Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post here if you xp jumped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:411243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Alot of players feel remorse the next morning about it, and they dont need to be banned.
    That's the part I don't get, I can pretty much say that I avoid making any choice that I believe I'll regret afterwards. If I choose to cheat on a test, I'm prepared to deal with the consequences. I understand curiosity, but everyone had to know that there would be a reckoning. Did anyone actually take the time to think of what the devs have to go through now. Your $100 bill on the street was a good analogy, but let's make it more realistic. How about a new PSP 3000 gaming unit brand new in the box found right outside of an electronic store. The catch is there is a receipt stuffed inside, which has credit card information along with the name of the buyer. Now it's more a choice you have to make with a clear winner and loser.

Those who found this bug had a choice to make, turn in the information and see how it played out, or keep the prize and run. It's unfortunate that the outcome snowballed the way it did, but that's usually how these type of situations go. Look at any time there is a particular mistake made by the STS department (Shadow Caves pinks for all glitch, bank vault Beargular exploit, recipe vs actual crafted item exploit), anytime someone finds a particular issue with the game it become wide spread panic to jump on it before the patch. This time is no different and I imagine that most assumed that STS would just patch it and they would get to keep their reward.
    I understand Gluttony.. I wasnt in the right headspace last night tho. Given that same opportunity now I would decide against it, I was just bored and curious last night and I didnt realize all the extra work I might have created for the devs. If I had a voice of reason last night I wouldve listened, but it was more like, "haha let's have fun with this before they roll back xp".

BTW, I have the crown of persistance, so it's not like i'm afraid to grind.. I love grinding out toons..
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Best option for STS which won't cause any legal or non-legal issue is to let it go. Just fix it and let it go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I xp jumped as well...I hate grinding lol...Anyways did anyone try this in SL to make sure the same thing cant happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hopefully no rollback, cus I finally got all the gear I wanted and over 2 million, I'd just quit again. I didn't use the glitch and it wouldn't be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Gluttony brings up an important topic tho.

Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear they were getting "thru exploit" were just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats. And once again, I didnt mean any harm. The only ones I have to prove myself to are the devs, and once they see my chatlog I'm pretty certain I won't be banned, as I didnt profit, nor did I tell anyone else. I just made this thread in hopes that we can show a little remorse and let everyone know it happens to the best of us.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-10-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Infinite Union forums

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear the we're getting "thru exploit" are just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats.
    That was strictly in-game gold and there was no way to tell if STS meant to program the drops that way or not, it's a bit like when players first started BS and were complaining about the lack of drops. Players wondered if STS made a mistake and forgot to add mob drops, only to find out later that it was intended. This issue more so affects the real world as it required actual plat to participate in the bug, real money raises the stakes substantially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Lol @ the people acting all high and mighty on this guy.

Obviously, Ebalere is just venting here. No need to jump on him like a bunch of rabid hyenas. You are just doing the OP a disservice by being asshats. In the end, it doesn't matter what you people think because the devs will have the last say on this and rarely will their judgement be influenced by a wannabe James Bond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow glad my phone been messed up since lvl cap raise or I would probably made same mistake u guys did hope everything works out for u guys atleast u being honest about it that says a lot bout ur char

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I also used it as i was told by lots of players that i had to try out this glitch. It was tempting but hey, now that STS knows whats going on, they can fix it. Sometimes things have to go bad in order for it to get good. It was lousy on my part, but we all make mistakes. I think being banned for something like this doesn't make sense as it was in the game and anyone could of played it.

I guess it would seem frustrating for me because I've contributed a lot to this game (money wise) and had taken so much time out of my scheduled to be committed to this game. I've spent countless hours of farming which turned into XP.
    Of course I am nervous as I can't tell what the devs are about to do to people who did this. I don't want my countless hours of contribution to go to waste as I've played this game since the start...

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We are currently figuring out our official position on it. Initial thoughts are to roll everyone who used it back, and only ban those who tried to sell it in game.
    Hopefully this clears stuff up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...refferably-Sam

GUYS CHECK IT OUT!!! ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arischal View Post
    Hopefully no rollback, cus I finally got all the gear I wanted and over 2 million, I'd just quit again. I didn't use the glitch and it wouldn't be fair.

Only people who glitched will be rerolled, don't worry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I XP Jumped as well.. Im sorry Sam Hope i dont get ban..

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

This is an interesting thread, I had no idea that so many acutally jumped. It does explain why it's taking so long to get the server back up. We could be here a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:411329
    Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear the we're getting "thru exploit" are just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats.
    That was strictly in-game gold and there was no way to tell if STS meant to program the drops that way or not, it's a bit like when players first started BS and were complaining about the lack of drops. Players wondered if STS made a mistake and forgot to add mob drops, only to find out later that it was intended. This issue more so affects the real world as it required actual plat to participate in the bug, real money raises the stakes substantially.
    Word, but we didnt get the plat, devs did, so all it did was put a couple extra bucks in the devs pockets, unless they refund everyone, which they shouldn't.
    I just hope they sort it and no one gets banned except maybe people selling the glitch in cs.. I mean, didn't y'all hit the warp pipe straight to world 4 in Mario sometimes too? Lol
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.

Yes, I've done something wrong (or bad) and I paid for the price. Same thing here

It's just my opinion and you can disagree with me but don't get other people into this

Anyway, I'm too old for this and don't want to waste your time

Just like you said, go out and have fun with your real best friends, I think this maintenance will take a bit longer than usual

When server is back, you will know how nice devs are and most of you will be just fine

Does this make you feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Reading Justg words made feel A LOT better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My fingers are crossed for you guys, hoping for mercy and/or a general amnesty. Hmmm.....I'm really kind of a pacifist.....*hunts for a Ding-Dong to sacrifice*
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Word, but we didnt get the plat, devs did, so all it did was put a couple extra bucks in the devs pockets, unless they refund everyone, which they shouldn't.
    I mostly meant that since plat is involved the devs are going to have to take a hard stance on it, much like they had to do with the plat being transferrable reversal decision. I don't really think that most expect/want reimbursement, but I'm sure some will aggro over it if they don't get their plat back.

Oh, and I took the warp pipe to World 3 for the extra lives exploit on stage 3-1. Now that was a true exploit, the warp was built in.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Guys don't worry about it. The devs are so flexible in giving each and every one of you a fun time playing an MMO. Of course there will be some consequences for those who glitched, but I can almost assure all of you the Devs will not ban anyone. The glitch was in game, mistakes happens.