Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone finished the banished set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    ._. I welcome pies thrown into my face! Gimme moar pies pls esteaes! I think the free underhul wasn't nearly a big game changer almost everyone had the glintstone set, even a noob like me who didn't have to get it, since I wasnt even going for APs at the end of the day

Nooo! 1-3 fangs in an hour ezpz before expansion, more if you didnt use heal unless you're a warrior, a warrior uses his heal to magnetise all the drops to party
    Yup, Underhul sets wasn't a big deal to me, at least, but to others who I know sold their priced possesions to buy those fangs, cried a bit more.

And yes, I am that unlucky. Ended up buying those fangs hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    What is wrong with super rare items which grant everyone the chance to hit the jackpot on a run without being a gamechanger in pvp or general pve?
    Obviously we are missing a middle tier of set items in reach of everyone this season, but that does not mean the ultra rares should not exist.
    As you're alluding to, having an ultra-rare item is something that should happen only if an abundance of gear of lesser rarity already exists. As it stands now, there is no new middle-class gear to farm/loot and there hasn't been for over a year. STS skipped right past the rowboats, motorboats, sailboats and fishing boats and went straight for the luxury yachts. Bully for the 1% who have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to spend on the game, but everyone else is left twisting in the sea-breeze. Is it any wonder that the middle class population of the game continues to drop?
    Last edited by Niixed; 08-19-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So yesterday Maarkus, Focus and myself did 4 runs to Elite Hugal, which took a total of about 45 minutes or so. In those 4 runs, the total gold rewards alone were more than 10k for me. On top of that, I looted a level 56 legendary gun and an Elite Golden Chest. The chest I sold for 105k in the auction (took 15 minutes to sell), and the gun I listed for 200k and am still waiting. So that was certainly a good 45 minutes for me. I did die around 30 times in the 4 runs, but since I don't have either of the 2 sets, that is to be expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    As you're alluding to, having an ultra-rare item is something that should happen only if an abundance of gear of lesser rarity already exists. As it stands now, there is no new middle-class gear to farm/loot and there hasn't been for over a year. STS skipped right past the rowboats, motorboats, sailboats and fishing boats and went straight for the luxury yachts. Bully for the 1% who have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to spend on the game, but everyone else is left twisting in the sea-breeze. Is it any wonder that the middle class population of the game continues to drop?
    In season before, sts rushed to deliver gears & weaps at the start of the seasons. Mid way through the season, many complained because there was nothing to farm. Prices bombed and market became saturated. Sts has designed more ways this season than any other seasons to make gold. This season there is more ways to mix and match gears and weaps, giving many players the chance to have arc weaps, unlike seasons before. I think sometimes we forget to see what we have verses what we dont have. (I only wear the antignome vest, the rest of my gear and weaps are lvl 41-56)
    Last edited by Avaree; 08-19-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So yesterday Maarkus, Focus and myself did 4 runs to Elite Hugal, which took a total of about 45 minutes or so. In those 4 runs, the total gold rewards alone were more than 10k for me. On top of that, I looted a level 56 legendary gun and an Elite Golden Chest. The chest I sold for 105k in the auction (took 15 minutes to sell), and the gun I listed for 200k and am still waiting. So that was certainly a good 45 minutes for me. I did die around 30 times in the 4 runs, but since I don't have either of the 2 sets, that is to be expected.
    Other people with less powerful friends than you would settle for runs in KM3 where you could possibly farm the equivalent of 1 massive cryostar locked crate in one luck elixir's time limit(30 minutes). And for the most part, people don't die while running for locked crates. Running pugs in even Elite Southern Gates can be painful considering you can die loads because people do all sorts of stupid things and have little compensation for all those deaths and wasted minutes. Sad fact remains that there is not enough desirable loot to be obtained from the new Elite dungeons to entice people to stop farming at a tomb dungeon from 6 seasons ago.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lissil View Post
    Making gears easy and simple to get may encourage new players for sure, but the hype will die out quickly as well. It would definitely get boring.

In my opinion, catching up to players who have better gears and pets is one of the things that keep this game alive. Knowing it is hard to catch up to them makes me want to work for it harder. Hard earned achievements are more satisfying than easy, anyone can get it ones. I am not a very big gamer that tried out a hundred of games out there, but, I do understand that rare sets like these, that take a tremendous amount of work is something that makes few players be competitive and want to get it.

If you were one of those players that does these kinds of quests, wouldn't you agree that seeing something you worked so hard for get trashed by something so easy to get is a bit disappointing? Or trashed by people that does not have it or do not even dare to do it?
    don't you think its over kill the amount of work for the banished set. . I do and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
    by simple I don't mean go pop a few lock and yay I got good Gear!. . . crafting imbued set was fairly simple and it was the best farming season ever imo. .
    sts has messed up with these banished sets. . they have made it so hard that many don't even care to do it. . and I learn from my mistakes( glintset -I got pie in my face)
    I don't think it was Sts aim to make a "few people competitive" but rather the whole community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lissil View Post

Oh and since you mentioned not comparing Glintstone sets and Banish sets, what's the point of that last "paragraph." Stating that Glintstone sets have an advantage over Banish sets just because of how the bonus works in all maps and how easy to get it is a stretch. But I want to point out that sure, fangs are easy to get NOW, but not so much before the Underhul expansion. You could farm for five hours and get 1-3 fangs, more if you're lucky.
    I was replying to Aviks post. .
    " Even if the set in itself isn't upgradable(banished) it should see some role or use in the next expansion. Like how fangs are still needed for dimensional bridge elixir and glintstone set"

I'm sure when he used the word "like" he was comparing something and not showing affection for something :-P
    he made the comparison between the three items. . I was just stating why they are not same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    don't you think its over kill the amount of work for the banished set. . I do and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
    by simple I don't mean go pop a few lock and yay I got good Gear!. . . crafting imbued set was fairly simple and it was the best farming season ever imo. .
    sts has messed up with these banished sets. . they have made it so hard that many don't even care to do it. . and I learn from my mistakes( glintset -I got pie in my face)
    I don't think it was Sts aim to make a "few people competitive" but rather the whole community.
    Sure it's overkill, and too few are doing it, but looking at the bonus on that set, although limited use, I think it is worth it. Sts did mention on a thread before explaining that the power curve on the items they did release before was skewed too much since the release of arcane ring and planar pendant. That is exactly why I do understand the limited area of the bonus.

An item's worth is always subject to some debate, as just like in real life, there will always be people with enough resources that will spend tremendous amounts of money on something that another person will think is silly.

Furthermore, people kept complaining how arcanes are now the new legendaries because everyone can have it so easily. Having something this rare thrown into the mix is stepping into the variety that they were going for.

In these times in which a lot of people are complaining about repetitive runs in KM3 and Planar Arena, this is what keeps me busy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lissil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As I said before, it's not the difficulty that is the problem. The set needs to be more useful and have a longer shelf life. If I knew that the set would be useful to me for a year or two after crafting it, I would definitely start the process even if I knew it would take me 6 months.

Currently my fear is that if I start crafting the set, by the time I finish it will no longer be useful and then I will have wasted a ton of time and gold.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I feel the biggest reason people gave up on elite underhul 2 and 3 is because of the fact that the event gear from crates is exactly as good as the best lvl 56 armor and helm you farm from the elite maps. I remember being happy to pay 600-800k for a beetleborn brutality armor, but then rotting spirit came and was given the exact same stats. I suppose arcane gun ruined gun farming from hugal but that is reasonable because it is after all arcane.

In the future, I feel event gear should be noticeably worse than elite gear, but not ridiculously underpowered. Kind of like the difference between a 3 eye arcane ring and a regular gem arcane ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I suppose arcane gun ruined gun farming from hugal but that is reasonable because it is after all arcane.
    I wouldn't say that... I looted the "fatality" version of the gun yesterday and sold it for 215k in the auction. And that is not even one of the best versions of that gun. Yes, it's not worth 1m+, but 215k is not bad at all, and some of the better versions go for 400-500k.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I wouldn't say that... I looted the "fatality" version of the gun yesterday and sold it for 215k in the auction. And that is not even one of the best versions of that gun. Yes, it's not worth 1m+, but 215k is not bad at all, and some of the better versions go for 400-500k.
    Yes exactly my point. I sold the better versions for over 1-1.5m before arcane gun was announced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Does anyone even has a banish amulet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    Does anyone even has a banish amulet?
    Same as we said yesterday, only one player has the banished amulet. We will post in the banished quest guide when we loot the banished amulet That thread is found in the players guide or CLICK HERE to keep updated
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Same as we said yesterday, only one player has the banished amulet. We will post in the banished quest guide when we loot the banished amulet That thread is found in the players guide or CLICK HERE to keep updated
    Its so rare ava, i think its impossible to loot one (( specially with current farming rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Its so rare ava, i think its impossible to loot one (( specially with current farming rate.
    Im ok with it, gives me something to do.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Again: You can only loot it with the Dimensional Bridge Potion, which only a handfull of players are able to craft because they have the quest almost completed. We do our best

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Again: You can only loot it with the Dimensional Bridge Potion, which only a handfull of players are able to craft because they have the quest almost completed. We do our best
    The dimensional portal opens specifically on a month after a certain amount on elix has been comsumed, approximately 100k elix, then the week is determined by the phase pf the moon, the day of the week is determined by the awakening of northal and cryostar boss and the hour is determined by the difference of the time taken between the bosses waking up then the minute is determined by the 100th northal or cryostar boss killed for that day within the period of both bosses active and the second is determined by a dice roll made by a dev which recives an sms alert on their phone that the chance is there for a portal when the above criteria is met, the second is determined by the dice rol, six sided dice, so roll a 1 and the first 10 seconds of that minute is the chance to open the portal then on that 10 second window a party of all lvl56 with dimensional elix is active needs to stun the boss while under the mage clock skill effects and the final death of the voss is by a charged aimed shot of a rogue so u need all classes in party. When all that is met the server will generate a number between 1-1000, if that number is 13 then the portal will open and if u have been reading until now you would have realized this is a not factual and the author is trying to make light of the insane drop rate
    Thanks for reading.
    I hope you were entertained well atleast to lessen the frustration of farmin the banish amulet well mostly my frustration lolz.
    -Maarkus

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    The dimensional portal opens specifically on a month after a certain amount on elix has been comsumed, approximately 100k elix, then the week is determined by the phase pf the moon, the day of the week is determined by the awakening of northal and cryostar boss and the hour is determined by the difference of the time taken between the bosses waking up then the minute is determined by the 100th northal or cryostar boss killed for that day within the period of both bosses active and the second is determined by a dice roll made by a dev which recives an sms alert on their phone that the chance is there for a portal when the above criteria is met, the second is determined by the dice rol, six sided dice, so roll a 1 and the first 10 seconds of that minute is the chance to open the portal then on that 10 second window a party of all lvl56 with dimensional elix is active needs to stun the boss while under the mage clock skill effects and the final death of the voss is by a charged aimed shot of a rogue so u need all classes in party. When all that is met the server will generate a number between 1-1000, if that number is 13 then the portal will open and if u have been reading until now you would have realized this is a not factual and the author is trying to make light of the insane drop rate
    Thanks for reading.
    I hope you were entertained well atleast to lessen the frustration of farmin the banish amulet well mostly my frustration lolz.
    -Maarkus
    I think we almost looted it today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Thanks for reading.
    -Maarkus
    Lmao!!!!!!!