Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The world is a crazy place: Drunken Moose Stuck in an Apple Tree

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default The world is a crazy place: Drunken Moose Stuck in an Apple Tree

From CNN World News

Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...drunken.moose/

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

"I saw something really big up in a tree," Per Johansson says, "and it was a moose"
    A rescue team uses a winch to bring the moose down
    Fermenting apples led to intoxication, a rescue official says

(CNN) -- It was a dark, windy and rainy night when Per Johansson returned from work to his home in Saro just south of Gothenburg, Sweden.

"It was raining really bad. In the wind I heard something screaming with a very dark voice," Johansson told CNN. "At first I wondered if it was the crazy neighbors, but then I heard it again and went and checked. I saw something really big up in a tree in my neighbors' yard and it was a moose. It must have been drunk after eating fermented apples and as it was reaching out for more fruit it must have slipped and fallen into the tree."

Johansson called the local fire and rescue department, which responded with a fire engine and a jeep with a winch.

"We got the alarm at 9.59 p.m. on September 6 that a moose was stuck in a tree," said Anders Gardhagen, spokesman at the Gothenburg Fire and Rescue Services.

"When we arrived we used the winch to bend down the apple tree so the moose could get himself out of the tree. Once free, the moose collapsed on the ground and fell asleep. So we let him sleep it off and went back home" Gardhagen told CNN.

"Moose are attracted by the apple trees, and in the autumn when the apples have fallen off the trees we normally have at least one of these cases of intoxication. These apples, which ferment in their bellies, aren't part of their natural food, so they can get quite angry from this drunkenness," Gardhagen said.

Johansson's son, Gustav, who is about to turn 11, made sure to take lots of pictures of the ordeal.

"He is saving up to buy a PlayStation so he thought he would take pictures that he could sell," Johansson said.

CNN purchased three of Gustav's pictures.

When dawn came the day after it was freed from the tree, the moose had not yet left.

"When I went out for the newspaper it was still laying there on the ground, sleeping. By the time I left for work it was walking around the neighbor's yard on very shaky legs." Johansson said.

"Today the moose came back and walked around the yard," he added. "I think it likes it here."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hmm.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    "When I went out for the newspaper it was still laying there on the ground, sleeping. By the time I left for work it was walking around the neighbor's yard on very shaky legs." Johansson said.

"Today the moose came back and walked around the yard," he added. "I think it likes it here."
    More "hair of the dog that bit him"!

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

An apple a day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yes its true a big accident happen here where i live and alot money and power was lost all electricity was lost for about 7 hours the cities affected by this was Los Angeles San Diego and all the way to Yuma and some other States too who are in the grid so there was alot of chaos and all the phone lines werent working like part of Verizon was down and i could not play Pocket legends. Its a big problem down here no electricity meaning no Wifi no lights no air conditioning yup big problem but power is back now thanks goodness.

Read all about it Here.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44449688/ns/us_news-life/t/power-restored-many-customers-after-massive-outage-southwest-us/
    Last edited by SUPAPRODIGY; 09-09-2011 at 02:20 PM.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

moose hugging apple tree like a boss.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Mmmm... fermented apples...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol thats pretty crazy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ok which one of you poisoned the apple?
    Proud reaper of The Dead Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

lol neat...

PROUD OFFICER OF IMMORTALS
    Let's get our Viking on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is kind of you to do that Sam thx for info you make me so happy to play pocket legends all day I love you guys and good job