Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    There is truth in that INT helps for damage, but the amount may be smaller than you might think.

I did a quick calculation using these values:
    Rogue 1: 200 STR 700 DEX 400 INT.
    HP from stats = ~6100.
    Equipped Weapon: Immortal Corruption Bow
    Ability used: Aimed Shot, uncharged

Rogue 2: 400 STR 700 DEX 200 INT.
    HP from stats = ~7100.
    Equipped Weapon: Immortal Corruption Bow
    Ability used: Aimed Shot, uncharged

Using these values this 200 INT, after all formulas apply, comes out to about 95 damage on an uncharged Aimed Shot (~240 damage on an improved crit). This 95 or 240 damage difference does not scale with the damage of Aimed Shot, meaning if I add more DEX or more damage, the difference will still be 95 or 240 (the Rogues in my example would be firing an Aimed Shot doing ~5000+ damage). This means for these example Rogues, you can gain 1000 health while only losing ~240 damage off an Aimed Shot crit.

Right now of course Rogues cannot do this because 200 INT means 2000 mana and losing 2000 mana means you only get a few Aimed Shots before you have no mana left.

The thought here would be: What if Rogue skills only used 1/2 as much mana as they currently do?
    Ah I can see the direction. 1/2 seems drastic, though. Maybe 3/4 or 2/3 the current cost? The mana handicap is a vital part of the balance equation imo.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Never mind, I just checked, there's no brutality version of the best damage gear. So any HP additions would come directly at the cost of dexterity which thereby greatly reduces our damage output.

The only thing this would do is help those rogues who do not know how to use skills wisely or help out in a Korruption based fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Ah I can see the direction. 1/2 seems drastic, though. Maybe 3/4 or 2/3 the current cost? The mana handicap is a vital part of the balance equation imo.
    It doesn't matter what the reduction amount at this stage is though because you cannot take out the int points since they're attributed to the gear.

Therefore, the points are coming directly from dexterity and would heavily negatively impact a rogue's performance.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1/2 would sound good then if your formulas are correct. Let's see if it can improve survivability by encouraging rogues to dump extra points into str.

The only thing is that rogues get their int from gear so this would mean a full out swap for all PvP rogues to brutality based gear. Correct?

If so, realistically a rogue can only take out 50-60 points in the build without majorly hurting his damage because after the str deduction, then you have things you cannot take str out of like the arcane ring.
    Good point that Rogues mostly use gear to acquire intelligence, not actually putting many points into the INT stat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Good point that Rogues mostly use gear to acquire intelligence, not actually putting many points into the INT stat.
    Yep, so this wouldn't be a solution. At first I thought it was, then I had an "Oh wait..." moment when considering all variables of this theory. Damn, thought it was a done deal.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #65
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yep, so this wouldn't be a solution. At first I thought it was, then I had an "Oh wait..." moment when considering all variables of this theory. Damn, thought it was a done deal.
    and if gear happened to appear allowing Rogues to better choose where they get their INT vs STR from? *shifty eyes*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

and if gear happened to appear allowing Rogues to better choose where they get their INT vs STR from? *shifty eyes*
    Gear with stats that can be altered? Those are very big shifty eyes! That would be revolutionary for the game, giving players some freedom to choose the stats on our gear would be amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

What obviously he was talking about coming out with new gear that choose str over int.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerofort View Post
    What obviously he was talking about coming out with new gear that choose str over int.
    Obviously.

/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It would be awesome, but would it be just armor and helm? When factoring in already using slaying amulet, this would be an increase of about 400 HP. 400 HP, while great isn't really going to solve the difference. I was thinking...what if on top of this y'all strengthen the HoT heal of packs? That way if I know I'm going to lose my stun immunity, I can drop packs and eat them. If someone stuns me in this time, I have some heal from the packs to help carry me through to next Nekro shield.

Here are my stats:

Now, with planar pendant I can get the increases in HP you are talking about. From what I've seen, that alone wasn't enough to help overcome a rogue's inherent disadvantage in clash. So, this is why I think a little bit more would be needed. However, we are getting there if this reduced mana burn is implemented.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-09-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I am glad that rogues are getting a buff. Reduced mana. Less pot consumption. Pve rogues happy.

But have you guys ever thought what will happen to twink brackets and 1 vs scenario?

I am hoping for good not another chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but from this post I don't get a feeling of "heavily negatively impact" on rogues performance.
    I replied a bit late, my bad. I was posting while being stuck in traffic. I believe I posted an updated comment after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Indeed mana is kinda low atm, I got everything on rogue gear and one or two abilities more than needed we run out of Mana on mage vses for example, rogues die easier on their vses, we already know that and wars just almost impossible to kill with or without mana on huge amount which will eventually sooner or later will run out and then it's death...... Anyway in short some mana usage reduction would be a great start since on my aspect as full geared I am missing a bit of Mana and a bit of armor.
    NOTHING SO HUGE.... So the other classes don't complain and make 10 pages of drama
    Last edited by reiewaun; 08-10-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Hey everyone,

A fairly decent discussion has come up from this thread so I wanted to pose a question to you all:

What if Rogues became less reliant on INT as a secondary stat?
    That would be nice especially when u said bout reduce mana consumption.

But there's also an issue bout survivability for rogue. Agile/crit class used to be rely on dodge for survivability,curently most rogue think that dodge not good enough for survivability.

If u guys can find a way to make dodge have more role on rogue survivability that maybe can be a solution. Agile/crit type class are hard to hit not hard to die,it can be right it can be wrong just share my opinion base on my experience playing rpg/adventure games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah, but lets say a tank already has 8-9.5k health and then they use korr.....rip
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't