Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post here if you xp jumped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Spot on. I know what I did was wrong but as I said I thought it was a simple fix. I have invested months of my time and 100's of dollars into this game, and feel like i jeopardized that by succumbing to the temptation. I was asked by a few reputable people how to do it, and never said how (came close once tho :S), and I think that should mean something. The Devs are excellent humans tho and they will sort this out and I feel that they'll judge our fates knowing that we aren't bad people, we would just take the $100 bill laying on the street instead of walking by.
    No worries ebalere. Just dont want anything to happen to you guys. Just some think they did no wrong atleast you admitted to it shows honesty.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    If i get banned what will I do if I win anyway? LOL
    if you come play, it would keep your mind off the banning situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is not a simple issue at all. Inequality between persons disclosing it and persons not cannot be solved in this simple way.

Developers and customer service was totally unavailable early this morning. And definitely, developers should admit that it was product defect, and they were negligent. When they found it earlier, they could stop the server as early as possible, which was the only remedy devs could do. If developers simple ban based on their faulty, this will cause serious legal problems.

In reality, it is almost impossible to trace down all of it.
    There were people who happened to buy it and gained xp. There is no bright line disguishing people intentionally did from the people unintentionally did.
    There were people who gained xp even after it expired. There is no clear line which part of experience was caused by it.

And here are a few more questions devs should consider.
    How will devs compensate for the items they received during the time?
    How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Are you sure you're asking the right questions, I mean do they really have to reimburse for anything? No matter who the blame falls on, some of it can be placed on the consumer as well allowing STS to absolve themselves at least a bit. In the end, all that is expected is something fair that caters to everyone. Some may lose more than others, but as long as the majority is okay with the decision STS will come out unscathed.
    Non-sense! I am not discussing moral ethics or responsibility. I am talking about legal issues and class action Spacetime studio will be subject to if they would ban people. Of course, this is not politics either which can be decided by majority of people. This legal issues are related to contracts, torts, private international law, international arbitration, etc.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

You guys are worrying too much imo when u say your banned then count me wrong but relax enjoy the time away from pl lol

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking:411147
    Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子 View Post
    COME TRY!!! 150+ posts in 10 minutes ITS THE NEXT BIG THING!

theres also a 1m prize at the end
    LOL was thinking the same thing.. but Hunzzz, c'mon now, please stop advertising your thread in my thread, they're one above the other atm, everyone can see your thread if they can see mine.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    if you come play, it would keep your mind off the banning situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think everyone who uses an exploit should be permanent banned as stated to the terms of service.

You tried to cheat, you got caught. Bye.

This is a no brainer really. Don't try to pretend your good people your, cheaters. Personally I could care less I look at you all no different..BUT it is what it is, u saw a way to advance quickly and you took it. In Rl when people cheat(say rob a bank) they go to prison.

No offense, but u did the crime... Pay the price.. Consider this a free life lesson.
    Snub (65) Full Dex Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

LOL was thinking the same thing.. but Hunzzz, c'mon now, please stop advertising your thread in my thread, they're one above the other atm, everyone can see your thread if they can see mine.
    hehe sowwy, im just twying to keep pplz minds off the banning :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this.

Sorry, I've been playing this game much longer than you. How do you know I don't know anyone!!

some of them are my friends and they are really nice people

I also feel sad if any of them get banned or quit this game

But I want to tell you in case you don't know. It is general understanding that use any bug for any purpose in game is breaking rule

You are simply making an excuse for yourself or you just think that makes you feel better for what you've done
    Last edited by j46g629h; 09-10-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol. Breaking what rule? Did you read the terms of service? You are talking about criminal law which deals with the relationship between state and citizen. We are discussing contracts and torts. please, be quite if you are ignorant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderjuice:411155

Non-sense! I am not discussing moral ethics or responsibility. I am talking about legal issues and class action Spacetime studio will be subject to if they would ban people. Of course, this is not politics either which can be decided by majority of people. This legal issues are related to contracts, torts, private international law, international arbitration, etc.
    I appreciate what you're trying to do, but this isnt a STS law and politics thread, please stick to the topic plz and only post if you're coming clean. Lets not burn my thread down in flames and bickering. Your comments are gonna just lead to arguements from people that disagree.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yes I did use out curiosity but it was a glitch created by the devs and one that should be fixed by them IMO. To ban any player would be like banning someone for using a 4x elixir to get to 61 instead of grinding the old fashion way. The players did not create any glitch or hack they simply played the game that was in front of them that the devs made. To go and ban would be a big mistake IMO.
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

In all honesty ban should go only to the people that were actually selling the glitch IMHO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snub:411168
    I think everyone who uses an exploit should be permanent banned as stated to the terms of service.

You tried to cheat, you got caught. Bye.

This is a no brainer really. Don't try to pretend your good people your, cheaters. Personally I could care less I look at you all no different..BUT it is what it is, u saw a way to advance quickly and you took it. In Rl when people cheat(say rob a bank) they go to prison.

No offense, but u did the crime... Pay the price.. Consider this a free life lesson.
    You know what, just lock this thread, delete it even. Mr. PERFECT over here cant help but spew his unneeded opinion on my thread, and it's making me sick.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:410963
    Guys, if it makes you feel better, well go ahead and post. No real need, though. We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.
    Give y'all something to read again..

So please stop with the flaming. Thnz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I didn't even here there was a bug until this morning. A friend in SL told me PL was down to fix it and I was thinking, "Bug?" Lol.

ETA:

Nope. All of us are playing on STS's private property. They get to make the rules and we agree to abide by them when we play. There's a section in the TOS that deals with the exploitation of bugs--you know about it, you exploit it and/or assist others to do so by passing it on rather than just reporting it? Bannable under the TOS.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 09-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Eb, I can honestly say I would have used it if I had been on, but good thing I didn't play late yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I wake up at 8:00 on Saturday morning... to find PL has been turned upside down O_o

I have absolutely no idea what this glitch is, but it sounds like this could take a long time to fix the damage done. In terms of a rollback, good thing I haven't gotten crap in Nuri's Circus in a week haha. But I would sure hate to see good people like Nazgulking and Ellyidol go. Best of luck to everyone
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h:411177
    You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this.

Sorry, I've been playing this game much longer than you. How do you know I don't know anyone!!

some of them are my friends and they are really nice people

I also feel sad if any of them get banned or quit this game

But I want to tell you in case you don't know. It is general understanding that use any bug for any purpose in game is breaking rule

You are simply making an excuse for yourself or you just think that makes you feel better for what you've done
    I don't care if you were the first one to ever download the game, you don't know me, and that's for certain, so your opinion on what you think I'm trying to accomplish here is null. I'm starting to get really mad at all these self righteous people who act like they've never done a bad thing in their life, and prey on people who make a mistake. You two are looking at this as an excuse to come across as better people than the ones who used the bug, which you aren't. ALOT of good solid contributors to the game used it. Are u saying Parth, Elly, Otu, nazgul, and all the other excellent people that make this game great deserve a ban? Pff. If that happens then ban me all you want because this game will just be full of pompous jerks like Snub, and I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.
    Infinite Union forums

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    Yes I did use out curiosity but it was a glitch created by the devs and one that should be fixed by them IMO. To ban any player would be like banning someone for using a 4x elixir to get to 61 instead of grinding the old fashion way. The players did not create any glitch or hack they simply played the game that was in front of them that the devs made. To go and ban would be a big mistake IMO.
    I also used it as i was told by lots of players that i had to try out this glitch. It was tempting but hey, now that STS knows whats going on, they can fix it. Sometimes things have to go bad in order for it to get good. It was lousy on my part, but we all make mistakes. I think being banned for something like this doesn't make sense as it was in the game and anyone could of played it.

I guess it would seem frustrating for me because I've contributed a lot to this game (money wise) and had taken so much time out of my scheduled to be committed to this game. I've spent countless hours of farming which turned into XP.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 09-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.