Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills

Just a thought that popped in my mind which I felt I should share.

As rogues are to be kept 'glass', wouldn't it be good to give them the ability to keep a considerable distance (more than that of other classes) from the frontline while still being able to attack?

I believe the range rogues currently have forces them to stay too close to the front lines, which can account for problems with their survivability in PvE and PvP when taking their 'glass' nature into account.

I think increasing the range of ranged rogue skills could help.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-16-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That is true, and it shouldn't affect vs.

Our most powerful skill is the same range as the skill that gets us killed. If aimed shot was suddenly 16MM, it would probably make a considerable difference.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Glass out of the enemies range is unbreakable hehehh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Glass out of the enemies range is unbreakable hehehh
    Well, they have to come in at some point to get heals. Or the glass runs out of mana. It's also not like rooms are endless. They have a finite amount of space so one could only run back for so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    Just a thought that popped in my mind which I felt I should share.

As rogues are to be kept 'glass', wouldn't it be good to give them the ability to keep a considerable distance (more than that of other classes) from the frontline while still being able to attack?

I believe the range rogues currently have forces them to stay too close to the front lines, which can account for problems with their survivability in PvE and PvP when taking their 'glass' nature into account.

I think increasing the range of ranged rogue skills could help.

What do you guys think?

That was one of the things I had thought, but I'm afraid that it makes the veno set be op. Getting hit the enemy at a distance that he can not fight back.
    Last edited by soon; 08-16-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    That was one of the things I had thought, but I'm afraid that it makes the veno set be op. Getting hit the enemy at a distance that he can not fight back.
    Venom set runs out of mana so quickly that I do not know any rogue who would be sane enough to use it full time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I disagree on this , it will make venom set op, as a rouge i think increasing the reduction of razor shield will increase our survivablity, like 1.5%-2% reduction per skill upgrade in razor shield,.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Game changer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blank119 View Post
    I disagree on this , it will make venom set op, as a rouge i think increasing the reduction of razor shield will increase our survivablity, like 1.5%-2% reduction per skill upgrade in razor shield,.
    1.5% is not enough, that would mean 15% damage reduction which is only a mild 5% increase over the current mastery. Damage Reduction need to be about 25%.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1.5% is not enough, that would mean 15% damage reduction which is only a mild 5% increase over the current mastery. Damage Reduction need to be about 25%.
    maybe, 2-2.5% per mastery wil do good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blank119 View Post
    maybe, 2-2.5% per mastery wil do good
    As good as it sounds, its very unlikely the developers will increase rogue survivability via damage reduction because it potentially removes that 'glass' aspect. If the developers really wanted to buff the damage reduction of the razor shield, they would have hinted something on those lines by now, but so far these were their suggestions/changes:

*increase noxus bolt damage.
    *increase the duration of razor shield by 3 seconds.

Aren't bows meant to be used from a distance?
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

As good as it sounds, its very unlikely the developers will increase rogue survivability via damage reduction because it potentially removes that 'glass' aspect. If the developers really wanted to buff the damage reduction of the razor shield, they would have hinted something on those lines by now, but so far these were their suggestions/changes:

*increase noxus bolt damage.
    *increase the duration of razor shield by 3 seconds.

Aren't bows meant to be used from a distance?
    Believe me or not but razor shield 25% damage reduction won't be so OP as juggernaut and arcane shield. However it can make difference in survivability of rogue so they are at least useful vs mages and tanks in clash. Best weapons for rogue at the moment are daggers because they recover armor loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I don't understand, Rog still have the most single target dmg output but they don't want to be fragile. We can't get everything guys. PvP is about teamwork and u can survive and kill a lot if your team mate is focus to covering u the most dmg dealer. The big problem is most of ppl are greed to kill too and don't care about rog survival. My advice is u must choose ur team mate and opponent wisely and if u act like the game changer I believe ur team mate will sacrifice their life for you to winning the game. I don't mind if devs increase dmg reduced and attack range on PvE only but if we talk about PvP, I will say "BIG NO".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zikovsky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Believe me or not but razor shield 25% damage reduction won't be so OP as juggernaut and arcane shield. However it can make difference in survivability of rogue so they are at least useful vs mages and tanks in clash. Best weapons for rogue at the moment are daggers because they recover armor loss.
    The aimed shot and noxus bolt skill can be used with daggers. These skills shoot arrows via a bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

The aimed shot and noxus bolt skill can be used with daggers. These skills shoot arrows via a bow.
    Yeah but you didn't mentioned that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zikovsky View Post
    I don't understand, Rog still have the most single target dmg output but they don't want to be fragile. We can't get everything guys. PvP is about teamwork and u can survive and kill a lot if your team mate is focus to covering u the most dmg dealer. The big problem is most of ppl are greed to kill too and don't care about rog survival. My advice is u must choose ur team mate and opponent wisely and if u act like the game changer I believe ur team mate will sacrifice their life for you to winning the game. I don't mind if devs increase dmg reduced and attack range on PvE only but if we talk about PvP, I will say "BIG NO".
    Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills won't reduce their fragility. It just means they will no longer be forced to stay in the front lines of battle as they do now due to their currently short range.

They aren't mages and can't cast a 2 second invulnerability and 65% damage reduction shield when they feel threatened. They must also actually pick up their packs to get healed as they don't get an instant burst of heal when they want.

They need their distance to survive, just like any other bow (skill) wielding class in any mmorpg.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yeah but you didn't mentioned that
    My apologies, I hope the reply was clear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills won't reduce their fragility. It just means they will no longer be forced to stay in the front lines of battle due to their currently short range.

They aren't mages and can't cast a 2 second invulnerability and 65% damage reduction shield when they feel threatened. They must also actually pick up their packs to get healed as they don't get an instant burst of heal when they want.

They need their distance to survive, just like any other bow (skill) wielding class in any mmorpg.
    This change will take some getting used to if it's implemented. For instance mages will be forced to shield much earlier if they encounter a rogue while isolated. I would expect in the initial period that a lot of mages will get one-hit or one-comboed because they are not used to the extended range. Anyway sounds good in theory because then with 16mm range on arrow skills (and maybe bow autoattack?) we can use that added range better in provoking teams to Nekro/Shield/Jugg/Heal early with a lower risk of getting pulled by a tank's axe (also 16mm range). But we won't know how much of an effect it will have on overall gameplay till we get at least some sort of testing period.
    Last edited by Safiras; 08-17-2016 at 05:08 AM.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    This change will take some getting used to if it's implemented. For instance mages will be forced to shield much earlier if they encounter a rogue while isolated. I would expect in the initial period that a lot of mages will get one-hit or one-comboed because they are not used to the extended range. Anyway sounds good in theory because then with 16mm range on arrow skills (and maybe bow autoattack?) we can use that added range better in provoking teams to Nekro/Shield/Jugg/Heal early with a lower risk of getting pulled by a tank's axe (also 16mm range). But we won't know how much of an effect it will have on overall gameplay till we get at least some sort of testing period.
    Yes, it could take some getting used to.

It could also allow rogues to stay alive long enough to make their damage useful.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Believe me or not 25% damage reduction on razor mastery will make rogue OP in vs a mages. And that longer range will make a mage very easily to die cause rogue will easier to combo a mages, that my point of view if using mages. Well if in warrior view thats not a big problem since warrs got medium health to survive from s rogue combo even in long range, but sure it will make warrior(s) bit hard to kill rogue, so it will be pull the rogue or die in rogue hand