Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing the range of ranged rogue skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    There seems to be no problem with mages currently shielding to rush and focus rogues alongside warriors at the current distance (which is too close to the frontlines). They will only be further back.
    Exactly, it would just encourage sorcerers to use movement skills as well to reach their target. Warriors use SS + Axe to increase the range of axe.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

There seems to be no problem with mages currently shielding to rush and focus rogues alongside warriors. They will only be further back.
    If a mage rushes further and his shield breaks that's a dead mage everytime no matter how you look at it...this wouldn't work unless all ranged skills in game for every class are increased in range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    If a mage rushes further and his shield breaks that's a dead mage everytime no matter how you look at it...this wouldn't work unless all ranged skills in game for every class are increased in range
    There will just have to be new rush tactics engineered towards the new range of the 'glass'. I admit, it'll take some getting used to but rogues currently need this.

Once again, the main rogue skills are bow and arrow based. That pretty much makes 'rogues' a ranger class. Should a mage have equivalent range to a Ranger?
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 01:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Shield and Gale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Shield and Gale.
    There you go, a new rush tactic engineered to the increased range of ranged rogue skills on the house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Shield and Gale.
    So we have to give up quicker attack skill for gale hmm I don't think so gale is no good in pvp unless you're up close so you can stun. And charged gale would take you too far away from your tanks = dead mage making it impossible for a rogue to be killed because tanks won't be able to reach the rogue and mage will be dead by the time he reaches the rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

So we have to give up quicker attack skill for gale hmm I don't think so gale is no good in pvp unless you're up close so you can stun. And charged gale would take you too far away from your tanks = dead mage making it impossible for a rogue to be killed because tanks won't be able to reach the rogue and mage will be dead by the time he reaches the rogue
    Mages will have to adapt.

As a warrior I can only use axe throw as an attacking skill in PvP because I have had to adapt to rogues on my team needing mana. I sacrificed hammer smash for vengeful blood and rely on the DPS on my team to kill.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Mages will have to adapt.

As a warrior I can only use axe throw as an attacking skill in PvP because I have had to adapt to rogues on my team needing mana. I sacrificed hammer smash for vengeful blood and rely on the DPS on my team to kill.
    You're a tank, traditionally tanks are supposed to absorb damage and help the team sustain. Not kill everyone in their path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well, sorcerers shouldn't be able to rush rogues and get away with it. Sorcerers are support first and damage second. If they can simply rush the rogue and make sure he dies then something is wrong.

Oh, and yes, I know how to play sorcerer. It's very easy and the fact that you can completely dismantle any rogues on the opposing side is a joke.

I think I need to start putting up YouTube videos as a sorcerer because nobody is really brave enough to admit it on forums.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Well, sorcerers shouldn't be able to rush rogues and get away with it. Sorcerers are support first and damage second. If they can simply rush the rogue and make sure he dies then something is wrong.

Oh, and yes, I know how to play sorcerer. It's very easy and the fact that you can completely dismantle any rogues on the opposing side is a joke.

I think I need to start putting up YouTube videos as a sorcerer because nobody is really brave enough to admit it on forums.
    If multiple mages are rushing that's a dead rogue but if one mage rushes that rogue can kill that mage easily....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    You're a tank, traditionally tanks are supposed to absorb damage and help the team sustain. Not kill everyone in their path.

Traditionally mages are a support class so their presence shouldn't remove the need for the highest damage class in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Traditionally mages are a support class so their presence shouldn't remove the need for the highest damage class in game.
    I've never played a game where mages were completely the "support" class you speak of. The problem lies with the rogue class, not the other two. This is a good suggestion but anyone with bad ping will suffer if this is implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I've never played a game where mages were completely the "support" class you speak of. The problem lies with the rogue class, not the other two. This is a good suggestion but anyone with bad ping will suffer if this is implemented.

Anyone with bad ping normally suffers in PvP.

You can't have played all games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If multiple mages are rushing that's a dead rogue but if one mage rushes that rogue can kill that mage easily....
    And what do you think happens during a mage stack? There's nothing a rogue can do.

And no, a sorcerer can usually hold his own against a rogue. Especially if the sorcerer waits until the rogue nekro shield wears off...then the rogue is a one combo KO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Anyone with bad ping normally suffers in PvP.

You can't have played all games.
    Currently playing World of Warcraft which is one of the biggest MMORPG's, all 3 mage specs are damage types and offer no support features

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Currently playing World of Warcraft which is one of the biggest MMORPG's, all 3 mage specs are damage types and offer no support features

One game.

I asked for your opinion on my suggestion btw.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-17-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

And what do you think happens during a mage stack? There's nothing a rogue can do.

And no, a sorcerer can usually hold his own against a rogue. Especially if the sorcerer waits until the rogue nekro shield wears off...then the rogue is a one combo KO.
    One rogue shouldn't be able to take out a stack of mages and if a mage is holding his own long enough to wait for nekro shield to wear off that rogue obviously isn't trying to kill the mage as its one combo and a aim to break shield and one more combo to kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

One rogue shouldn't be able to take out a stack of mages and if a mage is holding his own long enough to wait for nekro shield to wear off that rogue obviously isn't trying to kill the mage as its one combo and a aim to break shield and one more combo to kill
    If you rush a mage as a rogue, especially during a mage stack to get him to shield, what will happen is your nekro shield will fade and then you will end up being stunned/slowed right in the middle of the combat room. Please, try killing a mage stack on your rogue. You have to be very very skilled, even if the sorcerers are very crappy. This shouldn't be the case at all.

And no, one rogue shouldn't be able to take out a stack of mages. However, a rogue should be able to live if his team is covering him. Yet, in a mage rush that's not the case. The fact is once Nekro fades, a sorcerer hits so hard (even if he's just alone) that there's no option for a rogue other then death.

Lets do this, shall we? I'll level and play my sorcerer, you play your rogue. I will stack sorcerers on my team and see what happens to your rogue. After that, we can swap you and add in another rogue that may be better geared and see what happens to that rogue. After that, we swap that rogue for another rogue as well. The outcome will be the same...every single time.

It doesn't matter who the rogue is or how skilled he is. Even a mediocre sorcerer can make a rogue useless in PvP team play. The fact is when warriors and sorcerers are together, the survivability is too damn high for DPS to overcome. What's the point of DPS if they cannot out damage the heals or even live to try to out damage the heals?

P.S: You can try rushing my sorcerer to get me to shield. You will see exactly what happens...and it isn't pretty for the rogue.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-17-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

If you rush a mage as a rogue, especially during a mage stack to get him to shield, what will happen is your nekro shield will fade and then you will end up being stunned/slowed right in the middle of the combat room. Please, try killing a mage stack on your rogue. You have to be very very skilled, even if the sorcerers are very crappy.
    I've killed many mages on my rogue but never tried a mage stack but I don't think I would try to kill 2+ mages at a time lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I've killed many mages on my rogue but never tried a mage stack but I don't think I would try to kill 2+ mages at a time lol
    So what do you think happens? You can't go up to force them to shield. If you do, your Nekro shield disappears 2 seconds later. Even if you pop razor, you lack survivability so the next lightning will hit you and you're dead. If you stay back, the sorcerers just wait till your Nekro shield is worn off then rush you. They WILL catch up to you because sorc shield ignores speed debuffs, so they're moving much faster than you are.

In fact, at the moment...mage stack is so efficient that it can overcome a warrior stack as well.