Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of Business...thoughts on CS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Out of Business...thoughts on CS

When the 2-level restriction was released, I knew that the CS market would take a hit, but I didn't anticipate that it would affect the prices this much. In the past, a couple months ago, new players rarely plays through each dungeon, they often skip the 'appropriate' dungeons for their level and would power-level in AO1, 2 or 3. At that time, merchants, who would check CS regularily, were like CS gods who can easily control the prices in CS easily. It was heaven for merchants at that time. In the current CS market, most of the more common items had dropped 25-40% in market prices or ESRP (Evolt Suggested Retail Price ). It is quite hard to ‘merch’ because the profit margin is quite low now days. One positive though, is that the prices of ‘rare’ items, like Demon Claw, Block Shield, odd-level Swamp rares...etc, went up significantly. However, these are not items that you could really ‘merch’ because it is so rare.

I used to pocket 1 mil a day from CS, but now, I would be lucky if I can pocket 600k. With Hunzzz Guide to Merching, my sales are hurting and I’m getting out of business (the rumors are true, you are trying to get my out of business Hunzzz...)...farming for drops might be better now days than farming CS. My suggestions to all the new merchants out there, spend more time analyzing the market prices for the items you want to ‘merch’, and set your buying prices lower to anticipate any unexpected ‘flooding’ of items. For the players who are collectors as well, ‘merch’ before collect. Prices of non-discontinued items will drop. For me, I don’t have a Gly set to wear for any of my lvl 60 characters, however, I sell and sold many sets already. When a new dungeon releases, as a merchant, although you have gold, spend wisely and try not to rush in buying the Gly set for 10 mil...I know a player that did this...if you are the type of person that would line up overnight to buy a new PS4 or iPad 4G, then please overspend on the newest items.

The devs should create a ‘Out Of Business’ vanity shield and I would definitely buy it! I’m heading that way anyways...how do other players feel about the ‘new’ CS?
    Insanegunner Lordkarma Bearbricx L50+ Shooter
    Proteuz Montaguez Koshiro Wackymage L50+ Tank
    Evoltsson Cosmiclord Cosmicqueen L50+ Wizard
    Evolt L65 Paladin Founder of Guild Free Suckers

Attempting to fly with my bird... i thought only penguins cant fly?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

New cs huh? Well Ik hunzzz may some times be a jerk (trying not to be rude) but yes the guide created new loops for players to find an Item with 1 or more in cs buy then and resell for 20-50% more:/ for me honestly I don't give a rats behind.. 5mil plus all my cool stuff (wammo, sets, glyph) I'm happy first day I bought glyph sets resold for about 45% more! Good day.. Then lost it all in bigtop armor:/ but hey your better off then a LOT of these other players just gotta keep your head up someone wants to be a jerk, deal with it like co-workers, students parents or anyone... Or click ignore
    ITS A BIRD! ITS A PLANE! ITS A MAGE! ITZYOU!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I was just making fun, Hunzzz is actually quite nice to me, and my pal...CS is an open market and for experienced merchants, there will always be opportunities to make gold, just not as much as before
    Insanegunner Lordkarma Bearbricx L50+ Shooter
    Proteuz Montaguez Koshiro Wackymage L50+ Tank
    Evoltsson Cosmiclord Cosmicqueen L50+ Wizard
    Evolt L65 Paladin Founder of Guild Free Suckers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I DONT LIKE!! I LVLED UP A BIRD AND GOT GREAT DROPS OF 51S AND 53S THAT WOULD HAVE SOLD FOR TONS OF GOLD! NOW I AM HVING A HARD TIME SELLING...:/

dont yelling, all the 30 to 45 lvl stuff that would fund all my new 51 stuff seems to be just about worthless... so if you are getting money for that stuff your doing great!

and devs - yes! i will take that shield too -----lol

Attempting to fly with my bird... i thought only penguins cant fly?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Scammed me couple thousand to a mil... SHH don't tell him I said this he will flame... Again.. For the 3rd time
    ITS A BIRD! ITS A PLANE! ITS A MAGE! ITZYOU!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

My better days of merchanting are also behind me. Have not even listed an item on my main trader since the hollows update.
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itzyou View Post
    Scammed me couple thousand to a mil... SHH don't tell him I said this he will flame... Again.. For the 3rd time
    its not cool to call out people publically.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I noticed that many things are not selling nowadays. Maybe it is a sign thatbless and less ppl are playingbthebgame, hence less demand. I suspect the era of easy money is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evolt View Post
    I was just making fun, Hunzzz is actually quite nice to me, and my pal...CS is an open market and for experienced merchants, there will always be opportunities to make gold, just not as much as before
    They'll need to make a Merchants shield first xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

And I wondered why I failed at merchanting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is probably something I should know, but what do you mean by the 2-level restriction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nevermind. Figured out the answer to my question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nah its because the world is in a Recession.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I understand your frustration as a fellow merchant. But I mean, markets have gotten more efficient over time with more competition coming in, which is very much a positive for the economy. And the fact that traders are making less money only implies that consumers are getting better deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

ikr?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i used to.make somewhat 500k a WEEK, if lucky:/( no sure how u make 600k a week, just amazing) , but how its like 100k a week all the time. i might start lowballing but thats just mean to players;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Are you kidding Evolt? Your really done?...

You, Tankkaar, and Hunzzz inspired me to merchant before Hunzzz created his guide. Before you created your guide! C'mon! I now have no goal, thank you!...

LOL! Still, you guys did inspire me to merchant... You even got me to merchant in Star Legends when I realized that I can make money in Pocket Legends, with minimal gold. And you quittin' the game! How could you

I can see why though...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Are you kidding Evolt? Your really done?...

You, Tankkaar, and Hunzzz inspired me to merchant before Hunzzz created his guide. Before you created your guide! C'mon! I now have no goal, thank you!...

LOL! Still, you guys did inspire me to merchant... You even got me to merchant in Star Legends when I realized that I can make money in Pocket Legends, with minimal gold. And you quittin' the game! How could you

I can see why though...
    is that y ur name is register?O.o
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I know what you mean, Evolt. Its a mad house out there with everyone and there mother thinking they will make millions mechanting or even know how to efficiantly for that matter just because they read a guide.... Lol ... I know i dont have as many slots as you (only a few over 100) but i used to havw no issue keeping them ALL full and grossed about the same 800k to upwards of 1 mil a day. Where now i find on average i have a hard time keeping 20-30 full slots in CS and alot of my stuff i am merching is now all outta cs like the old days for fear of causeing prices to crash again.... Out of business shield for me too please :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well there is so much money in game that folks can quite easily buy what they want. Limited quantity of players for unlimited gold/gear means the prices are bound to drop. I think.