Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek: Guild Battlegrounds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

This sounds very nice StS!
    you are killin it guys! i am very amazed how you guys get more fun ideas
    ok so i am little bit confused
    if the battleground started and all the players in the arena
    and 1 player disconnect or had to go..how the battle will continue?
    lets say they are 10-10, And one player left
    it goes 10v9? or 1 player get eliminated ?
    if he get eliminated, i see the same class from opposite get removed

I was thinking this could be pve idea ( but yes after the pvp plan is done)
    wanna hear it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

10 v 10 should not be the smallest size. Some guilds, including mine, rarely have 10 players on at any given point in time, and the 10 who would actually take part in the combat are almost never on simultaneously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    My points are:

A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    question about C)
    How much need cost pack in your opinion?
    Will it be tradeable so non-plat players can use this as well?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches
    We have nothing against small skirmishes! Our initial thought was to give players choices of smaller Battlegrounds (1 hour or less) and all the way up to very long Battlegrounds (12 hours for example) so that guilds who have members from various timezones can still let their members participate in the overall Battleground.

It may be important to note that we plan for Battlegrounds to more closely resemble the current PvP TDM as opposed to Duels. Once the Battleground has been accepted, the Arena opens. The Arena will initially be empty, players from each guild will have to join the Arena to begin fighting. The Arena will remain open for the entire duration of the Battleground, and will allow players to come and go as they please. Guilds will not be penalized if they do not have 10 members inside of the Arena, so there is no penalty for having your guild take a break, or waiting until you have 10 members online to enter. That level of coordination would be up to the competing guilds.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

It is currently not the plan to only allow officers to join the Arena. Currently, any member of either guild can join the Arena once the Battleground has started.
    That does bring up another good point of feedback though:

Who from the guild do you think should be allowed to participate in a Battleground?
    Master should confirm before someone enter battleground. If player X want join then it pop up in GM notification bar and he can allow or deny him to enter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    Maybe if more players then time in arena is longer? Or we can pick up time that we are playing? I was thinking more like 5v5 will be 30 mins. 10vs10 60 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A few suggestions:

1) I like the "war" idea as well. So perhaps the time options should be 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours. The guild who makes the challenge can choose the time and then the other guild has the option to accept, or they could make a counter offer. Guild X could challenge guild Y to a 24 hour battle, but guild Y could decide that is too long and make a counter challenge back to guild X for a 1 hour battle.

2) I think 5v5 is what it should be, then if the first room fills up then a second room opens. Otherwise you are going to end up with lopsided fights too often. If guild X has 10 players waiting in the battle, and guild Y only has 5 players online, then there is no way for this fight to proceed as guild Y would be slaughtered. Keep in mind there are many smaller guilds out there that would be hard pressed to ever have 10 members online at the same time. So they would then be excluded from this battleground process if the only option is 10v10.

Another option is to not allow new players from one side to enter until there are an equal number of players from the other side present. For example, Guild X cannot have a 4th player enter until Guild Y has 3 players already in the battle. Then you can never be outnumbered by more than 1. Then a 10v10 battle would be fine.

3) I think officers should be able to accept a challenge. Sometimes the guild leader may not be online, or may be on vacation, etc. Officers have the responsibility of being able to kick guild members, so I think they should be trusted to accept a guild challenge.

4) This is just my opinion, but how about a 5v5 CTF guild battle with no time limit where the winning team is the one who scores 5 flags first? I think that would be tons of fun, and would actually give people a reason to finally play CTF as it was intended!
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-03-2016 at 05:50 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    The Guild Leader will need the coin on their character to challenge/ accept but there is no reaon he could not collect from members beforehand. It will be up to the guild how to handle fees and payouts.
    is there not a platinum fee associated with the wager?
    instead of using platinum. . use another token system which can be bought with platinum and made tradable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I don't particularly pvp at end game, but wouldn't mind giving this a try! I like the idea of it being a long war vs a quick battle.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like but because it's a community war and there is fun and finally prices i would like to see, like Zeus s idea, an armory for each class before enter Arena where you can chose between various gears and pets pre determined

It will be very cool if every Arlorians will participate even just 5min and get fun without spend millions golds on gears. Not sure they will if they keep die.
    If your looking for a true war, make your content enjoyable for everyone! At least this one..

To me, sorry but there is actually NO SKILL TO PVP, just buy best gears and put full noble fury/mind/finesse jewels or para/eyes and do the job. Even if i like AL the pvp is a catastrophe a PAY TO WIN where rich wear the best vanities and ignore poors, trash talk, feel invincible and are ridiculous.. Its like in real life, a private club pour les fils a papa!
    For finally close the day with a BBQ on paradise pier with rich mates, standing on the sand with in mind "jesus, dam im the best"

Then in one word it isnt skill>gears>luck at all but gears>skill>luck since most of pvp players are OP and rich players and the little number of curious players or casuals is rushed, trash talked and finally disgusted forever for the profit of dummy farmers and nobrain players with only in mind LEADERBOARD.

This is the sad and THE TRUE REALITY!! And i presum its why most of ban are pvp players.
    When you enter the arena sometimes you dont know if its a joke with clowns in jesters or a real mature battle with muscles, blood and respect of the other.. There is so strange behavior that i had many time worries about the good health of few peoples.

In addition, not everyone can spend many time of farming for pvp or merch with platinums when there is good offers..I think its time to FINISH THE JOB and make pvp or your futur guild clash enjoyable for EVERYONE and not only the rich. If you don't do this, well its another "good" content without plus.

THIS, and This only will be a great thing. My english suck but i hope its okay. I wrote the only point that disguse me on the game, thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JesuisCharlie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

My only say in this is that I hope this BG is played as it is. Not surprised if there are some people are already planning on making a dummy guild just to smash over and over and "win."

Best of luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixenne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I say make the battlegrounds sounds like DOTA, the map and the type of game. Need something to be destroyed or conquered since there would be uneven balance of players, in addidtion the dexterity and hits of the players is also by chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    My only say in this is that I hope this BG is played as it is. Not surprised if there are some people are already planning on making a dummy guild just to smash over and over and "win."

Best of luck.
    As was mentioned above, every time a guild wins a battle, it will be announced to everyone over the system chat. So if one guild keeps winning against a dummy guild, everyone will know it. In fact, nobody will really care unless two guilds of significance are fighting each other. So beating a dummy guild will just be a waste of time and an embarrassment to the guild involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guild leader only? How about those members who participate? Any rewards for them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

As great as this sounds I see a whole mess of potential problems

1. Guild dummy farming ..as vix pointed out , I can see people foaming at the mouth to do this already

2. Class stacking.. yeh its going to happen..just be ready for it

3. Blocking ..if it can be done it will be done

Then when you add wagers , you multiply your average forum backlash by 10,000....oh the drama..the drama!

Then your going to get the guilds that throw up huge wagers..example. <derpguildA> puts up a wager of eleventy billion gold then runs to the forum and brags that there so op no one will fight them..and drama insues...

This falls under the post I did a wile back saying "When you add new features you need to hope for the best but plan for the worst" . Well when PvP and wagers come together..your going to see some of the worst

Buckle up buckaroo... its gona get ugly in here
    Last edited by Justg; 08-04-2016 at 10:52 AM.

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A few suggestions:

1) I like the "war" idea as well. So perhaps the time options should be 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours. The guild who makes the challenge can choose the time and then the other guild has the option to accept, or they could make a counter offer. Guild X could challenge guild Y to a 24 hour battle, but guild Y could decide that is too long and make a counter challenge back to guild X for a 1 hour battle.

2) I think 5v5 is what it should be, then if the first room fills up then a second room opens. Otherwise you are going to end up with lopsided fights too often. If guild X has 10 players waiting in the battle, and guild Y only has 5 players online, then there is no way for this fight to proceed as guild Y would be slaughtered. Keep in mind there are many smaller guilds out there that would be hard pressed to ever have 10 members online at the same time. So they would then be excluded from this battleground process if the only option is 10v10.

Another option is to not allow new players from one side to enter until there are an equal number of players from the other side present. For example, Guild X cannot have a 4th player enter until Guild Y has 3 players already in the battle. Then you can never be outnumbered by more than 1. Then a 10v10 battle would be fine.

3) I think officers should be able to accept a challenge. Sometimes the guild leader may not be online, or may be on vacation, etc. Officers have the responsibility of being able to kick guild members, so I think they should be trusted to accept a guild challenge.

4) This is just my opinion, but how about a 5v5 CTF guild battle with no time limit where the winning team is the one who scores 5 flags first? I think that would be tons of fun, and would actually give people a reason to finally play CTF as it was intended!
    This + I prefer the war option with a 24 hours period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a few concerns :

1) this game shouldn't revolve around Purge, Magnum and horror. Not all guilds are capable of producing 10 players.

2) To further point #1, putting a class restriction would prevent many guilds from participating because of a lack of membership, able bodied players or a lack of players with skill and gear to compete. I think most non-pvp guilds are unable to furnish 10 players, let alone players having to fit into predetermined class restrictions.

3) If the time limit is infinite, 24 hour or something to that tune, what will happen during periods where Team A has 10 players but Team B only has 3 players? Will it becomes 10v3? Being that wagering is allowed, my concern is that the team who can keep their side filled with 10 the longest, will become the winner.

4) Is there going to be a bet limit? We all know some guilds and players can easily out muscle other guilds in terms of gold. We don't want to bankrupt people in a matter of weeks

5) Many people already complain about lag or frame skipping when there are too many people in one map. Won't 10v10 make this worse?

6) There should be a 5 minute timer at the start of each match that allows a team to forfeit, without penalty, in the event that they are unable to create a 10 man team.

7) Will there be a max damage limit per class so that lesser geared players stand a chance?

8) To add to point #7, would it be possible to scale everyone's stats down to be equivalent of the weakest over player of each class, so that it's a battle of skill and not gear?

9) My final and greatest concern is that smaller guilds will lose their members to larger pvp guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

At least 5v5 and max 15v15
    We choose it ourself the time
    Make a spectator arena, we cannot attack but can move around the map, and when we swap we chould vote who could join us in the clash, its like giving option, and we can boot other if they dc
    Dont got any question only suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    10 v 10 should not be the smallest size. Some guilds, including mine, rarely have 10 players on at any given point in time, and the 10 who would actually take part in the combat are almost never on simultaneously.
    I agree. There should be some limitation on it so that we don't end up with a bunch of merged guilds just joining up so they can outnumber and overpower any smaller guilds.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.