Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parental controls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I give up. I don't want to continue a fight. I'll be the better person. You happy now Stomp? You're the best parent in the world for not wanting your kid to chat or see offensive chat, because kids shouldn't be exposed to some things.

I'm not posting in this thread anymore, because you just continue to be stubborn and deny everything I say. I refuse to argue with a person who can't be logical about something.

Still makes some fights impossible when in a group without talking, but whatever. I'm out. Peace.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-07-2011 at 05:42 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I give up. I don't want to continue a fight. I'll be the better person. You happy now Stomp? You're the best parent in the world for not wanting your kid to chat or see offensive chat, because kids shouldn't be exposed to some things.

I'm not posting in this thread anymore, because you just continue to be stubborn and deny everything I say. I refuse to argue with a person who can't be logical about something.

Still makes some fights impossible when in a group without talking, but whatever. I'm out. Peace.
    That's pretty out of line. Unless you're a parent, your opinion on the matter cannot be taken with more than a slight grain of salt.

I completely agree with it being quite the double-edged sword, but this is a family game and the requested option does prove merit at keeping it so.
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Was about to say I think you need to be 13+ to play, but looking over the PL ToS and then the forum ToS, I think that only applies to the forums.

Anyway, change the quickchat stuff to different things that you'd end up saying? Like yeah, nope, gotta go, etc. and only let them say that? Add a few more slots maybe? I don't support an entire mute/can't see other's chat. Too severe IMO.

RS did a quickchat system that worked out pretty well for 13 and under people, is that what you're suggesting?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Was about to say I think you need to be 13+ to play, but looking over the PL ToS and then the forum ToS, I think that only applies to the forums.
    Actually, from Pocket Legends Terms of Service:
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    7. YOUR REPRESENTATION TO SPACETIME
    As a material inducement to SPACETIME entering into this EULA with you, you represent to SPACETIME that: (i) you are over thirteen (13) years of age, and have the full and unrestricted legal right to enter into agreements; (ii) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo or has been designated by the U.S. government as a 'terrorist nation'; and (iii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
    I do vaguely recall someone posting a "retiring" thread or some such and admitting he was 12 years old and then Sam locked the thread and, I believe, he was banned (temporarily for a year?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I do vaguely recall someone posting a "retiring" thread or some such and admitting he was 12 years old and then Sam locked the thread and, I believe, he was banned (temporarily for a year?).
    But that was on the forums, not from in game, he's still there. When you open up PL and click on the PL ToS link, I can't find a thing about 13 years of age. The only thing is says is if you are under 21 years of age they have the right to give chat logs, etc to your parents/guardians.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I quoted the PL ToS (link via login screen). 7. is at the very bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Come on, man. It's not even like that. Just a difference of opinion. No need to stop sharing the way you feel about the subject. I'm open to all opinions and points of view. In this case, I happen to support the OP's suggestion. Of course there's usually positives and negatives to every update/change in the system. Some people are pleased with changes and some people aren't. In this case, I agree with OP because it involves people's children and I have to base my opinion on me having 2 girls and what I would do in that situation. Don't be let my opinion sway yours or cause you to jump out of the debate. You have rights, too.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am a bit puzzled by your post. I have not seen myself as stubborn, illogical or overly argumentative in this thread... Sorry if I somehow hurt your feelings, it was unintended I assure you.