Thread: Lack of information about what the goals should be(for new players)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Lack of information about what the goals should be(for new players)

Hello! I'm a new players. (14-15 days) I really like this game and I have no idea how I didn't find it earlier.

I've been on the forum since the day I started playing and even though I found many helpful information most I found was outdated.(And its kinda feels bad when you try something that does not work for hours haha)

What I'm saying is I'm lucky I found a guild that helps me about anything I ask but I believe there should be tons of people who don't know what to do. It looks like there was so many guides around 2013-2014 but today only way to find valuable information is to read all the new comments! So I decided to make a thread which includes everything a new players needs to know, needs to want and needs to expect. But since I know absolutely NOTHING it is impossible for me to do it on my own!

So here is my list of things I want to know(I don't know if it is possible to edit this post later but if it is please tell me to add other things and as you guys add information I will fill under every topic.):

1) What is the total experience needed for level 56?
    2) What is the importance of reaching level cap?
    3) How to earn gold? What do I need to earn it? Is the best way merching or farming? If merching, what should I be selling or buying at what budget? (For example I buy locks for 6-6.5k, craft them to massive and sell which makes about 4-5k profit per mass cryo lock) If farming what do I need for it? Can low level or middle levels like 46 can farm efficiently too?
    4) Does pets affect gameplay significantly? What pets are good for different budgets? How does combining different pets work and is combining necessary?
    5) Is this game a small capitalist world? I mean do I work for rich people by farming locks for them to open and sell me what came out much more expensive? (Am I a mine worker in this game?)

I'll add more when I have time. Thank you very much for reading!(And I hope for helping!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Lack of information about what the goals should be(for new players)

While players may be new to the game, there's hardly a player that never was confronted with doing research on a forum. There are sections and answers for all of your questions. Mixing answers together from a searchable structure into your thread will most likely help noone finding his answers as they surely will not search for your subject.

Edit: There is the section AL new players as a landing zone. Links to the best guides should be collected there.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 08-03-2016 at 04:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

My Opinion: explore the world, do quests, meet people, play with or against people. Sub-goals: equips, leveling, pets, events, collecting stuff, housing.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teasajah View Post
    5) Is this game a small capitalist world? I mean do I work for rich people by farming locks for them to open and sell me what came out much more expensive? (Am I a mine worker in this game?)
    I think you understand this game very well LOL.....

All joking aside, yes it is easier to make gold once you have a lot of gold. So yes, the rich players/merchants do have influence over the economy, but nowhere near as much as they used to in the early days of AL.

I can remember a time when a certain rogue (who no longer plays the game) had the market on mythic and arcane items pretty much cornered. But in recent seasons, the rarity of mythic and arcane items has gone way down, and so they have become pretty common. With that, the ability for any one player to influence the market has dropped as well. So yes, those who open the locked crates do tend to try to sell the items at a profit. But there are so many opening locked crates these days, and so many mythic and arcane items being looted, that the price pretty much settles into what the market will accept.

I used to be a big merchant back in seasons 3-5 (during 2013-2014), but these days the market just seems too volatile for me, and the number of new items constantly being added to the game causes these huge price fluctuations. In the early seasons of AL, you could pretty much count on no new items being added mid-season, so items that were considered "the best" would be the best until the next expansion. Now with these events happening every couple of months, you just never know when an item will be rendered worthless. So being a merchant is very risky.

These days, I tend to earn gold from doing daily quests and events. Also jewel farming (if you know which dungeons to farm in) can be a good money maker. But none of these are going to get you rich in a hurry, but they will make you some nice amounts of gold over time. If you are more of a risk taker, then you could go to end-game and try farming Underhul elite dungeons. There are some items you can loot there that will sell for millions. However, you are going to spend a good amount on potions, add lots of deaths to your stats, and the chance of looting a rare item is very low (which is why they are worth so much). For me, I prefer the steady amount I get from my daily quests and smaller farming. And I like to keep a decent KDR.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Most things you learn and adapt as you play and having friends/guilds helps keep you in the loop in what's good to farm, events and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

You're gonna have to go through it like everyone else to learn, sadly. You're gonna fall, lose gold, make gold, accidentally buy Flounder for 74k cuz you thought it was rare... Trust me, we were all at your point.
    The best way to learn this game is to learn it naturally, it took me a month to find watchers tombs lol..
    And making gold in this game isnt easy by any chance, patience is key, espescially at this point in the game, I recommend just farming locks and seeing how that goes for you.
    As for incentives, people play this game for different goals to achieve, one of my friends quit the game right after he worked his way up to warmonger and green arlor set. Another friend of mine has been playing for 2 years and still doesnt have a nekro
    My reccomendation is just playing, and finding out what interests you through the game, and build on that

PS: your gonna get frustrated in this game, a lot

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Keep running lost mage's mine until your fingers fall off, maybe you'll get lucky and get an arcane chest, or be without fingers...