Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post here if you xp jumped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Guys, if it makes you feel better, well go ahead and post. No real need, though. We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.
    Hope you don't have to do it on an individual basis, otherwise lemme know, I'll send you a starbucks for the all-nighter your about to pull!

Also, all of this stuff about legal implications, etc. I think the guy who said we agree to TOS had it right. Explotation of a Bug is a no-no. Now how STS defines exploitation will be the issue (if at all). My two cents is fix it, roll-back, and let it go.
    Last edited by krazii; 09-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

From hunzzz' thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:411396
    Well, I'm safe then. I was at 60 with about 8400xp towards 61 before I did it.

I also never profited, told anyone else, and consider the 15 plat it cost me my "im sorry devs" gift. I don't expect to keep any money or gears gained post-bug. People that do expect to get a refund or not lose progress besides xp should just consider themselves lucky they aren't banned.
    End of story, End of thread. It's all gonna be back to normal soon. I'm gonna be doing some redemption grinding to 61 when pl is back up, who's in?
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

just jumped on forum... wth happened? sounds like a funny bug... how it was possible..?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h:411380
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.

Yes, I've done something wrong (or bad) and I paid for the price. Same thing here

It's just my opinion and you can disagree with me but don't get other people into this

Anyway, I'm too old for this and don't want to waste your time

Just like you said, go out and have fun with your real best friends, I think this maintenance will take a bit longer than usual

When server is back, you will know how nice devs are and most of you will be just fine

Does this make you feel better
    Yes, I was just stressed and starting a response with "I've been here alot longer than you" is kind of offensive in nature ,considering you don't know how long I've been playing, only how long I've been on forums. But I appreciate you coming back with a more maturely and well thought out post, I really kind of thought you were rude until i saw this. No hard feelings?
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I don't know and I couldn't care less.
    Slept through the whole thing lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:411387
    Word, but we didnt get the plat, devs did, so all it did was put a couple extra bucks in the devs pockets, unless they refund everyone, which they shouldn't.
    I mostly meant that since plat is involved the devs are going to have to take a hard stance on it, much like they had to do with the plat being transferrable reversal decision. I don't really think that most expect/want reimbursement, but I'm sure some will aggro over it if they don't get their plat back.

Oh, and I took the warp pipe to World 3 for the extra lives exploit on stage 3-1. Now that was a true exploit, the warp was built in.
    If people raise a fuss about a plat refund I will LOL. That's like calling the cops cuz your weed dealer sold you a light bag. Lmao

And yes, bad analogy on my part Gluttony, I was trying to relate to "taking the easy way out". On a side note, all this mario talk is making me wanna dust off the ol' NES. Lol need somethin to do while the devs do their magic!
    Infinite Union forums

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I hadnt played in almost a week..the night this bug kreeped up i jump on...i wish i wouldve never downloaded forum app an READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't use the bug! Do I get a prize joking aside, this is some serious stuff. At least it wasn't a pink every kill glitch @_@ still lvl 55 btw :/

Thanks Flowman!!!
    The best fruit in the world....PWNPEAR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderjuice:411155
    This is not a simple issue at all. Inequality between persons disclosing it and persons not cannot be solved in this simple way.

Developers and customer service was totally unavailable early this morning. And definitely, developers should admit that it was product defect, and they were negligent. When they found it earlier, they could stop the server as early as possible, which was the only remedy devs could do. If developers simple ban based on their faulty, this will cause serious legal problems.

In reality, it is almost impossible to trace down all of it.
    There were people who happened to buy it and gained xp. There is no bright line disguishing people intentionally did from the people unintentionally did.
    There were people who gained xp even after it expired. There is no clear line which part of experience was caused by it.

And here are a few more questions devs should consider.
    How will devs compensate for the items they received during the time?
    How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Are you sure you're asking the right questions, I mean do they really have to reimburse for anything? No matter who the blame falls on, some of it can be placed on the consumer as well allowing STS to absolve themselves at least a bit. In the end, all that is expected is something fair that caters to everyone. Some may lose more than others, but as long as the majority is okay with the decision STS will come out unscathed.
    Non-sense! I am not discussing moral ethics or responsibility. I am talking about legal issues and class action Spacetime studio will be subject to if they would ban people. Of course, this is not politics either which can be decided by majority of people. This legal issues are related to contracts, torts, private international law, international arbitration, etc.
    I think you're mistaken bud. Read the user agreement. Plus it's a free game, no subscription. STS can ban and refuse service to whom ever they choose.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

On a side note, all this mario talk is making me wanna dust off the ol' NES. Lol need somethin to do while the devs do their magic!
    WiiWare ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Going back on topic a bit, I did it.

Its like a drug... at first I didn't believe a friend, seemed too much like those cheats/scams.... After the first character, well, everyone was 61 by now and I just got carried away. I never tried to sell the glitch for profit, only told one friend when we asked. Once it was posted on the forums, I finally reported it; didn't want to get any friends in trouble at first. I can say that the people telling me only did it because I was so persistant. Oh, and not to mention any names, but 3 other GoAs told me it was completely fine, so I deicided, heck, if they roll back the servers its still fun for a night.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Once it was posted on the forums, I finally reported it; didn't want to get any friends in trouble at first.
    That's the problem right there, everyone passed the buck and the offenders came out of the woodworks after the fact. Best possible choice would have been to tell your friends to report it and avoid contact through any means possible, log off if you had to. Just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Was too curious, figured they'd roll back (which they did) and I'm glad they did tbh. Only leveled my Mage, kept bear They rolled back the levels if anyone hasn't said so yet. I can confirm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Was too curious, figured they'd roll back (which they did) and I'm glad they did tbh. Only leveled my Mage, kept bear They rolled back the levels if anyone hasn't said so yet. I can confirm
    Those originally below 60 and used the glitch i believed were successfully rolledback but a lot i know of who from 60 turned 61 due to the glitch still remains at 61. Not sure if STS will leave it like that but I hope they do something about it as well.
    Ororomonroe L60 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    That's the problem right there, everyone passed the buck and the offenders came out of the woodworks after the fact. Best possible choice would have been to tell your friends to report it and avoid contact through any means possible, log off if you had to. Just saying.
    I completely agree with that now, in the moment, I just wanted out after the first one. Went to eat and gave them my # incase I didn't get to talk again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The discussion has turned from discussion of developer negligence, player Mea Culpas, into a bully pulpit. The core issue here is the "bug went live" into the infrastructure of the game adversely affecting gameplay. As I posted earlier, some players knowingly took advantage, verbalized the exploit, and profitted monetarily. Others, however, conducted themselves within the refs of the game, playing along and got caught in the glitch routine, with no malfeasence intended. Ultimately it is a developers responsibility to [not] deliver a faulty product to consumers. Deadlines and profit outweigh any serious Q&A that could have contained the bug. As for walking by or picking up a $100 bill on the ground: picking it up is stealing as you did not lawfully earn it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You know what, just lock this thread, delete it even. Mr. PERFECT over here cant help but spew his unneeded opinion on my thread, and it's making me sick.
    So.. You open a thread to get sympathy and because I offer none you dis me?
    Seriously, If you take advantage of an exploit you should be banned. You use the excuse “I didn’t tell anyone to protect the game” but if you cared about PL you would have reported the bug and not used it. Not telling anyone just shows your intention to get away with cheating.
    My name in game is SNUB, please set your toon to ignore me, I will return the favor.
    Snub (65) Full Dex Archer