Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Characters at different levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Why is everyone say mages a lot at endgame?
    And they are not that big :/
    From what i see, warrior is the most using
    Anyway that's not the case
    -

Lvl 5 is the place open trade/stash
    That's all I can say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saud View Post
    Why is everyone say mages a lot at endgame?
    And they are not that big :/
    From what i see, warrior is the most using
    Anyway that's not the case
    -

Lvl 5 is the place open trade/stash
    That's all I can say
    The graph is data from the developers and it clearly shows there are more mages at endgame than any other class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This explains why endgame pvp is dead.. also the spikes on low levels is explained by twinks/dummies..anyways, this is kinda sad no? -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think there is many mysteries in Arlor like the levels one and only Spacetime can light us with your stats and your knowledge. Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    The graph is data from the developers and it clearly shows there are more mages at endgame than any other class.
    Clearly not that much
    Also I won't say all of them pvp
    The most is doing pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saud View Post
    Clearly not that much
    Also I won't say all of them pvp
    The most is doing pve
    I did not point out more than the developers have shown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Yes this what i would expect . 1-4 having low amounts due to the fact that you cant trade at that level , making not suitable for twinking . 5-20 having the most because most the twinks and event runners located in that bracket . The other ones are mostly newbies that are going for endgame. ( 20-54 )

19 appers to have less players due to the fact that 18 has more gear ( generaly 18-17 lvls are very popular ) and due to the fact that lvl19 twinks are forced to fight with lvl20 that have acces to excelent jewels .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 08-09-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The Sudden Drop is due to the Massive Amount of XP required to cap. That's my thought.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoardseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From 21 till 36 there is
    - not a lot of good gear so running the maps of those levels is hard
    - only a small number or players there and most of them undergeared so hard time running the maps
    - not rewarding in gold, items and exp
    - there is nothing there you can't do at 56
    So everyone just levels up till 56 or gives up

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

if the concern is content barrier, before making baseless assumptions, i think you should check players' average logging time, check whether their xp gain are disabled, and check whether they are alts on the same account or not. based on those info, you'll be able to know which one are twink, stash/craft slaves, or given up new players.

and then again, active forumers are mostly old players that never replay the game from start, so you will hardly get any relevant answers regarding content barrier. as far as i know, there was sudden increase in difficulty in kraken maps, but i believe it was toned down in several previous updates.

as old players which don't have much data/info compared to devs, if there are content barriers, my guesses are:
    1. no free power leveling method, scaling also make it harder for old players to carry,
    2. no reason/motive for old players to run old maps, except the recent kraag arcane chest
    3. character bound pets, make it harder for new player to change class midway, and make old players reluctant in creating new characters and replay the game.
    in some other game old players often replay the game by making new character and having fun with inherited equipments, and by replay, they also relevel it, not keeping their level down like twinks in AL.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Putting aside the "why" and "how" of things, its obvious a big portion of the player base are hovering at around level 7-11. Would be nice if sts did something to make it more interesting for them too. Go into some of these pvp guilds that are around at them levels and tell me again if you think they are there because they hit a difficulty barrier or if they are there by choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There is a difficulty increase in dead city and kraken, kraken more than dead city. I find dead city easy but new people seem to find it difficult. Kraken bosses can be impossible, especially for inexperienced, undergeared players.

Toon scaling is easy to L16: random equips, beginner pets, no/low jewels work fine.

Around L17-39/40, you actually have to work on your pet, your gear and jeweling and possibly learn a bit about playing, or every xp zone, including any of the tombs, is hard.

Anyone powerleveled beyond L16 by "helpful" players would need help equipping themselves and getting better pets than the starter pets. An L31 with a starter pet, random equips, and no gold is not going to go far in kraken and beyond.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 08-09-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Star light, star bright...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Levels 5 and 10 are the first 2 changes of a pet's passive also. Breeze for example gets its passive freeze at 10 I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    There is a difficulty increase in dead city and kraken, kraken more than dead city. I find dead city easy but new people seem to find it difficult. Kraken bosses can be impossible, especially for inexperienced, undergeared players. Toon scaling is easy to L16: random equips, beginner pets, no/low jewels work fine. Around L17-39/40, you actually have to work on your pet, your gear and jeweling and possibly learn a bit about playing, or every xp zone, including any of the tombs, is hard. Anyone powerleveled beyond L16 by "helpful" players would need help equipping themselves and getting better pets than the starter pets. An L31 with a starter pet, random equips, and no gold is not going to go far in kraken and beyond.
    You wanna REALLY know the pve progress barrier? It's Captain hately. That boss kills even tanks in 1 hit. Then bloodhammer is even harder due to all the flunkies he summons.

These 2 bosses are probably some of the hardest in the game for the gear you have at the time.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

We have our own ideas, but we thought it would be fun to get your impressions as well:

- Why the spike at 5?
    -Because its the entry level where you can trade
    -Make toons for storage purposes.
    -Because its a well populated twink bracket.

- Why the drop from 10 to 11?
    -Because level 10 is a popular twinking bracket but going further than level 10 would make you face enemies with fortified jewels at level 15.
    -Because a lots of twink gears with paracelsus and eye of Syrillax gems are bound to level 10

- Why the drop from 18 to 19?
    -Because theres nothing level18s can do that level17s can't. So lots of player stick to level 17 and below.
    -Because moving up ahead more than level17 would make you face oponents with highier tier jewel (excellent)

- Is the distribution what you would expect?
    Yes, its what I would expect. IMO, twink population is really highier than endgame because of many reasons. Examples are - LB runs are easier, easier to gear up, casual players go there than the endgame, more enemies in twink PvP (It takes a minutes or so to fill the CTF endgame, while only seconds in twinks). In my opinion also, theres really no reason to stay at levels in between level 24 to level 55 except on twink brackets at level 41 and 46.

If you guys want a more balance distribution on all levels, then maybe give us reasons to stay on those unpopular levels. Beside from twinking purposes, maybe a monthly LB top players on every level? with prizes (not just banners). Maybe top player with highiest Hauntlet point at level xx, or Top players with fastest map (elite or normal in case of low level) clear, or exclusive items that can only be loot at certain level. These incentives would make players stay on all levels.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 08-09-2016 at 03:09 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Ohh reasons to be at certain levels sure would be interesting.

This chart appears to be total toons at each level, which of course, would show more toons at the beginning levels and at the parking levels (pvp levels, easier levels, (previous) level cap levels).

It might be interesting, as someone as previously pointed out, to see toons that are active daily or weekly for x hours per day/week, just to see where the real activity is.

There will always be more toons at the lower levels though, due to parking and to people beginning the game and moving on or taking a break, etc etc.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    If maps are scaled to the best gear available in a bracket, e.g. lv 26 mythic helm and arcane hooks, the average players are having a hard time doing runs in dungeons, since they focus on levelling up and not spending a lot of money on equipment. They can't afford top pets and good gear is almost non-existant roughly said from lv 20-39. Content from Kraken onwards is too hard imo, I should smash through it with my lv 26 arc hooks/myth helmet rogue, but it doesn't feel smooth. On a lv 19 rogue with mediocre gear it's already a bit frustrating and I think that's what players experience : empty maps or people with bad gear and useless pets. Then the mines runs start and people give up out of boredom. "I'm level 21 and I shall do this till 56?? A never ending story! Nty, 250 plat to boost me to 46? Hmmm."
    Also in events we can see that any level that goes beyond 18-19 in direction to 26 is getting hard and even with a well geared 26 it's not the fun to play that it should be. I remember levelling up my mage from 26 upwards, it was a horrible time, even for me who likes running mines, but the lack of equip makes it hard. With the introduction of crate tokens people might open less crates on their low level chars in order to collect them on their main char.
    In Dead City I was wondering why the Lost mage mine seems to be scaled to lv 21, mobs' hp bar red dot on a lv 16, yellow dot on a lv 19 char. I think the difficulty curve continues through 31-36 (mythic and arcane items) and players can restart breathing at 40, since there is better affordable gear available.
    Most definitely this. My thoughts exactly

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Also as we are at it. Lets talk about the elephant in the room. You can easily take those numbers you see at twink level down by about a 3rd. In my 2 years playing at those levels. Id go as far as saying 90% of the time theres a dummy either blocking or being farmed or holding a spot in the room till more members come online. Sad as it sounds, these numbers are spiking cos for every "pro" there is at these twink levels. Theres a dummy or a block.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We have our own ideas, but we thought it would be fun to get your impressions as well:

- Why the spike at 5?
    - Why the drop from 10 to 11?
    - Why the drop from 18 to 19?
    - Is the distribution what you would expect?

Thanks!

- g
    I read through the thread so far and I had many of the same thoughts as everyone else.

A few things I'd like to add to the mix...

We all assume, I think, that STS' most ideal scenario would be to have the largest spike at endgame. I'm going with that assumption.

Here are my shots in the dark to explain why it hasn't happened...

1. The higher the level, the more complex and confusing the game can get. In terms of gear, knowledge and skill necessary to be 'top' player, endgame is by far the most challenging. There are zero company-sponsored guides to endgame, and very little in-game guidance to help to players along the way.
    2. Endgame is, by far the absolute most expensive because of the constant stream of new gear. It's no mistake that 41 and 46 remain popular - players don't have to keep up with ever-changing gear demands. Glinstone, Antignome and the rapid release schedule for new weapons have taken a toll.
    3. Lately, to be an endgamer is to be a guinea pig/beta tester.
    4. 41 and 46 combined have more players than endgame, but then I think about the twinks too. Assuming this chart is of active players, you have way, way more players who aren't willing to embrace the latest & greatest at endgame than who are. I'd guess time and expense have a great deal to do with it. I suppose the endgame is still where the most money is though?

Level-based games are notorious for this kind of division. It's sad that the community is so spread out. Imagine how epic PvP and PvE would be if the concentrations were higher. I wish there were more incentive to get players to endgame or at least to have fewer/higher concentrations.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

How about the activity per level? Can you keep us coming back?
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx