Thread: Arcane Bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Arcane Bow

Honestly I'm not really seeing why the arcane bow is constantly dropping in auction, is it that people don't like it, need gold asap, or they just don't know the bows aspects, because i have bow and daggers and i use both on certain things, I'm not saying everyone can afford because i know not everyone can but bow is good if you use it correctly, bow is used on tanks in a vs in pvp/duel, can also be used in pvp period as a normal weapon, the best thing about bow is its usefulness on elite bosses, if you proc creeping death the bosses health drops fast, charge your bow then use aimed(no need to charge aimed for it to take affect), bow is lowkey op and not many know.

Daggers are used in pvp mostly, because the stats it gives also the massive armor advantage, also good in pve maps(not elites so well because of the proc), mainly in tombs i use them or on elites until the boss, in tombs the proc takes away enemies health slowly, not one, not two but many enemies at a time, very useful in tombs.

Both are really good weapons besides the crit loss but they do show very well and show reasons for the crit loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxalivexx View Post
    Honestly I'm not really seeing why the arcane bow is constantly dropping in auction, is it that people don't like it, need gold asap, or they just don't know the bows aspects, because i have bow and daggers and i use both on certain things, I'm not saying everyone can afford because i know not everyone can but bow is good if you use it correctly, bow is used on tanks in a vs in pvp/duel, can also be used in pvp period as a normal weapon, the best thing about bow is its usefulness on elite bosses, if you proc creeping death the bosses health drops fast, charge your bow then use aimed(no need to charge aimed for it to take affect), bow is lowkey op and not many know.

Daggers are used in pvp mostly, because the stats it gives also the massive armor advantage, also good in pve maps(not elites so well because of the proc), mainly in tombs i use them or on elites until the boss, in tombs the proc takes away enemies health slowly, not one, not two but many enemies at a time, very useful in tombs.

Both are really good weapons besides the crit loss but they do show very well and show reasons for the crit loss.
    Actually, in hard elite maps, if you are able to avoid stuns, the proc of the Immortal daggers will help keep you alive because the damage caused by the proc heals the rogue by the same amount. In the absence of good crowd control however I switch to Dragon Hunter daggers especially in elite Underhul.

The Immortal bow is especially good at single target damage, and it works best in the hard elites where the proc allows each autoattack hit to take off chunks of HP off bosses at a time. In PvP the autoattack if used appropriately is almost like a 5th skill due to the amount of damage it can do. The key in elites is getting the bow to proc. If the rogue is unable to proc the bow, then he/she would come to view the bow as an inferior weapon as overall using the Immortal daggers would allow you to clear maps faster. If one were to know how best to make the bow proc especially at hard elite bosses, the bow would be a good investment.

Personally, I would consider the daggers to be a good all-purpose weapon which is more versatile than the bow. The bow is possibly more useful in PvP and in hard boss fights. Having said that only a minority of players actually care that much about PvP to buy a bow specifically for that purpose, and the boss fight only makes up a comparatively small amount of the time taken to clear an elite map, which makes the 4mil gold investment to cut down running time by maybe 30 seconds or less a bit too much for most players.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

#stsupdatecoc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Actually, in hard elite maps, if you are able to avoid stuns, the proc of the Immortal daggers will help keep you alive because the damage caused by the proc heals the rogue by the same amount. In the absence of good crowd control however I switch to Dragon Hunter daggers especially in elite Underhul.

The Immortal bow is especially good at single target damage, and it works best in the hard elites where the proc allows each autoattack hit to take off chunks of HP off bosses at a time. In PvP the autoattack if used appropriately is almost like a 5th skill due to the amount of damage it can do. The key in elites is getting the bow to proc. If the rogue is unable to proc the bow, then he/she would come to view the bow as an inferior weapon as overall using the Immortal daggers would allow you to clear maps faster. If one were to know how best to make the bow proc especially at hard elite bosses, the bow would be a good investment.

Personally, I would consider the daggers to be a good all-purpose weapon which is more versatile than the bow. The bow is possibly more useful in PvP and in hard boss fights. Having said that only a minority of players actually care that much about PvP to buy a bow specifically for that purpose, and the boss fight only makes up a comparatively small amount of the time taken to clear an elite map, which makes the 4mil gold investment to cut down running time by maybe 30 seconds or less a bit too much for most players.
    Safiras has it right. The sad truth is while the bow is useful, there aren't enough high HP/endurance bosses to make it a weapon one would want to use all the time.

The only thing I would disagree with is bow being more useful in PvP. The huge armor increase of daggers cannot be ignored.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

1) after aimed shot changed, difference in skill damage between bow and dagger became bigger. all pvp rogues rush selling bows.
    2) in elite mobs people still using 46 arc dagger. neither 56 bow or dagger can beat it here
    3) bow is useful on elite bosses in hardest maps, but you forget there are only 1 hard elite boss who is really a single target and doesnt spam bunches of obstacle mobs on you, and this boss is Jadis Gearloose
    4) on easy maps and dungeons rogues use flameforged dagger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I cant say enough good about the bow.. its awesome! Doubted the day arc bow would happen. Worth the wait : ) thanks sts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Zeus, I posted a longer version of this question on your "Rogue's Tips & Tricks" thread, but I would like to know how you think the lvl 46 weapons you listed there (Glint bow and Dragon blades) compare to the 56 Arcanes. I am especially interested in performance in PvE including elites, on both mobs and bosses. My rogue is currently 51 and using a Glint bow, but I'm looking ahead.

Also, would your build change depending on which weapon you were using? You can answer either here or in your thread.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
    Zeus, I posted a longer version of this question on your "Rogue's Tips & Tricks" thread, but I would like to know how you think the lvl 46 weapons you listed there (Glint bow and Dragon blades) compare to the 56 Arcanes. I am especially interested in performance in PvE including elites, on both mobs and bosses. My rogue is currently 51 and using a Glint bow, but I'm looking ahead.

Also, would your build change depending on which weapon you were using? You can answer either here or in your thread.

Thank you.
    Go dragon blades if your stats are low, the stun will keep you alive and the weapons are cheap as well. No, my build would not change. I prefer the new daggers over old daggers, but if you're on a budget then the old dragon daggers will do you just fine. They're excellent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dragon blades just for mobs, Glint Bow for boss?

What I've been doing with your build is typically I charge Nox, charge SSS, charge Nox, regular Aimed, then spam autoattacks while waiting for cooldown. On bosses I just alternate regular Nox and Aimed with autoattacks between cooldowns. Is this a good rotation?

So if I use daggers instead, all that changes is I spam the autoattacks close up, but still use same mob rotation as above? And I do more DPS this way than if I used, say, Razor shield or traps in place of SSS and did more autoattacks with daggers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Dragon blades just for mobs, Glint Bow for boss?

What I've been doing with your build is typically I charge Nox, charge SSS, charge Nox, regular Aimed, then spam autoattacks while waiting for cooldown. On bosses I just alternate regular Nox and Aimed with autoattacks between cooldowns. Is this a good rotation?

So if I use daggers instead, all that changes is I spam the autoattacks close up, but still use same mob rotation as above? And I do more DPS this way than if I used, say, Razor shield or traps in place of SSS and did more autoattacks with daggers?
    I would use dragon blades for boss too, but that's just me. As with blades, you don't want to be charging nox. The reason is that each auto attack help lay and spread stun. So, just spam your skills while spreading stun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok. Is non-charged Nox poison also AoE, just affects less targets, same with SSS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Ok. Is non-charged Nox poison also AoE, just affects less targets, same with SSS?
    No. Uncharged nox affects only one target. You need to charge it to activate the AoE upgrade.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I would use dragon blades for boss too, but that's just me. As with blades, you don't want to be charging nox. The reason is that each auto attack help lay and spread stun. So, just spam your skills while spreading stun.
    Is there a way to procs dragon blades more (other than charging). Does Dot helps to make it procs more? Like trap, pet dot aa etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magemagix View Post
    Is there a way to procs dragon blades more (other than charging). Does Dot helps to make it procs more? Like trap, pet dot aa etc.
    Dot does not help with the proc. U have about 2 auto attacks time between combos. Arguably 1 single rogue in the pt with dragon hunter daggers is not enough to proc them often enough to ensure the crowd control perpetuity. Furthermore during boss fights u would need 3 rogues with the lvl 46 daggers.
    I personally find uncharged auto best way to proc them, if clumped up mobs are possible (based on the overall skill of the pt).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Dot does not help with the proc. U have about 2 auto attacks time between combos. Arguably 1 single rogue in the pt with dragon hunter daggers is not enough to proc them often enough to ensure the crowd control perpetuity. Furthermore during boss fights u would need 3 rogues with the lvl 46 daggers.
    I personally find uncharged auto best way to proc them, if clumped up mobs are possible (based on the overall skill of the pt).
    Oh thanks for the clarification.

Ya i use auto attacks between combos bt if i charge daggers i can attack jst once, otherwise i can auto attack twice.( i run with PUGS elite ruins, many of them dont use dragon blades, maybe thats the reason blades dont procs alot, idk)