Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Class restriction in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    They didn't get their damage back in the sense that rogues still hit less than before. The only difference was they were the least affected on the stat page by the nerf. Rogues lose about 15% damage technically compared to warrior and sorcerer's 40%. However, that actually helped sorcerers and warrior out because it gave them more time to react to big damage and took away from the glass cannon aspect.

So in short, that rebalance didn't help at all for end game. I know, however, that it did help at twink level. Why? They got a damage buff! So, they did get the glass cannon aspect of them. Yes, rogues hit hard there but that's exactly why they have a role in PvP. If their damage can be out healed by a warrior and Mage stack then there's no point to having a rogue.
    As far as I remember this global Nerf thing was applied as developer saw rogue as a greater threat to opposite rogue due to their one shot and high crit skill. If they give rogue more damage I doubt it will solve anything.

As far as twinks goes rogue survibality is more than endgame. Mage and warrior cannot one combo shieldless rogue imo.

Anyways I am done speaking for rogues favour. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    As far as I remember this global Nerf thing was applied as developer saw rogue as a greater threat to opposite rogue due to their one shot and high crit skill.
    I still get one shoted in endgame with 1900 armor and 6k hp btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

So we should be looking into the factors giving twink rogues the ability to survive in the situations endgame rogues are struggling hopelessly in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They didn't get their damage back in the sense that rogues still hit less than before. The only difference was they were the least affected on the stat page by the nerf. Rogues lose about 15% damage technically compared to warrior and sorcerer's 40%. However, that actually helped sorcerers and warrior out because it gave them more time to react to big damage and took away from the glass cannon aspect.

So in short, that rebalance didn't help at all for end game. I know, however, that it did help at twink level. Why? They got a damage buff! So, they did get the glass cannon aspect of them. Yes, rogues hit hard there but that's exactly why they have a role in PvP. If their damage can be out healed by a warrior and Mage stack then there's no point to having a rogue.
    That is actually a fair point! If I am fighting a rogue, it really doesn't matter whether he hits me for 60% of my health or 80% of my health. Either way, one more hit will kill me, so I must heal myself. But if that one hit was to take 100% of my health instead (as it used to), I would be dead and my heal would be useless.

I will say though that PvP was not very fun when I could be killed by a rogue with one hit. What exactly is one to do to avoid that? There is no strategy you can take. You cannot dodge the hit, or run away (the rogue is faster than you). So once your shield is in cool down, you are toast if they decide to come after you. Often times in TDM, you don't even see the rogue, you are just suddenly dead because an arrow that came from somewhere hit you. For a game that is supposed to be about strategy, there's not much strategy in that.

There must be some way we can make rogues competitive without them being able to one hit sorcerers and other rogues. As you mentioned, it works fine at twink levels and there are no one-hits going on there. So there must be a way that endgame can also be balance like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    So we should be looking into the factors giving twink rogues the ability to survive in the situations endgame rogues are struggling hopelessly in?
    The factors are very simple..... More health and more armor. This is mostly due to the fact that pet happiness bonuses do not scale to level. So if you have an arcane pet at twink levels, you receive all the health and armor buff that end game players do from that same pet. Since damage and crit buffs from pet happiness are percentage based, they do scale to level appropriately. So you end up with more health and armor than you should have at that level, yet your damage and crit is not higher than it should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Your forum pic change cracked me up Parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Your forum pic change cracked me up Parth
    It's because I'm crying over how useless rogues are now. xD
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I got it right away- soz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

It's because I'm crying over how useless rogues are now. xD
    I honestly dont think anyone will care about the balance issue

we are just gonna have to wait to get new cap and old items "phase out" to open room for balancing, so another year
    be sure have enough tears for a year or so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think the probelms is nt the class, but the gear that been used , and the stats . i always been bullied in pv lol XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

This is some great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Class restriction in PvP

Most of my twink friends are rogues too. If I can only play with 1 other friend in the same team whos the same class as me, wouldn't it hinder me from having fun with my other rogue friends? The same goes for other classes as well. I don't want to play with them separately. I really don't support this idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dehydration; 07-26-2016 at 06:50 AM.