Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

- Frost Bolt only slowing in pvp,some minions and boss,with ice wielder upgrade it should give 20% chance freezing enemies on charged.

- Fireball didn't stun boss,with impact upgrade it should stun enemies.

- Time Shift didn't rooting on pvp and some mobs,with freeze time upgrade it should rooting enemies.

- Gale Force didn't stun boss and some minions.

1. Why some many restriction skill for mage?

2. And for that disadvantage did we got some exchange?

3. What the point make mage as crowd control with that all important thing restriction?

Anyone have make sense answer?
    Last edited by justhell; 08-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Because, wheres the challenge if you can stun-freeze lock a boss in PVE? or have an arsenal of AoE with movement impairment skills in PvP? If the sorcerers are allowed to do that, whats the point of having warrior or rogue?

Can you have make sense answer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Agree with "where's the challenge" part,but frost bolt (ice wielder upgrade) is 20% chance,that's already at fair rate to apply at any situation,isn't?

- Fireball,its work in pvp and some minions,well that's fair enough I guest.

- Gale Force,same opinion like Fireball.

- Frost Bolt,its by a chance to freeze with ice wielder upgrade. Its not gonna make mage able manipulated enemies all the time.

- Time Shift,rooted enemies still can attack and most of boss have large area attack which still can kill mages even when she/he got rooted.

Some of minions already freezable and rootable,why not make some other minions and boss can be freeze and root by a chance. With a time adjustment,that's won't make mage OP.

The reason why mage have low amount of hp and armor (compare to other class) is bcoz mage have skill to covered that. That's why i don't see a make sense reason why so many restrition on mage skill. If it work on some enemies and work by a chance on some other that's acceptable,but almost useless for some other it's doesn't sound make sense.

- Warrior,got huge hp and armor to covered their low dmg and slow attack,most (if I can't say all) of war skill have no restriction on pvp/pve.

- Rogue,got high dmg,high crit and high dodge to deal with their med armor and hp,same as war most of rog skill work in pvp/pve.

That's my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    Agree with "where's the challenge" part,but frost bolt (ice wielder upgrade) is 20% chance,that's already at fair rate to apply at any situation,isn't?

- Fireball,its work in pvp and some minions,well that's fair enough I guest.

- Gale Force,same opinion like Fireball.

- Frost Bolt,its by a chance to freeze with ice wielder upgrade. Its not gonna make mage able manipulated enemies all the time.

- Time Shift,rooted enemies still can attack and most of boss have large area attack which still can kill mages even when she/he got rooted.

Some of minions already freezable and rootable,why not make some other minions and boss can be freeze and root by a chance. With a time adjustment,that's won't make mage OP.

The reason why mage have low amount of hp and armor (compare to other class) is bcoz mage have skill to covered that. That's why i don't see a make sense reason why so many restrition on mage skill. If it work on some enemies and work by a chance on some other that's acceptable,but almost useless for some other it's doesn't sound make sense.

- Warrior,got huge hp and armor to covered their low dmg and slow attack,most (if I can't say all) of war skill have no restriction on pvp/pve.

- Rogue,got high dmg,high crit and high dodge to deal with their med armor and hp,same as war most of rog skill work in pvp/pve.

That's my opinion.
    Fireball only stun sometimes in PvP already vs alot of rogue without stun immunity and charged fireball not 100% stun them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Fireball only stun sometimes in PvP already vs alot of rogue without stun immunity and charged fireball not 100% stun them
    Ugh... Never pay attention on that,u mean Fireball not 100% stun bcoz its supposed to be like that or its bcoz Rog razor?

Thx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

FB is not 100% stun depends on the player ... i.e nekro shield block stun and razor shield buff now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    FB is not 100% stun depends on the player ... i.e nekro shield block stun and razor shield buff now
    So let's say I do duel with someone didn't have nekro/didn't use razor/didn't use jugg,will my FB chance be 100%?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm not sure if anything has changed, but a couple of years ago I did some testing and at the time you could dodge the stun. So the fireball would always hit, but if a rogue had high dodge, they could dodge the stun part of it. I'm not sure if that is still the case as the game mechanics have been updated a lot in the past 2 years. Because of that, I preferred to use Frost in PvP since it would always slow the enemy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm not sure if anything has changed, but a couple of years ago I did some testing and at the time you could dodge the stun. So the fireball would always hit, but if a rogue had high dodge, they could dodge the stun part of it. I'm not sure if that is still the case as the game mechanics have been updated a lot in the past 2 years. Because of that, I preferred to use Frost in PvP since it would always slow the enemy.
    Sorry I'm bit confused with ur statement,if an enemy dodging fireball then he/she also dodging the stun its make sense,but how could he/she get hit by fireball but dodging the stun? Are fireball (stun) also base on chance?

Its supposed to work like that? Or something wrong with fireball?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Sorry I'm bit confused with ur statement,if an enemy dodging fireball then he/she also dodging the stun its make sense,but how could he/she get hit by fireball but dodging the stun? Are fireball (stun) also base on chance?

Pretty sure it's been fixed (for probably quite a long time now). Fireball now stuns 100% of the time when the enemy has no stun immunity.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Charged fireball = stun but i think not 100% because some mobs cannot be stunned and sometimes when dueling it doesn't stun.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim S. Barcelo View Post
    Charged fireball = stun but i think not 100% because some mobs cannot be stunned and sometimes when dueling it doesn't stun.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    I'm pve lover so on elite mobs already know that,that's also posible coz ur fireball reach max target to hit limit.

Sometimes due connection problem it can be happen,on screen u saw that charged indicator already full but in their server ur charged not yet full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Let's move to frost bolt,did the ice wielder upgrade (20% chance to freeze) will make mages OP if apply for any situation? Or isn't 20% chance already at fair rate to apply for any situation?.

If some of u guys/gals think the CD is too fast compare with freezing time,then they just can make adjustment freeze time on boss and pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I'm pve lover so on elite mobs already know that,that's also posible coz ur fireball reach max target to hit limit.

Sometimes due connection problem it can be happen,on screen u saw that charged indicator already full but in their server ur charged not yet full.
    Dude i was trolling alot to my teammates in PvP when there isnt any enemy to clash, sometimes they stunned sometimes not, so charged fireball not 100% stun player like in 41 capped :3 rogue got bullied by mage stun tactic

Nb: they didnt have stun immunity

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Dude i was trolling alot to my teammates in PvP when there isnt any enemy to clash, sometimes they stunned sometimes not, so charged fireball not 100% stun player like in 41 capped :3 rogue got bullied by mage stun tactic

Nb: they didnt have stun immunity

O.o... u sure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

O.o... u sure?
    Ya im sure, i was like to shot charged fireball to my friend in opposite team sometimes they stun and sometimes no, i think the chance was: 25% stun 75% dodge the stun, its happen to all job as far as i know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

What the point make mage as crowd control with that all important thing restriction?
    Several buffs were given to the Mage class assuming how the mage will work in the current setting. Now after getting buffs, you want the setting changed. That is asking for too much, dont mind me.

Also, regardless of whether it is intended for some skills to work on Bosses/Pvp players or not, are you able to state valid reasons for why the mage class needs buffing now? Is the class ineffective, is it not working well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Several buffs were given to the Mage class assuming how the mage will work in the current setting. Now after getting buffs, you want the setting changed. That is asking for too much, dont mind me.

Also, regardless of whether it is intended for some skills to work on Bosses/Pvp players or not, are you able to state valid reasons for why the mage class needs buffing now? Is the class ineffective, is it not working well?
    Buff? Did I ever saying bout buff? Let's I asked u a thing,what definition of broke thing for u?.

For me broken thing is that what said/wrote on description didn't match with reallity (sometimes it less,sometimes it more). Well at least that what i've got from some post asking about fixing the broken thing. Am I wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Bosses don't get stunned because they aren't mobs, I think we can accept that. In other games bosses have special characteristics that make them tougher than the general mobs like stun/freeze immunity, immunity to debuffs etc. So you have to find some other way to defeat them.

Root simply means that the target cannot move from his current position, but can still attack. This was seen from the lvl41 Elondrian gun proc. Root does not equal stun.

I don't have any good answer as to why Frost Bolt can't freeze in PvP, other than it would be making things too skewed toward mages. Imagine getting frozen then panicked then stunned (because there is no panic/freeze immunity, and there's no overlap with stun immunity). It was decided very early on that Frost Bolt should not freeze in PvP. In any case the slow on Frost Bolt is powerful enough.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Buff? Did I ever saying bout buff? Let's I asked u a thing,what definition of broke thing for u?.

For me broken thing is that what said/wrote on description didn't match with reallity (sometimes it less,sometimes it more). Well at least that what i've got from some post asking about fixing the broken thing. Am I wrong?
    Try to relax, he was asking a valid question. You did seem to imply that mages needed a buff (restore freeze on Frost Bolt in PvP) when it is clear to the general community that it is quite unnecessary. But I get that you're just asking questions. Frost Bolt freeze not working in PvP had been in place since PvP had begun, it is common knowledge to those who had played since then and those who PvP often.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.