Thread: Elite Map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elite Map

Suggestion of an ELITE map like the map in PL where you cannot use potions ( in this case stims ) I feel this would bring out the best in players and actually make the game more class orientated and require groups to be structured in the tank / healer / dpser fashion as this great game should be. And the rewards at the bosses could be ie: vanity drops, pinks and highly sort after recipes with a higher drop rate %. Now that would be sweet.
    It wouldnt require as much programming as creating a new map and i believe would keep us entertained for hours and build strong group friendships.
    Anyway just an idea which looks like it was forgotten,not sure if its been mentioned or suggested before. Sorry if it has but i couldn't find any posts regarding this topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I don't think it would be as much of a test as you think. With a competent engi you'll usually not use stims anyway. Still, new content is always welcomed, and increased drops on quality gear would be, as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well an engi getting one shotted by a flying spotlight may change how u feel about not hard enough. and commandos actually having to lead an assault rather then having a op tank a boss would be more realistic. Hows getting one shottedby a sandag feel. harder the better imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I think it'd be fun and like Frozen Nightmares before the nerf. And FN wasn't easy even with a good Mage. Hmmmm....they'd have to make the SL version even harder, though; Engie's mana use/regen is much lower and higher respectively than it is for Mages in PL.....hmmmm.....

(Hey! Whaddya mean "...rather then having a op tank a boss would be more realistic..."???!?? I seem to recall the two of us tanking our birds pretty hard....)
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-20-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typoooooooo
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Look at the "Elite" stuff on PL. Full of people upon release and end up abandoned and desolated. I say make more content and don't loose time designing elite maps because on the long run no one plays them.

(I like your idea but am afraid it would end up being one of those un-played cool maps...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I don't know, Stomp ; I think it could work in SL. FN was tough and people got in the habit of tra-la-laing thru levels without having to worry about things like teamwork or thinking too much. Sewers required more teamwork, but by then FN had already been nerfed. :/ And a lot of folks never bought FN because it wasn't needed to play "normally" (as was right and proper since it was an "elite", bonus, extra area). I still think it'd be fun, but I thought pre-nerf FN was fun, I'm mildly insane and I like a good challenge, so most people's mileage may vary.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm