Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates: We're going live! PART 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    thats not even tickles if you ask me

so we will give up on nox to use this because its supposedly "buffed"?

why aren't you try your very first suggestions vroom im sure you had your reasons to come up with them

i see mage sabotages worked
    Literally all I see you say is mages this, mage that. Do you really think mages sabotaged pvp changes? you gotta be joking lmao first off the developers wouldn't just add a change based off of one class. Second even if it was, this change was not even reflected by opinions of mages it was a choice made by the developers as stated by vroom and not based on player feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Although I may not have pvp'd in ages, I understand the frustration because razor shield is an optional and mostly defensive pvp skill, which leaves rogues with aimed and pierce as means of attack. However, pierce cannot be used in many situations because it leaves us too vulnerable. Which means rogues need to almost rely solely on aimed shots to do damage, which is quite odd if we are meant to be glass cannons. In the end, rogues are still very much glass, and even less of a cannon if we use this.

From a pve standpoint, however, I like this update to the razor shield. It will allow me to deal extra damage during the time saved not charging RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

thats not even tickles if you ask me

so we will give up on nox to use this because its supposedly "buffed"?

why aren't you try your very first suggestions vroom im sure you had your reasons to come up with them

i see mage sabotages worked
    Mage this mage that, what you mean is nerf mage, am i right? You guys wanted to survive longer than sts buff razor so rogue no need to charge it anymore to avoid stun. Can you think sts make this change based on rogue request?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredystern For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Although I may not have pvp'd in ages, I understand the frustration because razor shield is an optional and mostly defensive pvp skill, which leaves rogues with aimed and pierce as means of attack. However, pierce cannot be used in many situations because it leaves us too vulnerable. Which means rogues need to almost rely solely on aimed shots to do damage, which is quite odd if we are meant to be glass cannons. In the end, rogues are still very much glass, and even less of a cannon if we use this.

From a pve standpoint, however, I like this update to the razor shield. It will allow me to deal extra damage during the time saved not charging RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Use nox instead of pierce .-.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Mage this mage that, what you mean is nerf mage, am i right? You guys wanted to survive longer than sts buff razor so rogue no need to charge it anymore to avoid stun. Can you think sts make this change based on rogue request?
    Sorry if I answered instead of him but the issue is not charging razors, we have enough time to charge razors but we won't survive even with it, once 3 mages rushes you its too deadly at least the damage is, I don't want classes to get nerfed due to thid either but a better solution would help, I don't see this buff even helping but thanks sts might need to test it out with rogues first.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to intrepd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Sorry if I answered instead of him but the issue is not charging razors, we have enough time to charge razors but we won't survive even with it, once 3 mages rushes you its too deadly at least the damage is, I don't want classes to get nerfed due to thid either but a better solution would help, I don't see this buff even helping but thanks sts might need to test it out with rogues first.
    Easy, run to the mage shot some aim and run to warr.

Thats what i do when use rogue and chased by mages

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I will point out 2 advantage I have seen with this buff:
    2-3 seconds saved and still ensures stun immunity . which further make sure that till another nekro as u guys won't be stunned.

You can deal another combo in that duration and that's a lot of damage .

I know rogues always want to be OP that's why rogues never seem to happy unless they can one shot warrior too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    I will point out 2 advantage I have seen with this buff:
    2-3 seconds saved and still ensures stun immunity . which further make sure that till another nekro as u guys won't be stunned.

You can deal another combo in that duration and that's a lot of damage .

I know rogues always want to be OP that's why rogues never seem to happy unless they can one shot warrior too.
    Lol, the thing is this really does nothing to help rogues. Razor shield previously was charged ahead of time when the mage rush was coming. So all this does is help out the rogues that couldn't pre-plan in the first place.

Why do we get such nonsensical buffs but when it came time to buff sorcerer and warrior, y'all gave them every bit of survivability in the book? We rogues didn't even argue when they were given such huge buffs.

Nevertheless, at least this is better than the nox upgrade and it is a step in the right direction. However, there really needs to be some damage reduction attached. Even 25% damage reduction would be awesome to survive and make rogues have a place in clash. The reason being is that we have to drop nox just to use this skill. That means that there needs to be some advantage to it because we are killing things slower.

I don't mind giving up noxious for razor, but there needs to be damage reduction greater than 10% attached. Even 25% is plenty alongside this new addition. Using razor makes us kill things slower so we need to use it and survive long enough to make up for the missing damage of aimed shot.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-26-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Easy, run to the mage shot some aim and run to warr.

Thats what i do when use rogue and chased by mages

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    3 mages rushing you, I'd be stupid if I was a rogue who rushes them instead of running back at first place, run to the warrior who heals 10% if not 0% with korruptipn yes ofc ill survive, first rogues survivability is the worst and they used to rely on Horn too much that korruption completely removes, while packs a bit useless in this clash scenario, no smart rogue is going to rush 3 mages then run back because she would be dead by then.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Lol, the thing is this really does nothing to help rogues. Razor shield previously was charged ahead of time when the mage rush was coming. So all this does is help out the rogues that couldn't pre-plan in the first place.

Why do we get such nonsensical buffs but when it came time to buff sorcerer and warrior, y'all gave them every bit of survivability in the book? We rogues didn't even argue when they were given such huge buffs.

Nevertheless, at least this is better than the nox upgrade and it is a step in the right direction. However, there really needs to be some damage reduction attached. Even 25% damage reduction would be awesome to survive and make rogues have a place in clash. The reason being is that we have to drop nox just to use this skill. That means that there needs to be some advantage to it because we are killing things slower.

I don't mind giving up noxious for razor, but there needs to be damage reduction greater than 10% attached. Even 25% is plenty alongside this new addition. Using razor makes us kill things slower so we need to use it and survive long enough to make up for the missing damage of aimed shot.
    Warriors have 40-60% damage reduction? Mages has 50 I believe if not 55, rogues has 10? At least 25-20% reduction in razor will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

even with damage reduction you are giving up a damage skill to use it(nox), which makes you less of a cannon drops your overall damage we need to compensate the loss damage otherwise the"rogue" concept breaks from damage nuke into something wierd
    Last edited by Ireliaa; 07-26-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Warriors have 40-60% damage reduction? Mages has 50 I believe if not 55, rogues has 10? At least 25-20% reduction in razor will be fine.
    Exactly, I'm not asking for a lot and I believe I'm being reasonable. I am just asking to be able to survive if a support class rushes me as soon as Nekro drops.

We must remember that class balance should never depends on pets. As it currently is, a rogue's balance in PvP heavily depends on Nekro shield. That's why when we see the Nekro shield drop, so does rogues. Sorcerers and warriors do not have this problem because they have defensive measure of their own, each of varying amounts. I'm not asking to be immortal, I'm just asking to have some time to survive when Nekro shield fades.

I hope a developer sees this and understands that it's a very reasonable request.

Thank you!

even with damage reduction you are giving up a damage skill to use it(nox), which makes you less of a cannon drops your overall damage
    If you can survive the Mage rush, then it's okay. I can manage. Rogue just needs to be able to survive till the next Nekro shield (6 seconds). Once that happens, they have a place in clash and everything is okay. Team heals are not enough for a rogue to last these 6 seconds. That's why the damage reduction is needed.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-26-2016 at 08:00 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Rogues dish out more damage than mages and warriors thats why the devs want them to stay a glass cannon. If they are given defensive measures such as mages and tanks in addition to nekro, they would just steam roll every other class.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DAmage126 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

If you can survive the Mage rush, then it's okay. I can manage. Rogue just needs to be able to survive till the next Nekro shield (6 seconds). Once that happens, they have a place in clash and everything is okay.
    well you suvive but you do much less of a damage which may lead you to not able to kill aswell, besides u sure %25 gonna be enough? it wont stack with nekro also its 8 sec
    you gotta try it before claiming i guess, DR vs doing less dmg

but no need to argue this is just stun immunity jokish buff

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Man..razor shield has no use in pvp lol. People only use it to vs tanks, and even sometimes you don't need to use razor shield. I was hoping for an armor buff? That would still be minimal, like adding 100 armor back to rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Exactly, I'm not asking for a lot and I believe I'm being reasonable. I am just asking to be able to survive if a support class rushes me as soon as Nekro drops.

We must remember that class balance should never depends on pets. As it currently is, a rogue's balance in PvP heavily depends on Nekro shield. That's why when we see the Nekro shield drop, so does rogues. Sorcerers and warriors do not have this problem because they have defensive measure of their own, each of varying amounts. I'm not asking to be immortal, I'm just asking to have some time to survive when Nekro shield fades.

I hope a developer sees this and understands that it's a very reasonable request.

Thank you!

If you can survive the Mage rush, then it's okay. I can manage. Rogue just needs to be able to survive till the next Nekro shield (6 seconds). Once that happens, they have a place in clash and everything is okay. Team heals are not enough for a rogue to last these 6 seconds. That's why the damage reduction is needed.
    +1 I agree the damage reduction would be a great help for you guys to stay alive long enough to be useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAmage126 View Post
    Rogues dish out more damage than mages and warriors thats why the devs want them to stay a glass cannon. If they are given defensive measures such as mages and tanks in addition to nekro, they would just steam roll every other class.
    It would be great if rogues could use that damage and not get killed instantly by a Mage rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

well you suvive but you do much less of a damage which may lead you to not able to kill aswell, besides u sure %25 gonna be enough? it wont stack with nekro also its 8 sec
    you gotta try it before claiming i guess, DR vs doing less dmg

but no need to argue this is just stun immunity jokish buff
    I'm positive it will be enough. You shouldn't be using razor at the same time as Nekro anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imback Al View Post
    Man..razor shield has no use in pvp lol. People only use it to vs tanks, and even sometimes you don't need to use razor shield. I was hoping for an armor buff? That would still be minimal, like adding 100 armor back to rogues.
    100 armor offers like %2.5 damage reduction, its like getting %2.5 healt, so 150-200 hp extra gonna solve it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

100 armor offers like %2.5 damage reduction, its like getting %2.5 healt, so 150-200 hp extra gonna solve it?
    Ofc, I would take 100 armor or 150-200 hp any day, but think about it. With mm stats, daggers, and best armor, you can get 2.45k armor, 1.3k damage, 6k hp and 50% crit. No Mage could kill a rogue with 6k hp 2.4k armor
    Last edited by Imback Al; 07-26-2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Added a comma after best armor :p grammar