Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tanks- i am bad at easy maps and bad at tanking elite jadis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default tanks- in my opinion tanks bad at easy maps and bad at tanking elite jadis

As the title say. As a tank I cant tank elite jadis and hugal. If I play a tank I am worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys.

I know about the haste set but i cant deal with it because then you have to always change to lepre at boss and warriors still kill slowly with haste set.

In my opinion they are a useless class at easy maps and useless to tank hardest maps.

Then i feel like ill sell my gears and buy mage gears because my mage is lvl 54. Mages useful everywhere not like warriors.

I hope development team will do sokething.

ps: please dont delete in the reason of too much drama
    Last edited by B.Bence; 08-09-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: this is a better tittle then the last one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

goodluck with your mage

btw i dont agreed very much with your words here

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bence View Post
    "Tanks worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys".
    cuz tank still very good in easy map like km3
    Last edited by dinzly; 08-07-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    goodluck with your mage

btw i dont agreed very much with your words here

cuz tank still very good in easy map like km3
    That's only if you can keep up with mages and rogues which more than half of them cant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

try use old aegis

5. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

True. The lvl 46 aegis better then my lvl 56 aegis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Oh man, dont say u need warrior damage buffed. Because mythic aegis does the job just right in easy-medium maps.
    Elite Hugal with his MEGA-OP axethrow and mage gnome are problems. Did devs test them at all? Who knows, maybe they made it to force tanks spend ankhs too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I don't think so tanks are bad in easy maps now with current gears. I can still agree if we were in season 7 where warriors are the least progressive class and also lack of good gears for pve.And your 2nd para, lol what do you actually want to achieve?be more specific pls.

Well likely because you lack some constructive deliverance on your own post that people tend to view it as a drama/berating thread. Don't point your fingers at the devs if it's going to be dramatic.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I am not agree with you. If tank know his role and know what to do then he/she ( girls also playing tanks) isn't useless but helpful. I do not own haste set and i can tell you this isn't needed. I don't have problem with tanking hard or easy maps without set. You need to understand role of your class. Warriors Aka Tanks are for tanking. Holding aggro, keep mobs busy and concentrated on him while rest of party can kill them without any problems. Keeping your party alive. You don't need to kill many mobs fast cause for it are rogues and mages. If you are tank and can deal massive damage on many mobs in short time but your party die every 5 seconds i don't really see point of calling it tank. Of course dealing massive damage as tank is possible by buying dragon sword and spam normal attack with skills but i can tell you it gonna be harder to keep your party alive and play role that you are if you compare it to mythic aegis which help you much more cause it taunt all enemies with proc , but that's off topic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Try to use the old aegis with Magma on easier maps. And then show me a rogue who clears these maps faster. In the hard elites don't forget your free effigy buff and the usual repertoire of stun and freeze pets on the boss. I understand every frustration on Elite Jadis, but Hugal is very doable.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As the title say. As a tank I cant tank elite jadis and hugal. If I play a tank I am worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys.

I know about the haste set but i cant deal with it because then you have to always change to lepre at boss and warriors still kill slowly with haste set.

In my opinion they are a useless class at easy maps and useless to tank hardest maps.

Then i feel like ill sell my gears and buy mage gears because my mage is lvl 54. Mages useful everywhere not like warriors.

They are supposed to be that way, its why now there are speed sets and elixers that help.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-08-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: edit OP for less drama
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I myself am a tank and a lot of the people I've played with called me an awesome tanker. a lot don't know how to use warriors that's why they seem useless not because the class is useless.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ReySolomon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Yes very true,to the OP the next time you want to complain about classes(any), do some careful analysis first, then give more evidences/facts and fair justifications.

You can't always complaining just because it doesn't suit with your favored gameplay. Ask opinion of others who are experienced if you may. Anyway, goodluck with your endgame mage. Don't end it up as you do now with your war.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReySolomon View Post
    I myself am a tank and a lot of the people I've played with called me an awesome tanker. a lot don't know how to use warriors that's why they seem useless not because the class is useless.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I use the mythic aegis and magma and I can clear mobs out like no ones business

I can solo any elite up to the underhull maps..so..(in best Brooklyn accent) how you doin!

*walks off*

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

19. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

The Underhul elites are bloody hard, and rightfully so. A good team of decently-geared, decently-skilled players who know how to time their skills and mix and match pets, will clear the Elite Forgotten Citadel map with minimal ankh usage and still put up a decent clear time. You surely weren't here in Season 1 when it took an hour to finish Elite Rooks' Nest and in Season 3 when completing Elite Skull Cove was almost as hard.

Red zones are meant to be avoided at all costs. Don't expect to be Mr Invincible and tank every hit the game can throw at you. In Elite Hugal, there are a couple ways to avoid the axe pull: either constantly move in and out of the trigger range at which Hugal decides to use the axe throw attack, or use multiple synchronised Kelvins to keep him stunned. For Elite Jadis, teams of guildies have come up with creative solutions to minimize the death from his second form's fire breathing attack. If I take it head-on it will surely kill me, but I have run that map several times with people who know what they are doing, and managed to clear it without dying once.

Like how everyone thinks Arcane items should be available to everyonr, everyone thinks that they should be able to clear the hardest elites without much difficulty. Elite difficulty should be protected, not like item rarity classification which in AL has lost its meaning.
    Last edited by Safiras; 08-07-2016 at 10:56 PM.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Your mage won't survive elite Underhul without a skilled warrior in party.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Using arc shield full mastery i have enough time to drop a clock on a group of enemy. Clock mastery has a chance to pernemantly stun enemy. Warrior without at least full antignome gear cant tank elite jadis.
    thats all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    I am not agree with you. If tank know his role and know what to do then he/she ( girls also playing tanks) isn't useless but helpful. I do not own haste set and i can tell you this isn't needed. I don't have problem with tanking hard or easy maps without set. You need to understand role of your class. Warriors Aka Tanks are for tanking. Holding aggro, keep mobs busy and concentrated on him while rest of party can kill them without any problems. Keeping your party alive. You don't need to kill many mobs fast cause for it are rogues and mages. If you are tank and can deal massive damage on many mobs in short time but your party die every 5 seconds i don't really see point of calling it tank. Of course dealing massive damage as tank is possible by buying dragon sword and spam normal attack with skills but i can tell you it gonna be harder to keep your party alive and play role that you are if you compare it to mythic aegis which help you much more cause it taunt all enemies with proc , but that's off topic.
    He is one example for good tank aka "failedheal"
    Last edited by justhell; 08-08-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

To end your rant, the best answer I can give is don't party with warriors then, or if by chance you are a warrior, then its better if you create a rogue or mage if you are one of those looking for high damage output.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-08-2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: edit OP for less drama
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Talk to good old reputed tanks with strength points more than 850 and they will help you sort out your problems. Also can read warrior guide sections and respec your build.
    We pretty good we can assure you if we could have escaped this warrior progression curve more deadly than elite jardis lol
    Python

28. The Following User Says Thank You to control For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

(No buffs except pet)
    I dont feel myself to weak but i know right i am useless againt pt1 boss/pt2 bosd
    elite twins-hugal-jadis boss.
    im useless in maps like elite bael to farm malison
    Then where am i good? Only in elite pve, but only in nord to glintstone.
    I feel myself so useless.. i dont want to be a damage dealer but a real tank that dont die immediately by the red zone of the bosses i said above.
    Attached Images Attached Images