Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek: Guild Battlegrounds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I recommend option to choose versus number of players for each team (team of 4 / 6/ 8 players )if condition not met the battle will not proceed and a countdown timer and cancel the battle.

Allowing guild's allies to join the battle will ease the issue for smaller guilds with low number of members to join their counterpart.
    Last edited by will0; 08-04-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

This is exactly what we have been looking forward to!
    GUILD WARS
    There will obviously be a lot of drama related to this so here are my suggestions:
    1. Keep the smallest size to 6v6 and then 9v9, 12v12 and 15v15
    Why these numbers? As everyone else suggested class restrictions is something which is necessary for this idea to be a success.
    2. A gold fee is fine but i dont think platinum would be a good idea. Not every guild leader will have platinum in their accounts and the other guild members also cannot transfer platinum to the guild leader
    3. Leave the selection of the members to the guild leader! We trust our guild leaders that much dont we?
    4. In order to avoid dummy farming keep the minimum time to 1 hour. I mean this is a guild war, small clashes would just be like TDM imo.
    5. Make it possible for the team members to leave for a short time and rejoin the game

Other remarkable points :

1. Absolutely loved melthyz idea of letting the public make the wager, i know this might be difficult to implement but if it becomes possible it would be awesome

2. Also loved zeus's idea for introducing sets which can only be used for guild wars!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Can there be some tower defense type of game? Instead of number of kills contributing to total score. I think this could make things fairer amongst the classes. Rogues are squishier hence they die alot faster but they deal more damage to single targets than the other two classes. Thus they would be more in demand than in a typical CTF or TDM clash. A full tank party in a tower defense game would not work as they would take too long to bring down the opposing team's tower. A mage being fairly balanced in offence and defence would also be useful on both defending their own tower and assaulting the opposing tower. Then the map should have limited mana recovery spots so that mages have to heal their teammates so that they can dish out more damage to the towers without having to wait for mana recovery.

Maybe this idea isn't the best, but I feel it would bring more balance to the classes in a guild war in the current situation where the classes are not balanced in CTF and TDM. You have to create a unique environment with new objectives so that players will focus on something other than just killing the other team over and over again. I feel that would make PvP more fun, at least for me.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

getting strong on the gambling aspect...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    Then your going to get the guilds that throw up huge wagers..example. <derpguildA> puts up a wager of eleventy billion gold.....
    That's a lot of gold! LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That's a lot of gold! LOL
    Yes it is for some of us

..but that's zeus's potion budget for the week

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just a few things please
    1. EQUAL GEAR FOR ALL
    2. NO KDR
    3. LIMITED PETS(2-3 arcane,2-3 myth....)
    PLEASE IM EXCITED
    IAPIZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bira View Post
    I have a few concerns :

1) this game shouldn't revolve around Purge, Magnum and horror. Not all guilds are capable of producing 10 players.

2) To further point #1, putting a class restriction would prevent many guilds from participating because of a lack of membership, able bodied players or a lack of players with skill and gear to compete. I think most non-pvp guilds are unable to furnish 10 players, let alone players having to fit into predetermined class restrictions.

3) If the time limit is infinite, 24 hour or something to that tune, what will happen during periods where Team A has 10 players but Team B only has 3 players? Will it becomes 10v3? Being that wagering is allowed, my concern is that the team who can keep their side filled with 10 the longest, will become the winner.

4) Is there going to be a bet limit? We all know some guilds and players can easily out muscle other guilds in terms of gold. We don't want to bankrupt people in a matter of weeks

5) Many people already complain about lag or frame skipping when there are too many people in one map. Won't 10v10 make this worse?

6) There should be a 5 minute timer at the start of each match that allows a team to forfeit, without penalty, in the event that they are unable to create a 10 man team.

7) Will there be a max damage limit per class so that lesser geared players stand a chance?

8) To add to point #7, would it be possible to scale everyone's stats down to be equivalent of the weakest over player of each class, so that it's a battle of skill and not gear?

9) My final and greatest concern is that smaller guilds will lose their members to larger pvp guilds.
    1). The game has had many PvE additions which didn't seem to revolve around PvE specific guilds like Elite Runners etc. There should be a minimum player capacity of somewhere around 6 vs 6.

2). Not having a class restriction will just leave more room for drama and class buffing/nerfing (some of the problems PvP is currently suffering from). If you don't meet the requirements for a guild war...there is still regular PvP.

3). Apparently guild A should only join when they have enough players to go against guild B at any point during the war.

4). There may or may not be. I don't think it would really matter if there wasn't.

5). G pointed out 10 vs 10 so this should be a possibility without lag or frame skipping.

6). Both guilds should have their players ready before going to war.

7). People spend millions on gear for a reason.

8). People spend millions on gear for a reason.

9). If a guild is good at a specific aspect of the game, its only logical that they will be more desirable. (E.g. Just like a weapon that is really good for PvE).
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-04-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

class restriction - agree
    Guild battleground ranking - agree
    Time limit - an hour is already long. Maybe 15-30 mins is fine. Battle should not only be based on number of kills. Should be other options to win a battle using strategy. Kills can only determine winner when time expires when other options are not achieved. Just my suggestion.

PunknRolla!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Skypain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think u need to add some option like allowing guildmate/friend/random guy to join clash.

And the reward i think will be good if not just plat, but gold too.

For the time option, i suggest short15min/medium30min/long1hour.

I agree with class restriction, and maybe pet restriction? Haha or even no pet option would be good.

I think not only the guild master that can be accept challenge, pls let officer/alt gm do as well. So we can do clash even our master not online.

Last, i have idea system to stop/pause the clash while 1-2 char got DC eventually. So ganging will not happen.

Thanks

-Topsorc

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is to keep things simple. Your guild leader should be trusted enough to distribute proceeds.

As to when, the answer is not tomorrow, not next week, but asap. My GUESS is in a month or so.
    Only problem is you can't distribute plat, can you? Can you gift plat? (I'm noob so idk)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

just don't add kdr for it so every player no matter how good is in pvp can enjoy it without fear of bad kdr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bira View Post
    I have a few concerns :

1) this game shouldn't revolve around Purge, Magnum and horror. Not all guilds are capable of producing 10 players.

2) To further point #1, putting a class restriction would prevent many guilds from participating because of a lack of membership, able bodied players or a lack of players with skill and gear to compete. I think most non-pvp guilds are unable to furnish 10 players, let alone players having to fit into predetermined class restrictions.

3) If the time limit is infinite, 24 hour or something to that tune, what will happen during periods where Team A has 10 players but Team B only has 3 players? Will it becomes 10v3? Being that wagering is allowed, my concern is that the team who can keep their side filled with 10 the longest, will become the winner.

4) Is there going to be a bet limit? We all know some guilds and players can easily out muscle other guilds in terms of gold. We don't want to bankrupt people in a matter of weeks

5) Many people already complain about lag or frame skipping when there are too many people in one map. Won't 10v10 make this worse?

6) There should be a 5 minute timer at the start of each match that allows a team to forfeit, without penalty, in the event that they are unable to create a 10 man team.

7) Will there be a max damage limit per class so that lesser geared players stand a chance?

8) To add to point #7, would it be possible to scale everyone's stats down to be equivalent of the weakest over player of each class, so that it's a battle of skill and not gear?

9) My final and greatest concern is that smaller guilds will lose their members to larger pvp guilds.
    Class restrictions would bear no effect on this because it can start as a 5v5 and increase later. The only reason one wouldn't want class restrictions in a guild war where bets are being placed is because they plan to abuse class balance themselves. It's not like random pvp, where putting class restrictions would stop games.

It's an organized match, so players have plenty of time to come up with classes. If the system can't be fair and impartial for class balance then there's no point in this system. In fact, this will encourage guilds to have all classes in their guilds - not just warriors and mages.

The whole point of guild wars is to show who's strongest, no? That's why there's a scaling mechanism in place for guild wars.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-04-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I would be happy if arranged matches do nothing more than stop blocking.
    My concerns:
    1) No to class restrictions. This is war, so if <Tanks R Us> wants war then thats their choice and we have the option to accept the challenge or not. STS has been addressing balancing issues in the recent updates, so I don't want to downplay their efforts.
    2) Wagers. To avoid unnecessary drama, I suggest rolling out this feature at a later date and only if guild wars is a flop without it.
    3) Size. I think 5v5 is a good starting point. However, even with 5v5 we will see many smaller guilds disbanding just to war, which is sad.
    4) Skills. Will skills need to be adjusted to handle more than 5 targets?
    5) Damage. Will damage from players and pets need to be lowered in bigger wars? 10x arcane pet AA can wipe out an entire team.

Thanks,

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Loving all the feedback so far everyone. A few more points for clarification based on what I'm reading:

1) Wagers between guilds will only be in gold. Guilds will not be allowed to wager Platinum against each other. Our reference to platinum in wagers is that Guild Leaders will have to pay platinum in order to wager gold. Battlegrounds no gold wager can be completed with no platinum cost.
    2) Dummy farming will not be an issue with Battlegrounds because there is no planned leaderboard associated with Battlegrounds (for this exact reason), and because no new gold is being given to players. The gold wagered and rewarded comes from the Guild Leaders, so if you were to Dummy Farm another guild, it's really just a roundabout way of trading =P.
    3) There is no intent for a maximum wager, but remember that both guilds have to agree to the wager. If a guild challenges you to a 10million gold battle and you can't afford that, you just don't have to accept the battle.
    4) Because there is no choosing of side, blocking should not be a problem. The only way to block in this case would be if a member of your own guild is blocking. Hopefully in which case they'll receive a swift guildkick
    Last edited by Justg; 08-04-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Loving all the feedback so far everyone. A few more points for clarification based on what I'm reading:

1) Wagers between guilds will only be in gold. Guilds will not be allowed to wager Platinum against each other. Our reference to platinum in wagers is that Guild Leaders will have to pay platinum in order to wager gold. Battlegrounds no gold wager can be completed with no platinum cost.
    2) Dummy farming will not be an issue with Battlegrounds because there is no planned leaderboard associated with Battlegrounds (for this exact reason), and because no new gold is being given to players. The gold wagered and rewarded comes from the Guild Leaders, so if you were to Dummy Farm another guild, it's really just a roundabout way of trading =P.
    3) There is no intent for a maximum wager, but remember that both guilds have to agree to the wager. If a guild challenges you to a 10million gold battle and you can't afford that, you just don't have to accept the battle.
    4) Because there is no choosing of side, blocking should not be a problem. The only way to block in this case would be if a member of your own guild is blocking. Hopefully in which case they'll receive a swift guildkick
    This is good, thanks.

Now, can we know the stance of the developers on introducing a class restriction (max of ? of each class) in this feature?

It could really make or break this awesome feature.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-04-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

AL is somehow getting better and better. Thank you G!

- How much time would you folks like to skirmish for? 15 minutes? 1 hour? 24 hours?
    A match should last 3 rounds, 15s mins each round.

- How large would you like these instances to be? 10v10? As big as possible? Variable?
    6 vs 6

- If an Arena is full with 10 players on each side, would you prefer a second Arena be created where more players can join to fight, or to keep all fighting to the single Arena?
    Second Arena

- What other questions and concerns do you have?
    My suggestion is to implement class restriction ( not more than 2 of each class in a 6vs6 guild war). Reward/score for wins should be shared by all the guild members involved in that clash. Wins should be based on whichever guild scored most kills in the limited time-span.

- What members of the guild should be allowed to participate in the Battleground?
    Any regardless of role.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 08-04-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

Since there is wagers then it should be as fair as possible, which means there should be class restrictions, I'd say that 9vs9 the max while 6vs6 is the least, there should be an option to pick how long/ and how many, there should be class restriction though, or else class stacking between tanks and mages will definitely be the best
    Just an idea make it 6vs6 the least with 2 of each class, and 9vs9 the max with 3 each class since we are wagering then the teams should be the same to it is fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

maybe the option to hire at most 1 mercenary (someone not in the guild)?
    Last edited by Potato is me; 08-04-2016 at 08:21 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default PTY much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    Weren't we trying to avoid this path lol.
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't