Thread: How to overcome the BOREDOME of grinding

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb How to overcome the BOREDOME of grinding

Hello folks!

This issue have been raised several times, but I want to point it out more clearly.
    Many of us find it really boring to grind without elixirs to the top level. Some of you will say that this is part of the game mechanics and I agree with this, but I find it very frustrating to grind the same level over and over again.
    This becomes more pressing from 50 onward.
    What I suggest is to introduce some other mechanics that will let you gain experience without grinding in the main campaign levels, something like minigames for examples.

Suggestion delivered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yes, I agree. Man when 50 came, it was like wow.... Takes really long. The game is still fun for me, but man.. lol

But I actually appreciate games that take a long time to complete. Those games that I can just breeze through do a lot less for me in the long run than something that actually takes some playing time to finish.

But I have to agree, some other alternate thing to do in game would be lovely.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Indeed. I don't want to twist the game mechanics. The long time needed to get to the highest tier is good. What I find frustrating is doing over and over again the same maps. I don't want devs to give us 3-4 campaigns either.
    It would be fun IMHO to have specific survival maps (5 heroes against hordes of enemies) that grants you XP, that don't drop any pinks or valuable item. That way if you don't want to gain any experience, just disable XP gain or else "Welcome to a New world".

P.S.

Actually a glimpse of survival map are shown in the cycorp labs campaigns in SL where our heroes are litterally swarmed by the vular in multiple occasions.