Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: disappointed.....

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Default disappointed.....

Whats with xp gain from 24-25 i remeber it being 700+ and 25-26 is 1368 it kinda killed it made it not so fun and hard to lvl even with elixirs

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Wait... should the game be too easy as opposed to having to put in some work? Think about it... If you can breeze through any game, what happens when you get to the end? At least when it's a little hard, you feel some sort of accomplishment once you finally reach the end!
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Wait... should the game be too easy as opposed to having to put in some work? Think about it... If you can breeze through any game, what happens when you get to the end? At least when it's a little hard, you feel some sort of accomplishment once you finally reach the end!
    Agreed.

I vaguely remember a dev mentioning that SL is a more 'hardcore' version of PL, hence the added difficulty.

I do think, though, that more players are pleased with more to do than with too little to do.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I do think, though, that more players are pleased with more to do than with too little to do.
    I agree with this statement, but am not sure it applies here. All it is is quantity, not quality imo. More xp to be gained just means grinding the same 5 maps over and over until there is amass enough xp to move on to the next campaign. It's the same reason that I'm losing interest in PL, I mean needing that much xp to get to cap without using enhancers/elixirs is insane. Perhaps put a new spin on the same old thing, random dungeons or something, idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I agree with this statement, but am not sure it applies here. All it is is quantity, not quality imo. More xp to be gained just means grinding the same 5 maps over and over until there is amass enough xp to move on to the next campaign. It's the same reason that I'm losing interest in PL, I mean needing that much xp to get to cap without using enhancers/elixirs is insane. Perhaps put a new spin on the same old thing, random dungeons or something, idk.
    True, very true. Hmm, maybe STS has something up their sleeve in terms of quality for the content, hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Whats with xp gain from 24-25 i remeber it being 700+ and 25-26 is 1368 it kinda killed it made it not so fun and hard to lvl even with elixirs
    And I thought you were hardcore :O

Nah im with the others on this one buddy but I do get where you're coning from as it seems we fly through lvls so quick.. find which ones we get most XP and easiest and grind on that lvl till nxt Cap.. Dead Man.. OL.. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    True, very true. Hmm, maybe STS has something up their sleeve in terms of quality for the content, hopefully
    Hopefully they have.. not had an event in SL as such yet.. *hint hint* if they are doing them at all :/ used to be fun going through same lvls on collecting sprees haha

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lengthening the EXP tree makes us spend more time in the same area.

It used to take 26 more EXP per level...

Code:
    Level  1 to  2:   8 EXP
    Level  2 to  3:  16 EXP
    Level  3 to  4:  42 EXP
    Level  4 to  5:  68 EXP
    Level  5 to  6:  94 EXP
    Level  6 to  7: 120 EXP
    Level  7 to  8: 146 EXP
    Level  8 to  9: 172 EXP
    Level  9 to 10: 198 EXP
    Level 10 to 11: 224 EXP
    Level 11 to 12: 250 EXP
    Level 12 to 13: 276 EXP
    Level 13 to 14: 302 EXP
    Level 14 to 15: 328 EXP
    Level 15 to 16: 354 EXP
    Level 16 to 17: 380 EXP
    Level 17 to 18: 406 EXP
    Now at 24-25, it's 1140 and 25-26 is 1368. That's over 200 more EXP.

After seeing this, I don't know how much longer I can play the same maps over and over and over with no missions or anything...

This isn't challenging work. It's just grinding.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Would a random xp bonus multiplier (for whatever you gained on the run) and/or chance at an extra boss drop for fully completed maps do the trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBNobody View Post
    It used to take 26 more EXP per level...

Now at 24-25, it's 1140 and 25-26 is 1368. That's over 200 more EXP.
    And if you look at the history of PL's curve changes (as well as the current curve), the SL's 26-200 XP jump (in PL, the 26 stops at L20) is nothing compared to what we'll probably have in store at higher levels.

Do keep in mind that the XP TNL (to next level) for a bunch of PL levels actually went down on the last change.

IMO, the devs tend to keep the XP TNL a bit higher for us trailblazers while waiting for new content. Once content is made available, there's good probability for XP requirements to go down a little for lower levels since there's nothing for them to wait.

In a way, I'm glad that the XP curves aren't just some simple (or complex) rigid formula. Otherwise, nobody would want to look forward to the million or so XP needed to do hardcore L99 to L100
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Someone in the PL forum recently suggested that they make the mobs from lower lvl dungeons give higher lvl players exp again and make them harder for us (higher lvl players) to kinda give us some alternative other than ginding the same maps over and over. Example, allowing us to go back to forest haven and instead of us just running through an entire map in 30 seconds, make the mobs harder for our level and allow us to keep gaining exp. That would help a little..
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Scaling maps would be cool. kinda like the HM versions of instances that blizz did for Cata.
    Toons:
    Bigtokes: 25 commando
    Bigsmoke: 16 operative
    Bigheals: 17 engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    And if you look at the history of PL's curve changes (as well as the current curve), the SL's 26-200 XP jump (in PL, the 26 stops at L20) is nothing compared to what we'll probably have in store at higher levels.

Do keep in mind that the XP TNL (to next level) for a bunch of PL levels actually went down on the last change.

IMO, the devs tend to keep the XP TNL a bit higher for us trailblazers while waiting for new content. Once content is made available, there's good probability for XP requirements to go down a little for lower levels since there's nothing for them to wait.

In a way, I'm glad that the XP curves aren't just some simple (or complex) rigid formula. Otherwise, nobody would want to look forward to the million or so XP needed to do hardcore L99 to L100
    By that logic, I could either grind away or go play something else until the TNL curve softens.

1. Straight-up XP grinding is boring and will lead me to quit.

2. Giving me an incentive to wait 6 months to level up will lead me to abandon the game eventually.

3. But... Getting to level 31 on 3 characters and maxing out my gear isn't good either because then I have nothing else to do.

We need something to mix it up a bit. Stiffening or softening the EXP curve isn't really a solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Increases sale of 4x elixirs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen:417435
    Someone in the PL forum recently suggested that they make the mobs from lower lvl dungeons give higher lvl players exp again and make them harder for us (higher lvl players) to kinda give us some alternative other than ginding the same maps over and over. Example, allowing us to go back to forest haven and instead of us just running through an entire map in 30 seconds, make the mobs harder for our level and allow us to keep gaining exp. That would help a little..
    Everyone read this quote. I think this is actually a cool idea. (it will be just like frozen nightmares x.x)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Im just loosing intrest in it i liked it cause it was fast paced get it done unlike pl im loosing intrest also cause 55-60 is harder imo than 1-50 but maybe its just me
    Edit: and elixirs 3x 30min for 30 plat pricey especially for 30mins like i was expecting they would up the time someday
    Last edited by razerfingers; 09-15-2011 at 02:10 PM.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:417485
    Im just loosing intrest in it i liked it cause it was fast paced get it done unlike pl im loosing intrest also cause 55-60 is harder imo than 1-50 but maybe its just me
    Edit: and elixirs 3x 30min for 30 plat pricey especially for 30mins like i was expecting they would up the time someday
    I hear yea. It is significantly longer to lvl, but it does give devs enough time to make a masterpiece expansion without lvl 31's breathing down their necks. It is only temporary. The only part I DON'T like is that I need 34,000 for lvl 31. I was expecting like 15-24k.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:417760
    Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:417485
    I hear yea. It is significantly longer to lvl, but it does give devs enough time to make a masterpiece expansion without lvl 31's breathing down their necks. It is only temporary. The only part I DON'T like is that I need 34,000 for lvl 31. I was expecting like 15-24k.
    I would xp quit lolz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yea, 34k is excessive. I think they should scale it down, this is ONLY level 31 of I'm sure many, many, many more planned levels. Should be 20k tops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey guys,

What map has the best xp? Was thinking of doing some xp runs.

Thx
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

interesting discussion. Its true that it gets boring when you reach the level cap while waiting for new levels to be released. this was the main reason why i gave up PL after waiting so long for an update sitting on lvl 45. However, credit to the devs for releasing a nice SL patch relatively quickly - the new maps are quite fun.

but i guess there is still the bigger issue, how do you maintain interest without feeling like the game is just a grind to get XP? Maybe, a relatively easy solution (in terms of developers) is to have a set of lvl 30-31 exclusive hard-core maps which drop some legendary pinks (give ppl interest in running them), but these maps have random enemy spawn (rather than pre-set), using the same enemies from the latest maps (so no extra work needed) but the monsters and maps are much tougher. make it challenging - i actually quite enjoy the risk of death, and the stim-rush of trying to save myself from dying! Maybe have some way of logging the completion rate of the hardcore maps - ie: number of boss kills or something. This gives a goal for people to achieve that isn't solely based on item-drops, and might make for competition at an individual and guild level...... This would help fix my only complaint about the new maps - they are generally far too easy to complete.
    Last edited by Mreeks; 09-18-2011 at 07:56 PM.