Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the botters for life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Paragraph 1. I think you forget how big AL as a game is, the botters really aren't an army they consist of maybe 5% of the community(or 10 I was never too good with speculative numbers), this "glorious piece of virtual" cardboard as a you so sensitively put it might nott mean a lot to you but it does mean a lot to other people. It gives people who aren't on it to have something to aim for, some kind of goal that they might want to achieve in a couple of years(or hundred, in my case atleast x)). Today's generation is all about experiences and less about the materialistic gains that they make throughout their lifetime(or lifetimes depending upon your religious and aesthetic beliefs) and this LBR is a perfect example of such an axiom.

Para 2. Perhaps I didn't misinterpret and wanted to give you an example of how you don't need to know someone personally to respect them. When you compare the people who put in hard work and real life money into this game to keep it alive to the people who leech money off of this(hello, hi RWTers) and people who set up scripts to make money or get on the "virtual piece of cardboard" I think you do nott know what you speak of. That being said, one doesn't need to personally know most of the well known forumers to deign want kind of person they are, there are some forumers I respect just by reading their forum posts, don't even have to speak them one on one. Then there are those forumers I don't respect, but less about that. I think I've made my point pretty clear here >

Paragraph 3. Christopher Paolini, one of my favourite authors has this quote in his book "It's not about the goal it's about the journey." this is an ideology and everyone perceives the work in a different way.

You stray from the point, it is nott so difficult to trigger and monitor bots, it's just a very parsimonious task. maps like km3- the previous jarl event are easily botted any layman can do it.Whereas tasks like the dropping of Arcane chests in Dead city isn't so easy and little things like this shows us how STS has realised they have a problem and are trying to combat it :P

It isn't the leaderboard that makes it toxic, it's the people. Since we are talking about toxic communities there is notthing more toxic than the PvP or the timed runs leaderboard. PvP is toxic all in all don't even need a leaderboard to make it toxic. Class LBRs aren't so easily botted, the only field probably bottable in these lbr is the PvE kills.

One last time, how will abolishing LBR solve the issue of botters farming maps like km3 etc? You are overlooking how much the avid farmers get deprived off because of botters who ruin the market of newly released items.

Again, you might be in denial if you think "90% of AL play the game recreationally to have fun with other players.", we are in the same merch groups and we both know how many people sell/buy gold/accounts and what nott. Who are you to say who and who doesn't deserve a spot on the LBR? Most of the top LBR people who have been playing since s1 are probably the richest and the most social people on the game. I see some of these people who "enjoy killing people in PvP" in PvP section and I'm just glad I only PvP once or twice a year.
    So rather than playing pingpong with our conflicting views on the leaderboard, i am just going to say that i disagree with what you said.

On the topic of respect, perhaps i need to be even clearer. "Personally" probably wasnt the correct adverb to use. I'm virtually indifferent. I don't appreciate or admire anyone because their name is listed in shining lights, which is who we are quarrelling back and forth over. Comparing faceless names to historical figures in terms of who we respect is also risible. Respect is an earned, not a given. I dont respect strangers and i dont falsely profess that i respect them to make myself seem like a good person.

Also, you cant compare RWTing to Botting and question how i can explain what is rectitudinous. One affects only those involved with poor decision making, the other affects everyone.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Lolololol

Nicely said Avikk...totally agree! Too many players just want want want without putting in the time or effort without paying their dues along the way.

I still don't understand why people who are not on the LB, nor openly care about being on the LB feel the need to voice such strong opinions about removing the defining 'glorious piece of virtual card board' from the game!!

The leader boards serve an important purpose in the game, they just need to be vetted much more carefully in order to ensure the integrity of our online community.

It is not right to punish the players who have earned their spots on the LB honestly just because a select few selfish, spoiled, unconscionable players suffering from a severe case of the ' gimme gimme with no effort' disease decide to behave badly with poor sportsmanship! Sts should just go ahead and identify these offenders, warn, ban or nuke them all to be done with a problem that has plagued our community for at least 7 seasons!

It's not the LB that creates the drama in the game, it's all the players who think they deserve whatever they want whenever they want with no time or effort to get there!!

Society has done our world no favors by allowing the 'growing but not yet matured' psyches of this generation to stall and vegetate in an already overflowing and stagnant pool of entitlement!
    Last edited by leoakre; 08-05-2016 at 03:57 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

some ppl should just stay retired

don't like what you see. . just walk away.
    lb should only be deleted if it can be proven that every single person on it has cheated in some way.
    even if just one or two is there the legit way. . its their right to have a lb . . they worked hard and they deserve that recognition .
    btw I'm not on the lb
    Last edited by aneshsinghblu; 08-05-2016 at 05:21 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Moving onto the rather ill informed opinion of yours, both RWT and botting go hand in hand. Both are crimes in and out of this "virtual cardboard world" as you so sensitively put it. Both see the hard work of virtuous farmer or player. Both eat away from the pockets of our developers, if the developers loose money guess what happens to the game. Actually both affect everyone, just think about it. Remember all those warriors we saw in taverns? Guess who was making them? Some RWTer site owner(s). I speak from 12 years of experience playing MMORPGS, I do nott think you can even boast of half of that experience, and even if you did I wouldn't believe it anyone who has played for so long should understand the nuances and mechanics of RPGs. Atleast the basic ones. Nott being rude, just stating facts as compared to your opinions.
    I dont have "12 years of experience playing MMORPGs", nor do i care, nor do i need to in order to conclude that there is a huge difference between real world trading and botting. It's common sense, which apparently you lack. People who are botting the leaderboard are taking rewards away from people who are striving to catch up, and they are fooling everyone into thinking they have a lot of genuine experience. People who are rwting are making themselves susceptible to getting scammed. This happens under-the-table, and it has absolutely no impact on anything in the mainstream community. Botting is more damaging to the community than RWTing.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I'm gunna comment here and act like I'm smart and right. People will read my long response because people love reading those, I'm gunna type in words I'm not even sure what it means, but hey if it sounds smart, why dahell not. I'm gunna comment about Arianna Ghandi or some famous Philosopher, like Heath Ledger on the Dark Knight, references will make me look even smarter. I'm also gunna mention more references, like books, or magazines, like Cosmopolitan and Vanity Fair. I will talk about PVP and LB too, because that is what gets people's attention. I have 30 years experience in MMORPGs out of the 20 years I've lived, people will definitely believe me, and of course people will believe I still have a life. I'm gunna type in Bold text because it sounds stronger and louder, hell yeah, check this out Small Small, see the difference? I am going to defend the virtual bulletin board in game, because I like to see how many people have lost their lives and haven't been contact in reality. But I also want it to be gone, cuz its no fun when people get to bot and get to the LB, what's the point? People should not be allowed to choose both game and reality, I know tons of people who got broke in real life trying to get rich in game. I would love to be in the leaderboard, respected by people I do not know, specially on the top 10 because nobody really reads 'till 50 unless they're looking for a dead soul.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    I'm gunna comment here and act like I'm smart and right. People will read my long response because people love reading those, I'm gunna type in words I'm not even sure what it means, but hey if it sounds smart, why dahell not. I'm gunna comment about Arianna Ghandi or some famous Philosopher, like Heath Ledger on the Dark Knight, references will make me look even smarter. I'm also gunna mention more references, like books, or magazines, like Cosmopolitan and Vanity Fair. I will talk about PVP and LB too, because that is what gets people's attention. I have 30 years experience in MMORPGs out of the 20 years I've lived, people will definitely believe me, and of course people will believe I still have a life. I'm gunna type in Bold text because it sounds stronger and louder, hell yeah, check this out Small Small, see the difference? I am going to defend the virtual bulletin board in game, because I like to see how many people have lost their lives and haven't been contact in reality. But I also want it to be gone, cuz its no fun when people get to bot and get to the LB, what's the point? People should not be allowed to choose both game and reality, I know tons of people who got broke in real life trying to get rich in game. I would love to be in the leaderboard, respected by people I do not know, specially on the top 10 because nobody really reads 'till 50 unless they're looking for a dead soul.
    Hahaha nailed it

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #167
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Gonna close this one down as it seems to be attracting drama.

We understand the issues and will come up with a plan for them. We'll definitely be discussing with the community as the time draws nearer.

Thanks,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: