Thread: More In-Depth Campaign Maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default More In-Depth Campaign Maps

I think it would be cool to have an actual storyline for each map pack. Like each map would have a objective, for example, make it to a certain place, or kill all enemies or kill a certain boss. Then, When you are creating a game, you could choose if you want to create a game where you kill everything to advance (like now), or to play the story mode of the map pack.

In the ALien Oasis, it says an explorer or something is missing. Then each map between the first and the last would have an objective to complete to advance forward, like you have to kill a boss to find a clue. And at the end of the last map, maybe add an npc with the explorers name, and have a dialogue, and you could get rewards from him.
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm -- I've thought this. In addition, this could provide room for 'optional' objectives, that bestow greater EXP benefits than the usual get-to-the-next-stage mindset.

This may work best if the maps were flagged as 'objective based', and made so you couldn't simply 'respawn' on them, like you usually can... (I've always hated that, anyway. =P)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yeah some map packs have story lines but they are a bit confusing and you never really save the person or get what your sposed to retrieve in the end. But that's just me I just like to play the maps and have fun I think PL is gunna go places and be as big as WOW in the future maybe and if not as big as WOW then as big as runescape hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I am way for this! I think they tried to make Alien Oasis a little like that with "Mariah" at stage 1 that tells you the story if you want to read it. I hate those campaign games though that make you listen to the story and even if they have a skip button. I think at the end of each stage there should be "Thee boss" that is stronger than all the others, and at the final stage have the "ultimate boss" and maybe on each stage only have 1 or 2 bosses and about 2 or 3 "mini bosses". This would also make drop rates lower (with the right balance) and make it so we FINALLY have some pinks worth something! The only sad part for me is that this would put an end to farming!