Thread: Extreme Slow Down.. Question to the Devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Extreme Slow Down.. Question to the Devs.

Dear Devs,

I love this game, I really do. I play it everyday! But I think the engine for this game is a bit.. off.
    First off, I have an iPod Touch 4G.
    After playing PL for a while and coming here I've noticed that this game plays significantly "slower." The framerate is not as good as in PL. Granted, it makes sense considering that the environment in SL is filled to the brim and the monsters are pretty detailed. I did not really have a problem with the the lower framerate until the recent release of the new dungeon.

In the new maps, as soon as I get into a firefight, my game slows down and it becomes impossible to tell whats going on. Keep in mind I have a 4G iPod Touch that is capable of playing order and chaos and Infiniti Blade without a hitch.

I've tried turning off high detail and even turned on double pixels, but the game still suffers.
    Outside of the game I have turned off notifications, stopped all multitasking on my other apps and yet the game still slows down significantly.

I'm just wondering if you, the devs, can give me any hope of playing this game as smoothly as PL. Perhaps it's something that can be adressed through optimization of some sort.

Also good job on the new dungeon! Even though its hard to play at times, I can tell I'll still be having fun destroying mobs for a very long time

Sincerely,

me
    Last edited by longsteak; 09-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Boomsteak - Commando - Lv 35 <Sparkling Pwnies>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I sadly have to agree with you on this, i to love the game but its becoming so frustrating. I think they have just put to much detail and possibly effects in it. At times it is like playing in slow motion. It is such a shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its fine on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2

1 word... Gutted?
    IGN: Ryt - Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archyx View Post
    Its fine on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2

1 word... Gutted?
    Ditto that, the worst ping is about 500 on the ip4 and all time 250 ping on ipad 2, super good frames, I went back to PL and the graphics are terrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Curiosity here since I don't use a cell/4g--does it play any better if you switch to Wifi? I'm playing SL on a first gen iPad on Wifi and haven't run into any slow-downs or even much in the way of ping problems.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wifi is still slow for me but I'm on kind of a slow wifi connection with DSL and a 1st generation iPhone. BTW, kudos for a game that still run on the old stuff. But I notice considerable slowness just on the new Slouch-O maps. Is that because that's where all the instance traffic is at the moment? I get about 2 frames per second and the only reason I survive is because I probably am not getting much aggro with my 25 op.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue