Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek: Guild Battlegrounds!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternyl View Post
    9v9, 12v12, & 15v15 is good. And instead of or maybe in addition to class restrictions, you could include a maximum # of a certain class. Limiting skirmishes to 2 or 3 warriors per team would be good. A map full of lava spouts from 10 warriors with glintstone set isn't fun for anyone.

Also, I would like my guild kdr tracked of course ^_^
    Warriors are not the main issue, they can be combated. It's the fact that sorcerer stacks remove the need for a rogue.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Warriors are not the main issue, they can be combated. It's the fact that sorcerer stacks remove the need for a rogue.
    I was thinking that how a clash without rogue, i think its took alot of time. In my brackets nearly all clash always use 1-2 rogue instead of mage, in my brackets mage only a supporter as they should do.

In my opinion if they stack mage at same time they got unlimited mana, but try to counter it using 2 war 1 rog 1 mage squad, its much better than 1 war 3 mage, me myself only use 3 mage 1 war if clash againts 4 warr, since there was alot of heal in them rogue aim wont hurt so much so i think wwe need stun

I usually run with 2 mage(i was one of them) and 2 rog since it was the fastest way to kill an enemy in clash without war

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    I was thinking that how a clash without rogue, i think its took alot of time. In my brackets nearly all clash always use 1-2 rogue instead of mage, in my brackets mage only a supporter as they should do.

In my opinion if they stack mage at same time they got unlimited mana, but try to counter it using 2 war 1 rog 1 mage squad, its much better than 1 war 3 mage, me myself only use 3 mage 1 war if clash againts 4 warr, since there was alot of heal in them rogue aim wont hurt so much so i think wwe need stun

I usually run with 2 mage(i was one of them) and 2 rog since it was the fastest way to kill an enemy in clash without war
    It doesn't work, at end game, sorcerers do a lot more than just support. They also do a lot of damage. Trust me, I've tried every strategy in the book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Am i the only one who thinks it is a tad unfair for the guild leader to get all of rewards? They should at least get the chance to split it with guildies if they want, right?

Also, when is this coming out? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? 3 years from now?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oaheuzihar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks it is a tad unfair for the guild leader to get all of rewards? They should at least get the chance to split it with guildies if they want, right?

Also, when is this coming out? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? 3 years from now?
    This is to keep things simple. Your guild leader should be trusted enough to distribute proceeds.

As to when, the answer is not tomorrow, not next week, but asap. My GUESS is in a month or so.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is to keep things simple. Your guild leader should be trusted enough to distribute proceeds.

As to when, the answer is not tomorrow, not next week, but asap. My GUESS is in a month or so.
    Does everyone in the battleground clash contribute to the prize fund or does it come straight from the GM's pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Does everyone in the battleground clash contribute to the prize fund or does it come straight from the GM's pocket.
    The Guild Leader will need the coin on their character to challenge/ accept but there is no reaon he could not collect from members beforehand. It will be up to the guild how to handle fees and payouts.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

The Guild Leader will need the coin on their character to challenge/ accept but there is no reaon he could not collect from members beforehand. It will be up to the guild how to handle fees and payouts.
    is there not a platinum fee associated with the wager?
    instead of using platinum. . use another token system which can be bought with platinum and made tradable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oaheuzihar View Post

Leader is the one most trusted man,he splits it after, don't worry about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

AL is somehow getting better and better. Thank you G!

- How much time would you folks like to skirmish for? 15 minutes? 1 hour? 24 hours?
    A match should last 3 rounds, 15s mins each round.

- How large would you like these instances to be? 10v10? As big as possible? Variable?
    6 vs 6

- If an Arena is full with 10 players on each side, would you prefer a second Arena be created where more players can join to fight, or to keep all fighting to the single Arena?
    Second Arena

- What other questions and concerns do you have?
    My suggestion is to implement class restriction ( not more than 2 of each class in a 6vs6 guild war). Reward/score for wins should be shared by all the guild members involved in that clash. Wins should be based on whichever guild scored most kills in the limited time-span.

- What members of the guild should be allowed to participate in the Battleground?
    Any regardless of role.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 08-04-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Love the idea of a guild battle been waiting for this for a long time but I don't agree on paying plat to wager a small gold fee im a guild master so I can understand but what if u dont buy plat or the free plat offers dont work for u? What if u had no plat could u pay extra gold instead of the plat fee? I buy plat maybe once a month and I use all if it to merch items or deeds

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We are mid-way in development on this, so the timing is great for feedback.

What duration clashes are you guys interested in?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

We are mid-way in development on this, so the timing is great for feedback.

What duration clashes are you guys interested in?
    My points are:

A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    One specific battle rather than a war would be better, IMO but that's just my opinion.

Is there any official response on class restriction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches
    We have nothing against small skirmishes! Our initial thought was to give players choices of smaller Battlegrounds (1 hour or less) and all the way up to very long Battlegrounds (12 hours for example) so that guilds who have members from various timezones can still let their members participate in the overall Battleground.

It may be important to note that we plan for Battlegrounds to more closely resemble the current PvP TDM as opposed to Duels. Once the Battleground has been accepted, the Arena opens. The Arena will initially be empty, players from each guild will have to join the Arena to begin fighting. The Arena will remain open for the entire duration of the Battleground, and will allow players to come and go as they please. Guilds will not be penalized if they do not have 10 members inside of the Arena, so there is no penalty for having your guild take a break, or waiting until you have 10 members online to enter. That level of coordination would be up to the competing guilds.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Maybe if more players then time in arena is longer? Or we can pick up time that we are playing? I was thinking more like 5v5 will be 30 mins. 10vs10 60 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

My points are:

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    question about C)
    How much need cost pack in your opinion?
    Will it be tradeable so non-plat players can use this as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default PTY much?

Weren't we trying to avoid this path lol.
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't