Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neon Genesis is actually a really cool guild :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Neon Genesis is actually a really cool guild :)

It seems as though Neon Genesis has gone under the sniper scopes of some new forum posters. Truth is, Neon Genesis is the best guild I have ever been in, and not once have seen any rude or hate driven behavior in our guild.

Here are reason why I love this guild:
    1. Egofury gives everyone the best gear available. He sets up occasional guild meetings and hands out to everyone sandstorm gear!
    2. We are now on the leader boards because the majority of our high levels now have the best gear and we are constantly trying our best to improve.
    3. We help our our new guildies by plowing through levels with our higher leveled alts, allowing us to reach higher levels faster.
    4. We talk a lot in guild chat and everybody is really nice (and funny too

I have been in Neon Genesis since its baby days and I have seen it grow into one of the best guilds in the game. Not once have I seen Egofury be rude to ANYBODY in other guilds, nor has anybody else in the guild heard of him taking any negative actions towards other guilds.

Oh and Neon Genesis has only gone through 1 guild clean up, and only those that were not on in the past week or so and were still less than level 10 were removed. It was obvious they were not coming back.

So guys I ask you to think twice about people's accusation on this forum, and don't be afraid to ask if you can join, as Ego added me when I was only a level 3 (while he and his other officers were around 23).

If you have any questions about our guild, feel free to ask!
    Boomsteak - Commando - Lv 35 <Sparkling Pwnies>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hey

I'm in this guild both level 25

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a level 25 commando everyone helps everyone level up and get gear
    Last edited by wowistillneedaname; 09-11-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I dont believe it dont worry

I'm just here trying to clear the air and answer any questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default help

I've actually been Trying to get in this guild. Just don't know who to talk too. I'm sure all the people talking poop are just haters. But please may I join? My IGN is GhostFusion in SL. Pls my guild I'm in now is very inactive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TitanFusion View Post
    I've actually been Trying to get in this guild. Just don't know who to talk too. I'm sure all the people talking poop are just haters. But please may I join? My IGN is GhostFusion in SL. Pls my guild I'm in now is very inactive.
    Youre gona wanna talk to egofury. Or I can ask him for you. What's your level? Remember the higher it is the better chance youll be added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by longsteak View Post
    Youre gona wanna talk to egofury. Or I can ask him for you. What's your level? Remember the higher it is the better chance youll be added
    2 exp to 18.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default hi

I'v played countless mmo's , been officers of great guild, led successful end game content as a guild leader, during my hardcore years.

From ultima online and everquest -> WOW( top 10 world wide guild "Vis Maior" in end game content as an officer and a rogue leader ) .

Now as a casual player I decide to be a follower as a star legend player. From all the leaders and officers I have met; Egofury takes the cake. Extreme kindness, generosity and Commitment are why loyalty follows.

Example like above post:
    He promised gear once 25 and he delivered.

That's not all, he didn't take credit for the gear.

From his word.

"don't thank me, thank the guild for their donation" - Egofury

He invited me as a lowby, a noob. I left my previous guild for they ignored my presence due to my level. No welcome, no hi.

I'm only loyal to people who are loyal back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I haven't seen Egofury in a while, I need to contact him. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I joined neon genesis at about lvl 21 and had no idea about the gear or nothing I wanted my brother to join the guild and asked for help about it I guess I didn't know who I had to ask about getting my brother to join so I left not even 1 minute after I left egofury asked me why I left as soon as I explained the situation he asked me if I wanted back in that myself and my brother were more than welcome to join again I told him I would think about it after a day I asked him if we could join and he sent us both requests and like I said earlier I did not know about the gear but as soon as I hit lvl 25 he gave me great gear thanks in whole to the members neon genesis is by far the best guild I've ever been in and egofury never hounded me or my brother jacevanguard our loyaltie is assured WE ARE THE NEON GENESIS EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

egofury/egobane is a good role model for me cus i own a guild and i have to watch over 28 ppl

SL Characters: Blakout Lvl 25 commando | Kaosbane lvl 17 operative | Kaosreaper lvl 10 engineer
    PL Characters: Kaotiik Lvl 20 archer | Chaosdood lvl 18 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Egofury has leadership capabilities. From my experience, you must learn to deal with the media, such as the community of SL. What I like to call the... "haterz" Z for the zing. ^_^ Anyways, overall SL is a awesome community to just enjoy, relax, and have fun. Please do note that, not only adults play PL,SL these mobile MMO'S go from 3-70ish (Let's hope not eighty and beyond..) Anyways, why spread hate towards NG? It doesn't do any good for anyone. It just causes fore flaming, and we all know the world could go on and on with flaming.

NG focuses on:
    -Mature players
    -Relaxing, calm, peaceful play
    -Respectful members
    -Originazation
    -Loyalty
    -and just play enjoyment for all members
    -Most of all, being productive

These attributes focuses on "being productive"
    Benifitting any NG member

And note: I am not a NG member, though I do believe NG has other excell qualities,that other guilds need to improve on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I have nothing against Neon Genesis per se, but I thought it was a little annoying when Egofury was spamming me with guild invites every 5 seconds. Inviting everyone you see doesn't seem to be the best way to build a guild, but hey, what do I know. If the guild members are happy and having a good time, that's about all that really matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I have nothing against Neon Genesis per se, but I thought it was a little annoying when Egofury was spamming me with guild invites every 5 seconds. Inviting everyone you see doesn't seem to be the best way to build a guild, but hey, what do I know. If the guild members are happy and having a good time, that's about all that really matters.
    Only through awareness can one differentiate between fact and opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

2 exp to 18.
    Ego was busy today, I think he had to cook or something haha. I'll let him know about you next time i see him online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen a lot if NG members running around in SL and wondered how good a guild it is. My main: Psionic, a level 25 Engi (with full Sunwalker set I might add ) is in The Galactic Peacekeepers. I like our leader Skabac as well as the senior officers but I'm considering feeling out other guilds with my alt: Cybernator, level 12 Commando. Sounds like I'll have to give NG a try!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you read this thread it is obvious that many of the comments are from people who wish to harm the recent growth of NG. There are a lot of exaggerated claims that are used to do this. These claims also seem to be backed by other resonate alarmist reactions about guild ethics and what not.

I will share with you my experience being in this guild.

I was recruited into the guild at lvl 15 when I randomly joined a guild run of theirs. I received a tell that read, "Are you interested in joining a guild?" Nobody begged me to join. I said that I wasn't sure and I was told that they were very active and helped their members, so I accepted. Neon Genesis was my first guild in SL, however I've been in many guilds on other MMO's.

When I joined NG, they were not on the leader board and I didn't think I would end up staying there because I was really looking for a larger and more organized guild. I thought that I would level up and then probably leave. I didn't really plan that but from previous experience, small guilds just aren't interesting to me. As I leveled up, I found the personality of the guild to be quite enjoyable. People constantly worked together, shared gears and the higher level members had a priority on helping lower levels grow up. Before I knew it I hit 25 and we had about 20 max level characters. By the time I hit 26 we were 5th on the leader board and only 5th for commandos. I started an alt to play when not many members were online. By the time this character hit 25 (4 days later) we were 3rd overall on the leader board... That was last week and as you can see we are growing even faster. It's no surprise to me that as we are climbing into 2nd place that this thread is created.

To attest the character of egofury I will say this. He is committed and provides everything he can to his members. He has created a guild from new players that didn't even know how to play the game. He has created a guild amidst young players that lacked maturity. He has created a guild that despite any drama contains players that stick together and help each other but that also welcome anyone to the guild. When a member joins they are greeted by everyone and immediately receive help, either by leveling or donating gear.

The mass booting that mentioned in this thread is true too (never more than 10 members which is nothing considering we have 400+). However, the mass booting was of members who were less than level 10 and whom I have never seen online since joining. I have seen at least 5 active players who were booted from the guild. They all deserved it unfortunately. These people didn't understand the basic rules of a guild. Keep your drama private, don't spam the guild chat with your complaints and always carry maturity and respect within the guild and it's members. The people who were kicked were just downright annoying. The people who left on a bad note just don't understand how guilds really work or how unrealistic their expectations were. You can't expect to be constantly receiving attention when there are over 400 members in a guild. As well you can't assume that you are going to be an officer.

Ego does not promote officers so easily. First of all the officers NG has now almost never asked for the title. Ego selects his officers by observing key players who are mature, responsible and helpful members of the guild. That is still not enough, he then turns to his other officers and asks for consensus on the idea of promoting a member to the title. NG is a democratic guild not some tyranny and definitely not a fraudulent one.

About Ego exploring other guilds. As far as I know, this is true. However, it wasn't to infiltrate and "steal" members. He disbanded from NG for one afternoon, right when the update came out for PL. A lot of people were MIA on SL and obviously playing PL to check up the latest update. When he came back, he said that most guilds had been pretty quiet and that our guild seemed to be the most active... Of course we are one of the most active we are growing fast on the leader board... I imagine that he probably did talk to some players about our guild and why not invite them, our guild is kickass. However, he said that no one showed any interest to leave their guilds. He didn't come back to say damn guys I couldn't "steal" any members. NG is growing on it's own because it is a cool guild, we don't need to steal any members and we never have. A lot of our recruiting comes from friendships... And mostly recruiting comes from current members who want their other friends to be part of this guild. Why? Because this guild is actually working together and it is a lot of fun.

When people have left NG, the only comment posted in guild chat is, "they'll be back." They often do come back too, because our guild is pretty freaking awesome.

Defy, I respect you but you are crossing a line to come on here just to bash ego while other sore losers try to talk sh!t about him... Who cares about your guild and its members? Nobody is trying to break up your guild. You really did try to kick up a big fuss when you left and it was annoying listening to so much complaining in guild chat. However, the truth is that after you left guild chat was more enjoyable. I don't think you expected NG to grow so fast and I think you also expected members of NG to follow you. However, they didn't and that is because you were wrong about ego. I hope you are enjoying your new guild, I heard it's pretty good. Stop trashing Ego and get on with enjoying the game.

Anyone else unsure what to think about this thread. Think about it, a guild grows fast, of course people are going to try to defame the guild and its leader. No one even questions the originator of this thread and their motivations for starting it. Everyone easily jumps on the opportunity to put down a strong guild that threatens to be better than their own.

Yes, I just joined this forum to write this... that is because this thread is just that ridiculous and I don't think it's a fair testament to ego's character at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This guild does rock.. ROCK \,,/ >_< \,,/ ON!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tinkertanker, btw...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, I like and believe what you guys say about your guild. I'm new to SL (old player to PL) and I'm a causal player. I have a lvl 15 commando I'm working on and I would like to join your guild. Caberow is my IGN. So if you see me in game I would like a invite if you will have me. If your wondering what type of person I am (as in worthy to join you guild) you can read my old posts on the forums to get a feel for what kind of person I am. IMO forums posts tell a lot about what type of a person someone is.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL