Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior progression curve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Warriors are useful in PvE maps. Aegis tank, anyone?
    This is the exact thinking that will make warriors useless once the aegis damage proc output gets outdated as better more high powered weapons come out for dps classes. It kinda sucks to be honest as a warrior to not find any new weapons useful for pve and keep on depending on the old tired aegis for pve. If I did not use aegis and magma combined to be honest I am very useless in PVE currently in the new content especially with the caliber of dps players i run with. Zeus you know who they are and frankly they don't really need me if they have one good mage and all rogues in the party. Those runs are faster without me even with my mythic aegis usage. Curse mage mobs in new maps one hit all members of party regardless (including me with 6000 armor) so i ain't protecting anyone. The armor increase for mages and rogues with the new gear are pretty aggressive which makes them very tankable against most mobs and bosses. In fact mages have found a revival in usefulness in the new expansion because the new gear has advanced their damage to a point that there AOE skills along with the new high damage weapons have made there mob clearance faster than warrior with aegis. In addition their shield and along with their higher armor has allowed them to be the tank for the party.

Currently the aegis damage output curve has already leveled off making us barely useful for killing mobs in running maps. Once newer weapons come out that have very high damage output for the dps class (rogues and mages) then the aegis will be left in the dust. Then what are warriors to use to be useful in pve? Our skills and buffs aren't needed in pve. What will we do then? Yes you may say well warriors will have new weapons with higher damage as well. But look how much the new weapons (legendary) for warriors which have much higher damage does nothing for the warrior in pve. Why? because the warrior skill mechanics and natural skill damage output pales in comparison to mages and rogues. Therefore, even with new high damage weapons (legendary claymore weapons) we are still useless and depend on our mythic aegis proc.

Everyone harps on a tank should be tanking and must understand their role. I get that. I totally understand that. I totally agree with that. But there is nothing to tank in the new content. Nothing.......So why do they need us once mythic aegis is outdated?

I am not asking for increasing the damage of warriors but asking for there to be a reason for us warriors to be needed. Make it necessary for our tankyness to be required in parties. Make rogues and mages die left and right if they don't have us in a party. Currently this is not the case.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 10-27-2016 at 04:50 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    This is the exact thinking that will make warriors useless once the aegis damage proc output gets outdated as better more high powered weapons come out for dps classes. It kinda sucks to be honest as a warrior to not find any new weapons useful for pve and keep on depending on the old tired aegis for pve. If I did not use aegis and magma combined to be honest I am very useless in PVE currently in the new content especially with the caliber of dps players i run with. Zeus you know who they are and frankly they don't really need me if they have one good mage and all rogues in the party. Those runs are faster without me even with my mythic aegis usage. Curse mage mobs in new maps one hit all members of party regardless (including me with 6000 armor) so i ain't protecting anyone. The armor increase for mages and rogues with the new gear are pretty aggressive which makes them very tankable against most mobs and bosses. In fact mages have found a revival in usefulness in the new expansion because the new gear has advanced their damage to a point that there AOE skills along with the new high damage weapons have made there mob clearance faster than warrior with aegis. In addition their shield and along with their higher armor has allowed them to be the tank for the party.

Currently the aegis damage output curve has already leveled off making us barely useful for killing mobs in running maps. Once newer weapons come out that have very high damage output for the dps class (rogues and mages) then the aegis will be left in the dust. Then what are warriors to use to be useful in pve? Our skills and buffs aren't needed in pve. What will we do then? Yes you may say well warriors will have new weapons with higher damage as well. But look how much the new weapons (legendary) for warriors which have much higher damage does nothing for the warrior in pve. Why? because the warrior skill mechanics and natural skill damage output pales in comparison to mages and rogues. Therefore, even with new high damage weapons (legendary claymore weapons) we are still useless and depend on our mythic aegis proc.

Everyone harps on a tank should be tanking and must understand their role. I get that. I totally understand that. I totally agree with that. But there is nothing to tank in the new content. Nothing.......So why do they need us once mythic aegis is outdated?

I am not asking for increasing the damage of warriors but asking for there to be a reason for us warriors to be needed. Make it necessary for our tankyness to be required in parties. Make rogues and mages die left and right if they don't have us in a party. Currently this is not the case.
    Shush up and heal me xD

I don't wanna die every five seconds ....

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post

Ardbeg is correct in that the deeper levels of the Mausoleum is where this is designed to become relevant. Think of the currently accessible Mausoleum levels as 'normal mode", and floors 4+ as starting to get into "elite mode". Until that is avaialble, the addition of a tradeoff weapon allows Warriors to still farm their rank within the Order and solo mroe reasonably as they do so until a time comes when they are needed again as a tank.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com