Thread: Make plat tradeable? (just a suggestion)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Make plat tradeable? (just a suggestion)

Ok so yesterday in FH I saw a player asking people how to trade platinum. I told him that you can't trade it but you can buy it or earn it from Tapjoy offers. This got me thinking, what if plat was tradeable? I thought about it and thought I might suggest this on the forums. What does everyone else think? I think that the devs should look into it and possibly allow this. I think a fair cost would be 1 plat for 5k. Too high? Too low? Anyways I just thought this would be a really awesome idea and please consider this devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Too cheap. 5m for what you pay 50 dollars for is.. too easy in my opinion. Plat is earned from donating and should stay like that. Well you can get free plat but takes forever.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I know lots of people say this but; sts can't run their servers using fictional gold, can they? I love supporting sts... they're like my family...that I don't ever see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Oh I see what the problem is... if only there was way then that would be sweet. But ya i see what you mean Hank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You can get to level 61 without purchasing any platinum. Plat is now a way to buy items that can help enrich your gameplay. STS needs some revenue due to the campaigns being free, and as said above, they can't pay their bills with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ok thanks for pointing these flaws out. I get it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I did 56-60 with 1.5x elixirs in 3-4 days.
    Also, I would say 100k->1plat is fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

My vote is for keeping Plat the way it is. The gold economy in PL is already broken (my opinion, mind you), and I do not want the same thing to happen to the Plat economy.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ya im starting to agree with you, quickone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I think if that happened we'd have a lot of platinum floating around and revolving through players, and less profit for STS. No funds, no new stuff for us. Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike1298:403498
    Too cheap. 5m for what you pay 50 dollars for is.. too easy in my opinion. Plat is earned from donating and should stay like that. Well you can get free plat but takes forever.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Also just FYI, Tapjoy makes money off advertising and pays STS for the plat we get free. Nothing in the business world is truly free. Somebody still pays for it.

But yes, I don't wanna have PL and SL degenerate into a "buying plat" economy. Seen it on too many games, and it just ruins them.

Also hi Buu. Did you quit ROM? How will I get the gun back to you later? Didn't friend you.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-04-2011 at 03:19 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post

Also just FYI, Tapjoy makes money off advertising and pays STS for the plat we get free. Nothing in the business world is truly free. Somebody still pays for it.

But yes, I don't wanna have PL and SL degenerate into a "buying plat" economy. Seen it on too many games, and it just ruins them.

Also hi Buu. Did you quit ROM? How will I get the gun back to you later? Didn't friend you.
    Oh ya I know what you mean. I see how this backfired. Btw yes I did my good friend made his own guild and wanted me to join. And if you wanna give it back you can re-add me. (idk why you dissapeared of my friend list)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Just to play Devil's Advocate...the idea of trading platinum doesn't reduce the amount or worth of the platinum. It still has to come from somewhere, right? Nobody's pulling platinum out of thin air. At some point, that platinum had to be purchased or gained from an advertising offer. If that person then decides to trade what he/she bought or earned, it hasn't impacted STS making money in any way.

Maybe the bigger issue is that possible trade disputes will start to get out hand, since instead of fictional gold, you'd be dealing with "real" money (in many cases) being involved in trades. If someone got ripped off on a trade, they'd be obviously much more angry if it involved something they had spent actual money on, like purchased platinum, as opposed to ordinary gold, which is plentiful enough in PL for it not to be too much of a big deal. The ramifications of real money changing hands in trades are a potential headache that's probably not worth it in the long run.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-04-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Solution:
    I have no plat+I want lot of plat+I have lot of gold=People buy lot of plat =I happy, STS happy.
    This is what the basic thought line could be.
    Or it could just be platinum revolving around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buubuuftw:403587
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post

Oh ya I know what you mean. I see how this backfired. Btw yes I did my good friend made his own guild and wanted me to join. And if you wanna give it back you can re-add me. (idk why you dissapeared of my friend list)
    Well I removed the majority of the guild from my friend list now that you can join from guild list. I'm pretty sure I removed you too thinking you were still with us, then noticed later but forgot how to spell you. Sorry. Please re-add me if I removed you. I dislike losing friends, and you were cool.

Whirl, please please don't support this. Buying plat with gold from people would be bad for the game. It's never really a good thing to have tradeable cash shop currency or items. The poor players with no $$ gain, everybody in general loses because prices of the currency and/or items skyrocket with the economy to where only the players with billions burning a hole in their pocket can afford it. In the end, this only benefits the "elite" of the game who have too much money.

I've seen it happen.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-05-2011 at 12:49 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

What I don't understand is... Who in their right frame of mind would want to trade their plat that THEY bought with real money!? I mean it's good for the buyer but not the seller... Anyways yeah hope sts dosen't do that... would make the game pretty bad... I mean why ruin such a great game!