Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Sadly enough, I forgot about SP. However, with making razor shield get DR would you still want to use SP? And what would you sacrifice? Heal? Or are rogues REALLY not wanting razor shield to have the damage reduction?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    SP has to be in a rogue's arsenal for rejoin purposes. It's rarely used in clash because most times it will get you killed. It'll only be used if you've managed to section off a player and can kill said player without piercing into the battlefield and facing immediate death.

If razor shield got DR, I would still use SP because you need it to rejoin. A rogue would be sacrificing noxious bolt for razor. This is a heavy loss in damage but if the rogue can survive with a DR razor shield then it may make up for it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    At endgame, a geared rogue has a mana pool of around 2000 (around the same as a geared warrior). Compared to the mana pool of an "equally" geared mage of 6000+.

That 2000 mana will expire after using around 10 skills, which makes the dependance on hanging around with a mage even more. Therefore, INT will be necessary for this class if they wish to be more useful, not because they don't want more HP.

Furthermore, most mages choose to boost their INT and STR for the specific reason of the arcane shield becoming more powerful by doing so. Not necessarily because they desire HP more than rogues.
    So that's mean mage choose str as 2nd stat bcoz they need it,and same as rogue they choose int as 2nd stat bcoz they need it. What's wrong with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Right now it's because of the fact that in PvP you are only really using aimed and nox. If you use SP, you will die. If razor gets DR though, it makes SP viable to use without dying immediately so this could work.
    Well that's fine,but only if Razor have dmg absorb limit bfore it break down just like AS and Jugg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    So that's mean mage choose str as 2nd stat bcoz they need it,and same as rogue they choose interest as 2nd stat bcoz they need it. What's wrong with that?
    Did I mention that there was a problem with such?

I highlighted that for rogues, INT is mandatory for: the low base mana of the rogue class and the inability to supply mana by themselves like the other 2 classes.

Basically, rogues don't have a choice.

Mages boost INT and STR to make the arcane shield more powerful. The stats are not mandatory.

Mages have a choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Did I mention that there was a problem with such?

I highlighted that for rogues, INT is mandatory for: the low base mana of the rogue class and the inability to supply mana by themselves like the other 2 classes.

Basically, rogues don't have a choice.

Mages boost INT and STR to make the arcane shield more powerful. The stats are not mandatory.

Mages have a choice.
    Say what about mage? That's just ur asumption,str also mandatory for : the low base of survivability and also for AS. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by justhell; 08-09-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Say what about mage? That's just ur asumption,str also mandatory for : the low base of survivability and also for AS. Am I wrong?
    Its more of a fact.

DEX supplies the rogue class with the damage they require. Therefore the AS skill is boosted by the main rogue stat.

Someone mentioned earlier that INT gives health as well as mana. While STR only supplies the health. INT would therefore be a wise choice.

As well as high health, survivability can also be judged on not being able to output enough damage to make you a threat as you run out of mana from using very few skills.

So, yes. You are wrong.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-09-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Its more of a fact.

DEX supplies the rogue class with the damage they require. Therefore the AS skill is boosted by the main rogue stat.

Someone mentioned earlier that INT gives health as well as mana.

So, yes. You are wrong.

And maybe u forget beside give dmg,dex also supplies crit and dodge for survivability.

Necesary or not its base on what player need it self,not other side opinion. So ur statment about str is not mandatory stat for mage is just ur asumption.

So I don't think I'm wrong. Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

And maybe u forget beside give dmg,dex also supplies crit and dodge for survivability.

Necesary or not its base on what player need it self,not other side opinion. So ur statment about str is not mandatory stat for mage is just ur asumption.

How effective is dodge in this game? It only works on auto attacks.

Even with crit, the rogue community are convinced they aren't enough of a threat. With valid reason.

I would rather not argue with you. I'm just putting some information on the table.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-09-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Not really, Dex grant barely some .0% critical and Dodge that's all, almost pointless unless you put lots of points on DEX for a mage, that would make weaker the shield and would make the mage's HP lower.

Instead a rogue need always a DEX stats for get an "Average Damage", INT because our skills make us like a Mana Burn Machine and STR because any class needs HP.

That being said a rogue needs a balance beetween INT, STR and DEX, everyone knows that DEX it's the useless for Mage and Warrior while rogue needs INT and STR as well ( DEX as main )

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

How effective is dodge in this game? It only works on auto attacks.

Even with crit, the rogue community are convinced they aren't enough of a threat.

I would rather not argue with you. I'm just putting some information on the table.
    Then why not bring up about dodge issue? Bcoz all I know is,agile/crit type class always depend on dodge for survivability.

Also why not asking for mana pool buff? If u think its necesary.

Sorry,if there's any of my words sound bit rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Then why not bring up about dodge issue? Bcoz all I know is,agile/crit type class always depend on dodge for survivability.

Also why not asking for mana pool buff? If u think its necesary.

Sorry,if there's any of my words sound bit rude.
    I heard that dodge working as it does on other games ruined pocket legends PvP and since arcane legends is a development of pocket legends (if I remember correctly), then it seems logical that dodge works the way it does on this game.

Pointing out the mana pool was to help my explanation of the INT stat being more mandatory for rogues. Even if they wanted to get 10,000 health via STR, they would be left with near 0 mana.

Its ok mate, no hard feelings, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-09-2016 at 04:11 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey everyone,

A fairly decent discussion has come up from this thread so I wanted to pose a question to you all:

What if Rogues became less reliant on INT as a secondary stat?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey everyone,

A fairly decent discussion has come up from this thread so I wanted to pose a question to you all:

That might help, would encourage rogues to put some strength in their builds. However, it still needs to be combined with something else. The reason is that while int increases mana, it also increases damage. So, if we are saving on int and can go with strength, then we are compromising some damage which is already a tough thing to let go of when you have a mage heal that heals better than a warrior heal. 3/4 fill rate + 5 ticks of 1K HP per tick is pretty hard to overcome. It's almost as if it's a mini juggernaut, except with guaranteed ticks for those 5 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hey everyone,

Remove the int as secondary will cause she loses damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hey everyone,

all weapons / gear (including arcane) today are based on the fact that rogues have int as secondary, removing it would cause rougues lost damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hey everyone,

Could you please give a slight example of how this may work if it were to be put in place? otherwise its hard to predict a potential effect.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-09-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Hey everyone,

Hard to predict the outcome without more info, can you give us a better idea what you have in mind?

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    Remove the int as secondary will cause she loses damage?
    There is truth in that INT helps for damage, but the amount may be smaller than you might think.

I did a quick calculation using these values:
    Rogue 1: 200 STR 700 DEX 400 INT.
    HP from stats = ~6100.
    Equipped Weapon: Immortal Corruption Bow
    Ability used: Aimed Shot, uncharged

Rogue 2: 400 STR 700 DEX 200 INT.
    HP from stats = ~7100.

Using these values this 200 INT, after all formulas apply, comes out to about 95 damage on an uncharged Aimed Shot (~240 damage on an improved crit). This 95 or 240 damage difference does not scale with the damage of Aimed Shot, meaning if I add more DEX or more damage, the difference will still be 95 or 240 (the Rogues in my example would be firing an Aimed Shot doing ~5000+ damage). This means for these example Rogues, you can gain 1000 health while only losing ~240 damage off an Aimed Shot crit.

Right now of course Rogues cannot do this because 200 INT means 2000 mana and losing 2000 mana means you only get a few Aimed Shots before you have no mana left.

The thought here would be: What if Rogue skills only used 1/2 as much mana as they currently do?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

There is truth in that INT helps for damage, but the amount may be smaller than you might think.

HP from stats = ~6100.

HP from stats = ~7100.

Using these values this 200 INT, after all formulas apply, comes out to about 95 damage on an uncharged Aimed Shot (~240 damage on an improved crit). This 95 or 240 damage difference does not scale with the damage of Aimed Shot, meaning if I add more DEX or more damage, the difference will still be 95 or 240 (the Rogues in my example would be firing an Aimed Shot doing ~5000+ damage). This means for these example Rogues, you can gain 1000 health while only losing ~240 damage off an Aimed Shot crit.

Right now of course Rogues cannot do this because 200 INT means 2000 mana and losing 2000 mana means you only get a few Aimed Shots before you have no mana left.

The thought here would be: What if Rogue skills only used 1/2 as much mana as they currently do?
    This would break the [warrior > rogue] section of rock, paper, scissors balance.

Being a class with high skill damage (the highest in the game) and very low cooldowns (the fastest in the game) makes the handicap of a low mana pool appropriate.

We should focus on making the factor of rogue high skill damage a threat again. As of now, the only current viable use of this factor is in a rogue vs rogue scenario. It may help in a rogue vs mage scenario, but it doesn't guarantee the rogue will win. Being a dps class currently is more of a title. I still question the [rogue > mage] section of the rock, paper, scissors balance.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-09-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

HP from stats = ~6100.

HP from stats = ~7100.

1/2 would sound good then if your formulas are correct. Let's see if it can improve survivability by encouraging rogues to dump extra points into str.

The only thing is that rogues get their int from gear so this would mean a full out swap for all PvP rogues to brutality based gear. Correct?

If so, realistically a rogue can only take out 50-60 points in the build without majorly hurting his damage because after the str deduction, then you have things you cannot take str out of like the arcane ring.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-09-2016 at 06:34 PM.