Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new gods of pvp; Bears and strength sets!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default The new gods of pvp; Bears and strength sets!

Has anyone noticed just how powerful strength sets have become? Its insane, my bear kill almost all mages and most birds with ease. finally bears are getting the glory they deserve. High hit percent, outstanding dodge, outstanding armor, outstanding health, decent crit and decent damage. With my dodge, it doesnt matter how high a mages crit is, they will alaways miss bring it on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is a sure fire way to get the bear nerfd. Brag about how overpowerd we are...
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

ugh.. just when i start bringing my bear up to endgame, this thread appears... Way to flippin go...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Lol new gear always make one class really good, seemingly o.p out the gates. However pvp is strategy and rts. As always mages and birds will come up w new tactics to overcome. Fury on a bear, the first one toughie was seemingly o.p but we all learned fury on a bear is fail. Prime example.
    But as a player of all three end game classes in the arena, bears are underpowered but have now taken a turn for the better finally. No longer a free kill muahaha
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysdtf View Post
    Lol new gear always make one class really good, seemingly o.p out the gates. However pvp is strategy and rts. As always mages and birds will come up w new tactics to overcome. Fury on a bear, the first one toughie was seemingly o.p but we all learned fury on a bear is fail. Prime example.
    But as a player of all three end game classes in the arena, bears are underpowered but have now taken a turn for the better finally. No longer a free kill muahaha
    Ive realizing one total weakness in bear, only one 12m skill... If beckon misses or gets dodged, the bear is toast unless the opponent is stupid enough to come within 8m. Bears are now actually playable because of the hit% on big top and strong mans gear. Without this hit percentage, str bears were a 80% chance win. Now it will take some skill, and a lil luck to bring them down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Most be noob mages

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Words of wisdom, just like I was about to post before you got here first XD

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

yeah cuz fabiokmd was totally a free kill XD
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Has anyone noticed just how powerful strength sets have become? Its insane, my bear kill almost all mages and most birds with ease. finally bears are getting the glory they deserve. High hit percent, outstanding dodge, outstanding armor, outstanding health, decent crit and decent damage. With my dodge, it doesnt matter how high a mages crit is, they will alaways miss bring it on!
    What's point of your thread? To be honest, pro birds and pro mages and easily bring ursans down! You were just lucky to meet some newbies..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Would you be interested in a match to 10 vs. my mage. I'm not trying to call you out, I would just like to play and show you that it's not an automatic win. It's certainly harder to beat a bear now than it was before Nuri's, but it comes down to how one plays it. If you wanna add Remixi or tell me your IGN, we should play a match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fastcast View Post
    Most be noob mages
    Agreed. No good mage will lose to a bear so easily...
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaieagle View Post
    What's point of your thread? To be honest, pro birds and pro mages and easily bring ursans down! You were just lucky to meet some newbies..
    Actually its pretty easy now for Ursans to get even with mages and avians. Their new gear set gets their mana regen up, so u dont see bears having to die once before fighting again with full mana
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I kind of think it's cheap... As soon as I respawn my avian gets sucked into a bear and then 1shot killed! It kind of stinks... Just not fair Theres nothing I can do about it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    I kind of think it's cheap... As soon as I respawn my avian gets sucked into a bear and then 1shot killed! It kind of stinks... Just not fair Theres nothing I can do about it...
    Agreed.

I would also like to add that no class is greater than another. All the classes have their strengths and weaknesses.

Mages have good debuff and area damage but half the health of a tank.

Avians have outstanding crit and single enemy damage but cant hurt anybody around them.

Bears have high health and armor but cant do high attack options like the other two.

I guess my conclusion is that you may be a good PVP'er, or the others werent so good, but it all comes down to who the player is and how they play it.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 09-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Very true. I'm personally hardly pvping now because all I hear is how "OP" bears are and how cheap I am for playing one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Spot on. I remember those days, I was able to lend Toughie the sword to 'complete' the set, there was no set bonus yet before. Also, for those that didn't know, Fury stats were changed big time. Fury stats originally had Royal Sewer stats, even the Sword/Shield. So Fury had 8 Dodge and 8 HS in each piece before, then it was changed.

At first it called OP to the majority of the PL community, but even back then, awesome birds like Skimmy could still duel us easy even with our 'OP' set, he just learned to use his skills more.

Any class can still beat any class, IMO. We aren't killing things left and right with no effort, some seem to forget that this set is still melee and only one of our skills has comparable range to birds/mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing:418803
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Agreed.

I would also like to add that no class is greater than another. All the classes have their strengths and weaknesses.

Mages have good debuff and area damage but half the health of a tank.

Avians have outstanding crit and single enemy damage but cant hurt anybody around them.

Bears have high health and armor but cant do high attack options like the other two.

I guess my conclusion is that you may be a good PVP'er, or the others werent so good, but it all comes down to who the player is and how they play it.
    Actually i quite disagree.
    Every class has its own cool feature, yes, but that doesnt mean they r equal. For example a dex bear easily out paces a bird. And a full nuke mage kills a bird in two shots. So as to say, i think that mages rule and bears come in second.
    #and for birds out there, give up. U dont stand a chance#

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    Actually i quite disagree.
    Every class has its own cool feature, yes, but that doesnt mean they r equal. For example a dex bear easily out paces a bird. And a full nuke mage kills a bird in two shots. So as to say, i think that mages rule and bears come in second.
    #and for birds out there, give up. U dont stand a chance#
    I think you missed my point.

What im trying to say is that even though a class may be better STAT wise, doesnt mean it can beat a player who has more wits and strategy to PVP. For example:

I hate avians because they always wait for a mage's mana shield to run out. (mainly cause they're too whimpy to fight us anyway). Thats one strategy for an avian.

Im sure theres numerous strategys, and i can still see it from both sides, but imo, its how the player plays the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

mages and birds in str gear, or like buddyf said if you miss your toast...

bears are now at a lvl where they can compete... and not be easy kills.

i think the dodge is ok... but sure would be nice to have dodge like royal and fury - with all that hit

i say elixers in pvp!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

btw... if we had elixers in pvp i would be opeing up the "ate guild" addicted to elixers guild!!!

jk