on average
    + Events are the main source of gold making, there are no other paying methots of farm other than km3 or jewel farm with elixir
    +jewel farm is also valid option learn how to do from guides or ask others in game its very long to explain there is a profit in it if you know what you are doing
    +this game reqires a little paitience to build yourself up, firsrt cap yourself and rest will work out by itself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

• What is the best class for PVE? PVP? In pve every class, provided they understand their role, is needed. I don't pvp so I'll let others who do give their opinion on it
    • Is there any rewards for PVP? Do you lose stuff if you die? There are some achievements in PvP. You don't lose stuff if you die, but PvP does require you to have good gear and pets
    • I read that Nekro is a great pet for all classes, but I don't even know where you get the ingredients to craft (I believe its arcane fossil and ecto)? To craft Nekro you need a recipe. You get the quest for this rrcipe from Norman in Kelys. Then you should loot parchments from elite Inan Hesh (boss of last Shuyal map), elite Arachna (Tindirin 4), and elite Rendtail (Tindirin 5) to complete the recipe quest. The parchment is a rare drop from these bosses and you might have to kill them many times before one drops for you. Once you get the recipe you can craft Nekro egg from 10 vial of ectoplasm (chance drop in Arena masterchest, Planar Tombs mobs and very rarely, elite Tindirin mobs) and fossil (lootable from master chest or locked). It takes five days to craft the egg. Alternately you can buy the egg, or if you know someone you can trust who has the recipe, you can ask them to craft for you, but you really have to be careful who you trust with your fossil and vials
    • Whats the difference between elite and non elite maps? Elite mobs and bosses have higher damage, hp and armor than their normal counterparts, and might drop items that do not drop on normal maps. Some elite maps also might feature slight differences, for example elite Arachna doesn't spawn mini spiders on her death (she does in the normal mode) and elite Hugal spawns healers
    • As a level 46 where is the best place to get loot? This is tough to answer because even at endgame the options aren't that many. But primary jewels (finesse, fury, mind) which you can farm in Tindirin is one option, if you are extremely lucky you might loot Antignome set pieces in Underhul, or if you can afford the hunter elixirs you can farm Northal (Rengol 3) for vanities. Try to find ways to make money in events. But unfortunately if you need quick, easy, low cost, low risk farming KM3 is still where it's easiest to get party
    • So far all I've done is play around in KM3 and the loot seems very very bad. I don't get what the big deal about crates are, I've opened a few and made some massives, but the items inside are kinda junk? They have very low chance of arcane and mythic loot (you can check their potential content by clicling the letter "i" in their description). The safest, if low yield, bet with them is to craft and sell them unless you feel sufficiently confident in your luck to gamble plat or crate keys to open them
    • I went to Garetta Village and there are two vendors selling nice loot, one with crate tokens and one with a brown token I haven seen yet. Do I really need to open 500 locked crates and hope for tokens? How do you get the brown tokens? Can these items be gotten another way? I assume by brown tokens you mean the orc tags you need to buy items from Klassi. These tags you can get by doing the dailies from the npc's in Garetta, or by crafting shaman effigies from material that drop in Rengol maps and opening them. You may get crate tokens from elite gold orc chests, but the chance is very low
    • Where else would I get loot that's better than what I got for leveling up to 46? Check cs/auction. Many good level 43-46 mythic and legendary items, some of them gemmed/jeweled, can be bought quite cheaply since more people are getting to lvl 56
    • Does it make sense to level up masteries or just skills and passives? Yes
    • Best way at my level to make money? I think I've answered this above but I hope others can give you better suggestions

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adtr View Post
    Brand new player, but I had some google play cards lying around and took my Warrior to level 46. Despite being 46 I have 0 idea what is going on in this game. Is there a wiki or something that explains basic concepts?

• What is the best class for PVE? PVP?
    • Is there any rewards for PVP? Do you lose stuff if you die?
    • I read that Nekro is a great pet for all classes, but I don't even know where you get the ingredients to craft (I believe its arcane fossil and ecto)?
    • Whats the difference between elite and non elite maps?
    • As a level 46 where is the best place to get loot?
    • So far all I've done is play around in KM3 and the loot seems very very bad. I don't get what the big deal about crates are, I've opened a few and made some massives, but the items inside are kinda junk?
    • I went to Garetta Village and there are two vendors selling nice loot, one with crate tokens and one with a brown token I haven seen yet. Do I really need to open 500 locked crates and hope for tokens? How do you get the brown tokens? Can these items be gotten another way?
    • Where else would I get loot that's better than what I got for leveling up to 46?
    • Does it make sense to level up masteries or just skills and passives?
    • Best way at my level to make money?

I understand thats a lot of questions, but I'm super grateful to anyone who can help!
    classes as such mage does area dmg and stuns, really helpful for pve, but have the lowest health and armor, but some mages do have awesome stats
    rogues are built with lesser health than tanks obv. they are built for dmg, unless ur rich rogue isnt worth it and is hard to use (u tend to die alot)
    tanks are the max heatlh class, technically weak in pvp and pve, but are a MUST in elites

pvp is for fun, tons of drama though if ur interested, u dont lose anything, and neither do u gain anything either (maybe some achievement points u can gain)
    u obv. seem to be a rpg player, so u know abt twinks (usually each year the maximum possible lvl (endgame lvls) increases by 5. so lvl 3 16 21 ... are good pvp,
    imma pve guy though, go to pvp section if u like (doubt it will help)

nekro is considered the most helpful , shield speed and more crit dmg. but is hard to obtain
    arc fossil is a OMEGA rare item u can loot from a crate u talked abt, and ectoplasm vial (15k cheap rn) is gotten as a rare chance from ARENA CHESTS, its in kragg. ask around.

ppl usually farm km3 for cryostar crates, the reason ppl love it is cause u get a small chance at looting a ARCANE tier EGG. each minimum sells for 1m-15m depending on the egg u get
    chance is small and loot is garbage, most ppl dont open it. and almost everyone has lost gold tons of gold due to it, so unless u feel UBER LUCKY dont bother opening it.
    but they sell for a good price.

the crate tokens basically cause ppl complained abt garbage loots, we get them now and can exchange for stuff, get munch mouth egg, most expensive but has great value.
    the other one is called ORC TAGS, u get them from opening shamn effigy which u craft from 3 items (check ur crafting slot recipes) or u can do some daily quests in gareeta (they unlock after u complete its campaign) for some orgtags too.
    main reason was for a glintstone gear set which was considered very strong of lvl 46, weak for lvl 56

not much to loot imo, cryo crates, jewels (tindirn shuyal) (finesse fury mind sell good) , furniture items etc etc, imo game is kinda leaning towards PTW rn.

imma rogue, id help u out if u were one too, as much as i know
    heal jugg veng axe are good, but idk abt warriors much, they only useful in ELITES

elites vs normal maps.
    think of normal maps enemys having 100x higher health and 10x higher dmg, might be more......... try brakenridge elite, due to ur armor they wont deal any dmg to u
    try elite glintstone and ull barely survive

different ppl use different methods to gain money
    farm -> run maps and get loot (specific loot drop from specific maps)
    merch -> buy an item cheap from auction and resell for a higher price. (needs practice so dont start this now)

u can pm me anytime im good at explaining stuff to newbies, i like helping.
    u can asked resurrected too he helps alot too

my in game name is ( sandeeeep ) ign->in game name.

go to the guides section in forums some really good threads are there here some of the ones i saved

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?290321

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243927

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?289921

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-dexterity-add

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=Shadehtt

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Kraag-Tomb-4

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Legends-quests

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Maps-of-Arlor

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Legends-Index

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l-of-the-Trade

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ion-per-Level&

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-Cartographer

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...stmaster-Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lla-s-sig-shop

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...PvE-Mage-Build

there are more good ones out there
    my advice. get to lvl 56 fast using the daily xp quests in shuyal nordr and kragg,
    join a guild, forgiveness and executioners and pokemon advance help new players alot.
    ask guildies and friends for info on good gear, jewels and pets and where to put ur points (u can reset em so no tension)
    currently house items is for liesure players, u can have one if u like, get a starter and nth more

pm me sandeeeep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

1) depends on your play style , mage is beast for mobs and good for pvp clash , rogs are good for single-target , warrior abit of both ( good for pvp tough )
    2) no , you dont loose anything nor get rewards , but pvp is a ton of fun if your skilled enough
    3) nekro requiers arcane fossil and 10 vials lf undead ectoplasm
    4) elite maps are harder , give better loot ( use elixirs to get anything )
    5) This is not how this works . The loot in 99% of the places is TRASH. The loot you use comes from locks . Also , you dont opene them , but sell to other players or via cs ( shop ) , but you need traders permit to do so , you buy it once and you will never have to do that again. It costs 100 story tokens .
    6) yes , buy everything you need from the shop ( cs ) , dont even go to those vendors ( nobody does that XD ) anything you want to get , buy it from the shop
    7) from elites , but again better buy it from others in cs or trade.
    8) yes , there are multiple builds for the purpose you want . ( Pve , pvp )
    9) best way is to farm km3 and SELL the locks you get to others.

If you need any help , feel free to pm me in-game . My name : Gouiwaa

Here is how you do it :

/Tell gouiwaa [ what ever you want to ask ]
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 07-18-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I've been farming crates and sold some lepres I had from the left over plat and now have a dragon hunter sword.

Is this the best weapon? Seems like it is stat wise.

But now I have 0 idea what to do. Just keep farming locks? That's kinda getting boring. I tried to get nekro but no one is ever in the dungeons to help me beat them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adtr View Post
    So I've been farming crates and sold some lepres I had from the left over plat and now have a dragon hunter sword.

Is this the best weapon? Seems like it is stat wise.

But now I have 0 idea what to do. Just keep farming locks? That's kinda getting boring. I tried to get nekro but no one is ever in the dungeons to help me beat them.
    Well , there are other lvl56 arcane weapons , but dragon sword is best for pvp ( imo , im a mage btw , so i dont know alot about that ) .
    Also , just farm locks and buy nekro , nobody really farms that stuff. Also , if you want people in dungeons make sure you lvl56 , get some aps ( ahivement points ) and join a good guild. ( You can join in mine once your lvl51 and have "INFAMOUS" title , id be glad to help you out )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account