Thread: Director Droid Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Director Droid Guide

Ok I found out not to long ago but some ppl don't know that u use emotes to help kill him. Here's how u do it:
    There are 4 platforms in each a corner of the bosses room. When the boss says "it's time to act!" everyone run to a platform( try to each go to a different one) and stand on it. As u will notice there will b a animated picture on the screen of the platform ur on. Those animated pictures correspond with 4 emotes (wave, LOL, dance, and no way!). So while ur all on ur plat forms do the emote that corresponds with the animated picture on ur platforms screen. When all 4 platforms r successfully charged the director droid will b damaged a lil, his shield will drop, and he will b stunned.

If u have a good team and r organized well this should go smooth and u should kill the boss in no time!

Hope I helped good luck everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh that's y it kept saying acting time or something

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Great post, very helpful. Thanks
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Nice one. I noticed the platforms and managed to activate one but couldn't see the purpose.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah you better have a good group that knows how to pull this off or your gonna be angry and broke fast. If you don't activate all 4 panels you'll use up 50-75 pots staying alive. Don't ask me how i know this lol. Just make sure everyone knows what they're doing before hand...trust me. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deafmaster View Post
    Yeah you better have a good group that knows how to pull this off or your gonna be angry and broke fast. If you don't activate all 4 panels you'll use up 50-75 pots staying alive. Don't ask me how i know this lol. Just make sure everyone knows what they're doing before hand...trust me. :-)
    Yup...wasted about this many pots on my commando even with two engineers in a group during a run...made me wish I was on my other character (engineer) doing the healing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks. Wish I had know this before the killing the Director (which we managed to do without knowing this and without using many pots, but it took a very long time).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you for your sharing, it is so useful to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, doing the kill properly def makes it easier, but the longer solution if you have a few engies, is everyone just stands behind him so you cant get hit by bags, and grind him down. A few deaths and a few res' but if you have a newb group you can at least direct them to kill it this way.

Takes about 4x longer though. haha
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing people need to remember at Director Droid is that you need to stay packed fairly tight together if you want engineer heals and buffs. The room is big, and after "acting" players get caught up and stay in the corners. Then they complain about not getting heals.

Do the engineers a favor and come back to the middle of the room. It is really tough running around like crazy trying to rez/heal/buff while we ourselves are trying to stay alive. We have to watch our health too, and use stims when needed.
    Last edited by Raulur; 09-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

One other minor thing that really helps save time is to pick your corners. By that I mean everyone in the group has their own specific platform to run to and it stays consistent. That way, when it's time to emote, you can instantly book it to your corner without having to waste time scrambling to see who's going where, then quickly get back to the middle of the room as stated above. You can take a sec to call corners beforehand or just wait till it happens the first time and see where the others run, and you run to wherever hasn't been covered. Usually people to seem to flock to the front two platforms closer to the boss, because they're just...closer. So the first thing I always do is head for the back, because those two corners are the ones most often missed. I also keep an eye on the mini map as I'm doing this, because if for whatever reason (somebody got knocked down, killed, etc) there's a platform that hasn't been covered, usually you can hit a second one before acting time is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Saw this thread the other day and it taught me how to kill Director well, so Kudos

--

Another good strategy that works well: have 4 people stay near the Droid at all times, and they can activate the front 2 panels easy. Get one person (who is competant and not lagging haha) to cover the back 2 when it's acting time. They have plenty of time, and the rest of the team keeps on dealing damage to Director and don't get spread apart much.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]