Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek: Guild Battlegrounds!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oaheuzihar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks it is a tad unfair for the guild leader to get all of rewards? They should at least get the chance to split it with guildies if they want, right?

Also, when is this coming out? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? 3 years from now?
    This is to keep things simple. Your guild leader should be trusted enough to distribute proceeds.

As to when, the answer is not tomorrow, not next week, but asap. My GUESS is in a month or so.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is to keep things simple. Your guild leader should be trusted enough to distribute proceeds.

As to when, the answer is not tomorrow, not next week, but asap. My GUESS is in a month or so.
    Does everyone in the battleground clash contribute to the prize fund or does it come straight from the GM's pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!! yes yes yes yes yes wagering system!! Best thing i've read in a long time. So sick. Just give customization options. Maybe 3 team sizes. 3 match lengths. Perhaps if you do class restriction can be numbers divisible by 3. if not then idk. Will have to try 10 v 10 and see how it is. Sounds like it will be a massacre. Awesome!!! I need to think about it to come up with some suggestions. But super exciting guys!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We are mid-way in development on this, so the timing is great for feedback.

What duration clashes are you guys interested in?
    My points are:

A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Sounds great!

Can we use the classic "Forest Fight!" from PL? Fast paced gameplay there with this many players would be absolutely insane!
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Would be great with a class restriction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

nice guild with most tanks mages wins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    nice guild with most tanks mages wins
    If there's class restriction, this won't happen. I trust developers that they'll make a spot for rogues too.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Does everyone in the battleground clash contribute to the prize fund or does it come straight from the GM's pocket.
    The Guild Leader will need the coin on their character to challenge/ accept but there is no reaon he could not collect from members beforehand. It will be up to the guild how to handle fees and payouts.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

balance the classes first and solve the stack issue then you can go forward to 10 vs 10 pvp, otherwise its gonna be mage-warr fest

In AL there is no class role everyone is dps therefore there is no class restriction in any pvp

you are avoiding problems and trying to come up with new stuff without solving the core issues

class restriction requests indicates there is something wrong with balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    591 Posts

On the non-technical front I'm chary about the whole system notice that comes with this feature. I can only see it as potentials for more drama on top of the rest of pvp drama baggage. From guild management perspectives the fact that only officers are allowed to enter the fray might lead to more drama regarding promotion and rogue officers kicking entire guild unchecked. I know it's not something STS can control, just that there's potentials for that. I know the feature is going to be released anyway despite my misgivings, so any way to minimize the drama would be great.

How big the new client will be when this feature is released?

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    On the non-technical front I'm chary about the whole system notice that comes with this feature. I can only see it as potentials for more drama on top of the rest of pvp drama baggage. From guild management perspectives the fact that only officers are allowed to enter the fray might lead to more drama regarding promotion and rogue officers kicking entire guild unchecked. I know it's not something STS can control, just that there's potentials for that. I know the feature is going to be released anyway despite my misgivings, so any way to minimize the drama would be great.

How big the new client will be when this feature is released?
    It is currently not the plan to only allow officers to join the Arena. Currently, any member of either guild can join the Arena once the Battleground has started.
    That does bring up another good point of feedback though:

Who from the guild do you think should be allowed to participate in a Battleground?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I wont mind for having a another app / login screen or something for guild wars and keeping remaining pve app light.... Already my game closes on minimizing more then 5secs...
    10v10 will surely benefit pc users...there will be a timer before war starts...teams can easily switch to smooth fast guildclash app (while chats will be same on both apps)
    Just a idea...
    Way to get...Let it let..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oaheuzihar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks it is a tad unfair for the guild leader to get all of rewards? They should at least get the chance to split it with guildies if they want, right?

Also, when is this coming out? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? 3 years from now?
    Leader is the one most trusted man,he splits it after, don't worry about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    It is currently not the plan to only allow officers to join the Arena. Currently, any member of either guild can join the Arena once the Battleground has started.

Who from the guild do you think should be allowed to participate in a Battleground?
    a special mark or icon whom the GL will assign kinda another promotion member>recruiter > veteran(will appear as a mark/icon), so only those that are marked will be eligible.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I wish another wager mechanism can be added that's for the general public instead of just the guilds. I wouldn't mind putting up a few gold just for some fun. For example, once the battle has been announced the general public gets 5 mins to place their bets with a NPC.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melthyz For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

guild leader should pick the participants from guild list to avoid random joiners since wager etc involved, simple as it is.

btw why do you guys ignore the concerns about class stacking, in 10 vs 10 its gonna be highly abuseable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    One specific battle rather than a war would be better, IMO but that's just my opinion.

Is there any official response on class restriction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Great! I will buy a new popcorn machine tomorrow. I will need it when our usual suspects start using the wagering system.