Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
Overall I think the big problem with PvP is how fast kills are obtained. This is why many of us prefer twink PvP -- the fights actually last a while.

As long as PvP at endgame is a 10 second affair, then balance is going to be very tough to achieve. As an example, let's talk a mage vs rogue battle. So as a mage, I put up my shield and attack the rogue. If I manage to kill him with the first 2-3 hits, I can win the fight. But if he manages to get to his healing packs in between those hits, then he will survive, and by then my shield will be down, and the rogue will be able to kill me with a single combo.

If the rogue's defense was just a little bit better, then the mage will not be able to kill the rogue before the mage shield drops, and then the rogue will win the battle. If the rogue's defense is slightly worse, then the mage will win the battle. There is no room for error or variety of strategy here. There is no grey area.... It's either white or black.

Now let's examine this same battle at level 10. At level 10, at best I will be able to reduce the rogue's health by about 40-50% with 2-3 hits. The rogue will surely get to his healing packs, and when my shield goes down, the rogue will be able to get my health down with a few attacks, but not enough to kill me. I will then be able to heal myself (although not fully) and the cycle will repeat. The winner will be whoever outlasts the other. This could take 3 or more rounds of shields & healing packs. If someone lands a critical hit or a stun, that could be enough to turn the tide and gain a win. But for the most part, whoever plays the more perfect match will win.
lol isnt rogue suppose to take mage?, what happened rock paper scissor? where warrior has enermous advantage over rogue which even leads imposible to take down, you want to take rogue before your shild goes down

do you know what happens when nekro shield goes down which has way less of a duration than mage shield mage destroys rogue it matters on group fights

on side note if you use razor, you lose your nox, so that spam combo loses entire skill, calculate that also on your hypotetical battle