Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we "Reduce" the Level Cap/XP for New Players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Default Should we "Reduce" the Level Cap/XP for New Players?

For most of those New Players getting to Level 56 Seems like a Really Long way....When I started playing the Level Cap was 26 and it really made me excited that I could reach it fast. If it was Level 56 i would have stopped playing in few days , There are certain MMO RPG in Play store that has Level Cap of 100! And due to that reason I've never played them more than a week.

This is a little complicated but I'd suggest to reduce the Level Cap from 56 to 28...Half the Level Cap. Everyone has their level experience reduced by half.Capped Players (Level 56) will be Level 28 . Every map has their level scaling reduced and Equipments change their level requirement (i.e a Level 55&56 Equipment will be converted into Level 28 equipment )so that there will be a "Superior" and an "inferior" equipment in each level and the XP required will be the same Xp required now to reach level 28 but the Xp required from level 27 to 28 will be high as usual (like 28k xp) .

Or

I would like to see a Simple Fix where the XP Amount is Drastically Reduced . I know that there are daily quests but those quests takes same amount of time as you level up in wt4 . There may be an Upcoming expansion and level could go up to 66 which is too high for new players. This is an important issue which reduce the flow of new players . Though we Implement XP Quests , new players won't know that and most of them would leave as soon as they realise level Cap is 56 or even 66.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoardseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I know people who made it to lvl 46 from lvl 1 in a week, without any xp elixirs or adventurer's kit.
    If the required xp is reduced, then people will be going to shuyal in a week. There will be no time for them to collect enough gold from random drops or quests to afford a lepre.
    There are daily xp quests which, imo, are more than enough to lvl up fast enough.
    And lvling up is a one time thing. Its a milestone which u cannot revert (unless asking support to delevel).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I like having a high level cap. In my opinion, leveling up should be one of the main focuses in an RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

The xp quests are very useful. I think xp gain to cap is fine. I am currently lvlng another toon, all good
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, the xp quests made leveling a lot easier. For one thing, once you have completed the storyline up to shuyal, you'll have 4k+ exp available from daily quests.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I hated levelling from 46 to 56 it was a long boring grind.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It should be for old players who already have capped toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Put your big boy and girl pants on people...they already made it to easy!! I don't understand why everybody just wants things in this game handed to them. It doesn't take all that much effort to lvl up and now sts made it even easier with the platinum auto-level so we have lots of new players who never learned to run a map at all! A little effort goes a long way in this game! All the players complaining about lvling up should have been around in the earlier seasons when we weren't provided with a bunch of XP quests and actually did have to grind in full parties for days!

Now, to be quite honest, solo lvling is a pretty simple task....just put some elbow grease into those tapping fingers and thumbs!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Absolutely not you can already buy your way to 46

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zerofort For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

So you want new players to hit 56 over night and after that cry in in towns they get no guild or in guilds they get no party? If grinding is not your thing you re in the wrong game genre in the first place.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    For most of those New Players getting to Level 56 Seems like a Really Long way....When I started playing the Level Cap was 26 and it really made me excited that I could reach it fast. If it was Level 56 i would have stopped playing in few days , There are certain MMO RPG in Play store that has Level Cap of 100! And due to that reason I've never played them more than a week.

This is a little complicated but I'd suggest to reduce the Level Cap from 56 to 28...Half the Level Cap. Everyone has their level experience reduced by half.Capped Players (Level 56) will be Level 28 . Every map has their level scaling reduced and Equipments change their level requirement (i.e a Level 55&56 Equipment will be converted into Level 28 equipment )so that there will be a "Superior" and an "inferior" equipment in each level and the XP required will be the same Xp required now to reach level 28 but the Xp required from level 27 to 28 will be high as usual (like 28k xp) .

Or

I would like to see a Simple Fix where the XP Amount is Drastically Reduced . I know that there are daily quests but those quests takes same amount of time as you level up in wt4 . There may be an Upcoming expansion and level could go up to 66 which is too high for new players. This is an important issue which reduce the flow of new players . Though we Implement XP Quests , new players won't know that and most of them would leave as soon as they realise level Cap is 56 or even 66.
    I can't wait to lvl up to 106!!

Bring it on sts xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    So you want new players to hit 56 over night and after that cry in in towns they get no guild or in guilds they get no party? If grinding is not your thing you re in the wrong game genre in the first place.
    Absolutely agree with you, Ard!! It's no fun to go random with players who haven't a clue what to do in whichever maps you are running. Put it this way, think of lvling up and doing all those XP map quests as the New Player University of Arcane Legends! Put your practice in so you can be a contributing member of a team.

Why I don't random ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Seriously? The extra daily xp quests last all the way through 56, correct? If that's the case it's easy peasy and idk why anyone would complain because it was a heck of a lot worse before

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Seriously? The extra daily xp quests last all the way through 56, correct? If that's the case it's easy peasy and idk why anyone would complain because it was a heck of a lot worse before
    Because 4K extra a day and 145 xp per run in kt4 isn't enough I'm on my third toon and I'm bored as f in tombs all day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Rpg/mmorpg have always been a pain to lvl up in i consider al one of the easyer games to lvl even to 56 it dosent take long. Bud if you think it boaring as f maybe try an action game. Or better yet go play patty cake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerofort View Post
    Rpg/mmorpg have always been a pain to lvl up in i consider al one of the easyer games to lvl even to 56 it dosent take long. Bud if you think it boaring as f maybe try an action game. Or better yet go play patty cake
    Tombs all day is boring bro and it will turn new players away nobody wants to go through that especially those that can't even afford gears to run the tombs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

You don't have to stay in Tombs tbph. I frankly run from Ashtral Tower to all Tindirin Maps, Orc maps and Gnome maps. Ya'll got a choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Tombs all day is boring bro and it will turn new players away nobody wants to go through that especially those that can't even afford gears to run the tombs...
    Why the hell are you in tombs? Im leveling up my 3rd, 4th and 5th in zones. Its hell fast. The only thing stopping me from being faster is that I stop to play events w my mains.Sounds to me like you like tombs.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Why the hell are you in tombs? Im leveling up my 3rd, 4th and 5th in zones. Its hell fast. The only thing stopping me from being faster is that I stop to play events w my mains.Sounds to me like you like tombs.
    Lol more xp quicker ....first map under gives 250-350 takes about nine minutes I can do seven or eight kt4 runs in that time meaning I get more xp in tombs than in maps just such tedious work I can't imagine how slow it would be without good gear nekro and 15% perm and a few elixirs here and there....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Lol more xp quicker ....first map under gives 250-350 takes about nine minutes I can do seven or eight kt4 runs in that time meaning I get more xp in tombs than in maps just such tedious work I can't imagine how slow it would be without good gear nekro and 15% perm and a few elixirs here and there....
    New players need gold. That gold has to come from somewhere. Not everyone plat levels to 46 then spams tombs and exp elixirs to rush to 56 then mass opens locked crates for gear and pets. There is a reason why the due process must be followed. We all learnt how to play the game by running the maps. We discovered item rarities from watching them drop from mobs and bosses. We earned our first pile of gold from doing quests and selling loot. All of that comes from running the maps, not running tombs endlessly. This is a game and people should play it like it was intended. Like someone said if you can't appreciate that then play another game.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post: