Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone finished the banished set?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

If someone wants to sell me the ring to be able to continue the quest I'd be glad to help hunt the amulet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Thanks for the info!

Well, imho there is something extremely wrong with nobody having this set after that many months into the expansion. Maybe our beloved developers should get busy with issues like that instead of releasing vanities and furniture every week
    +10000000, well said ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

This guy here shows up in glintstone sometimes:

And i won't give up, lol!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Glintstone - unpopular
    Antignome - even more unpopular
    Banished - so unpopular that only ONE player has obtained it

I'm sensing a pattern here.
    Lol yes, next time people won't even know that the set exists .

Jokes aside the reasons for those being unpopular are different. The glintstone set had extremely bad stats for the dps classes and a set bonus with questionable usefulness.

The new sets are on the other hand great stats (provided u get the best variants) and even greater set bonus, however the whole crafting quests way too complicated, lengthy and extremely reliant on RNG and RNG within RNG within RNG, thus making it infeasible and most importantly unbearably unpleasant to try to farm it.

Well let's hope that the third time is going to be a charm

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saud View Post
    It's hard to get these Sets
    Which it's awesome because rare things have great value
    But, I think the core need to drop from all elite bosses
    So it's more worthy to run these elite
    Cryostar wake 2 times in a week
    The only way to let these sets Get hunt crazy by players
    If they let the Antignome and Banished work on the new expansion
    That way more players will run to get it
    if you start hunting the pieces
    You will finish banished and new expansion arrives - which is defeating
    I am just really hoping the devs make the sets work on multi expansion
    @Justg Pls?

Edit: Also actually if actually making the sets work on next expansion will make Tindiran and Glinstone And underhul more active.
    Definitely agree on making the set bonus work in other maps too to add desirability and usefulness of the Banish set.

As for making more people hunt and actually do the quest, giving it some achievement points would definitely be a factor. As it stands, a complete Banish set is more difficult to obtain than Glintstone set. I'd say completing Banish quest is more of an achievement than Glintstone. However, the pieces being tradable and very reliant on luck, would just make some people whine that only rich people would get the achievement.

As for making it drop on all elite bosses from Glintstone maps, I completely disagree. This will make the raw cryostar core and banish armor market to crash considering how fast it is to run Elite Southern Gates. I'd rather have them increase the drop rate just a little bit on Elite Cryostar. At least it won't affect market as much because you would need to kill two bosses for it. That's probably a 20-30 minute run against the 5-6 minute run in Elite Southern Gates and 10-13 minute run on Elite Umbral Chamber (depends on the party).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    He's missing the amulet. Last I heard he was still at Elite Misty Grotto searching for the rainbow bridge XD I think the other people who were searching for it have either already given up or only gotten the parts of the set they need. For instance I think Papa is using the Banished helm and armor because they are the current best items in their item class for all character classes.

The set requires too much effort to obtain. Even the Antignome ser requires a significant investment of time. Too few people farm for it and those who do demand an obscene amount of gold for an item that on its own isn't even the best of its item class in terms of stats. The sets are just too difficult to obtain, and there's very little incentive to make the effort to get them.
    Yea I have all the helms not the armor. I got the quest bc maarkus was nice enough to lend me his ring to start the quest. I had full anti set but have been selling it off piece by piece. I would be interested in the armor as I think most are but the prices are out of my range atm. The Antignome set put me back many 10s of millions. Just can't afford continuing anymore. The elixir for the amulet does cost a vial to make which is ofc 15 orc fangs and even though they are cheaper than they were, they aren't exactly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm pretty sure 90% of the community can't afford the set, 5% aren't lucky enough, 4% don't even bother, and 1% are still trying.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elshaddoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

At this point if they make it easier to obtain these sets, then I think that is not fair for those who worked so hard to get them. (BTW, I do not own any "set" items, so this is not a self serving suggestion)

I think the main reason it is so hard to craft this set is because nobody is running the dungeons -- kind of circular reasoning, but it's not popular because it's not popular -- nobody runs the dungeons, because it's hard to find anyone interested to run with.

I like that it is very hard to obtain these sets -- it keeps them special and somewhat exclusive. But if you decide you want to pursue it, then you should be able to find PUGs to run with on a regular basis -- kind of like how you could always find PUGs running to Elite Jarl in seasons 1 & 2, or Elite South Seas in season 3, or even the Planar tombs in season 7.

So what's the solution? Here is an idea...

Do something to make the set more useful. For the last 2 years, expansions seem to come about once per year. We are already a few months into this expansion, so most people (including me) are thinking that it's not worth the effort to make this set that will soon outlive its usefulness. Especially since the Glintstone set from last season turned out to be such a bust.

However, if STS were to announce that the banished set will be upgradable next season, and will also give a set bonus in the next expansion's dungeons, then I think it would encourage people to work hard for the set since it will be useful for the next 18 months or so.

And when I say "upgradable", I do NOT mean by a quest that takes 3 hours (i.e. the season 5 mythic armor & helm upgrade quests). I mean upgradable with a real series of quests, not so different in difficulty to the quests to create the banished set in the first place.

So the banished set bonus would be both usable in the next expansion's dungeons, and the set itself would be required to craft next season's "set".

This will also solve another issue, which is the lack of interest in the "middle levels" as JustG posted last week. By having continuing quests, where last season's is required for next season, then you will create a more interesting pathway towards endgame.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    One thing I think the game lacks is stepping stones for the lower half of the economy, as of now they really don't have much choice. Arena and km3 are the only two things for them. After gearing up to a certain extent they can go to tindirin and rengol but these maps are half as efficient as km3. Most people just wait it out for events when they can sell of the locks they were hoarding and farm something which is comparable to km3 when it comes to gold/hour.
    I totally disagree. I've been working on my elite APs, so I've sort of discovered this by accident. But farming some of the lower elite dungeons can be very profitable. No, you are not going to find any items worth 1m+. But you can make a steady amount of gold, much better than KM3 or Arena. For example, I can solo Elite South Seas in about 1.5 minutes. Even a lower gear end game player can do it in 2. Once every 3 or 4 runs, a silver elite runner chest drops, which I can sell for 2.5k. Once every 10 or so runs, an elite golden pirate chest drops which I can sell for 5-7k. And since I've been running these dungeons for speed and for the APs, these odds I'm telling you are with NO lep, no elixir, no luck rerolls. With a lep and/or elixir, the odds will be significantly better.

Another good place to farm is Rockhorn Summit (non-elite). You won't get anything good from the boss, except an occasional tooth, but you will get a ton of jewels. Runs there take 3-4 minutes, and usually drop 3 or more jewels. Plus there are 5 daily quests you can do which total around 5k in rewards. Spend an hour there each day, and you will make 20k-30k easy, and again that is with no luck elixirs.

There are plenty of places to farm and earn a steady amount of gold. Problem is everyone is looking for the big payday, so they farm dead city for hours and get nothing. Just like in real life, best strategy is to earn a steady paycheck and save your money. Do that for a few months, and you can afford almost all of the top gear. Maybe not a banished set, but most everything else.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

if banished sets do become upgradable . . how will new players ever catch up.
    many old players have left already. .
    it would be wise to encourage new players and keep things simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    Simple = boring

You catch up over time. If the pathway to catching up is fun, then nobody will be in such a rush to catch up. The reason everyone wants to rush to catch up currently is because the pathway to endgame is so boring. Make it more fun, and then nobody will be in such a hurry.

Remember that this is a game, meant to be fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Simple = boring

You catch up over time. If the pathway to catching up is fun, then nobody will be in such a rush to catch up. The reason everyone wants to rush to catch up currently is because the pathway to endgame is so boring. Make it more fun, and then nobody will be in such a hurry.

Remember that this is a game, meant to be fun.
    have you been able to catch up yet?
    how many pieces do you have ?
    you are right. . game is supposed to be fun
    current mechanics to get banished set is a pain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I think the main reason it is so hard to craft this set is because nobody is running the dungeons -- kind of circular reasoning, but it's not popular because it's not popular -- nobody runs the dungeons, because it's hard to find anyone interested to run with.
    Not really. Nobody runs Elite Underhul 2 and 3 specifically (1 is somewhat active), because there is simply nothing you can loot and make an adequate profit. And by "adequate" I mean this: if you can run the newest and hardest maps in the game at least somewhat efficiently, you should be able to make a bigger profit than, say, a map like km3. Maybe not in the short term (4-5-6 runs), but after a respectable amount of runs - let's say about 60, which is what you need to farm a Breeze for example. I am sorry, but this is nowhere near the case here. You can't make super hard maps and expect people to run them for the uber rare chance to loot a banished ring or whatever it is that drops there and basically nothing else. Of course it's way better to mindlessly run Dead City for a chance at an arcane chest - only thing you waste there is your time.

Let me tell you I am geared enough to survive a lot of mob one-hits (which is one of the most mind boggling things in this game, but that's for another discussion, I guess), meaning I don't really use as many ankhs as the average endgamer. Same goes for pots (rarely mentioned, but actually a big gold drain in Underhul) and lixes (lately I usually run on doll buffs only). And I still find Underhul 2 and 3 utterly pointless to run. It's very sad, because I love the design of these maps, but that's the reality. I am sure STS can and do check the activity on their maps, especially their newest ones, and this makes it even more puzzling - your newest, hardest, well-designed, beautiful maps are dead, yet you do nothing to fix this.

But if you decide you want to pursue it, then you should be able to find PUGs to run with on a regular basis -- kind of like how you could always find PUGs running to Elite Jarl in seasons 1 & 2, or Elite South Seas in season 3, or even the Planar tombs in season 7.
    I don't know about Season 1, but I remember Tombs quite well. Let's elaborate a bit.

Tombs at release weren't easier than Underhul. I'd actually argue they were harder (before they were nerfed a bit; and also due to the bad lag/dc issues back then). Yet people started running them on day 1, including me. We complained about the difficulty, of course. We wasted dozen of ankhs per run before we realized how to run them efficiently. And even then I remember I used to consider 5-6 deaths a good run. I actually do Citadel with fewer deaths on average now. Difference is 5-6 ankhs in Tombs was still a nice profit in the medium-to-long run. Underhul isn't. There was no jackpot-like loot like banished items, but there was Breeze, which maintained a nice price even after the multiple nerfs. And you knew you would eventually get one after 60-70-80 runs. You would also loot planar chests from time to time, and those were worth a lot for a long time; unlike elite chests in later expansions. Not to mention vials after a certain point in time. And the best thing is, I could practically cover my pots/ankhs/lixes just by looting pink weps and locks.

Compare this with Underhul. What do we have here? Banished items - I've never seen a drop. Mythic weapons - I've seen only one such drop. Not to mention those mythic weapons, or to be precise their farming was rendered pointless first by introducing them in locks, and then once again by releasing arcane weapons a bit later. I mean, these things lost like 90% of their value in a matter of weeks. And not because of overfarming, mind you. The prices of everything else are just LOL compared to Tombs equivalents.

So, yeah, you can stop wondering why there are no pugs now.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

What is wrong with super rare items which grant everyone the chance to hit the jackpot on a run without being a gamechanger in pvp or general pve?
    Obviously we are missing a middle tier of set items in reach of everyone this season, but that does not mean the ultra rares should not exist.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I disagree, I think the banished set is a nice goal to have for this expansion or even the next expansion.

The one thing I would like STS to encourage is farming as many elites as possible and the banished set gives us just that next expansion if nott this expansion.

Even if the set in itself isn't upgradable(banished) it should see some role or use in the next expansion. Like how fangs are still needed for dimensional bridge elixir and glintstone set warriors are still viable partners to run with/from(I'm sure both the pvp and pve community appreciate how amazing the warrior glintstone set is, nott the nott set which was as useful as a rubber ducky in a gun fight).
    it is a nice set to farm but its very very hard to obtain. . another reason I don't wannafarm it is cause its bonus only works in few maps(maybe sts did that to preserve future expansion content)
    sts did a good job at start of expansion to encourage new players by giving them a free mythic set. . thus giving them hope to be able to compete with old players. I'm sure they will follow the same trend in next expansion.

what role do you wanna see banished set do in future? I can't see any except conversion to next expansion currency coins. banished set should not have a major advantage in next expansion. . if it does its just goin put off future new players and current players( more than 99%) who don't have the set. . this game really needs new players

you can't compare a crafted set like banished to fangs or glint set
    banished set (crafted set)very hard to get- fangs (crafting ingredient )very easy to get
    glint set has a major advantage over banished set. . its bonus works in all Maps! pve and pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ultra rare is become less ultra rarer day by day
    Working on the rareness daily.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It would be great if the banish set buffs would apply to all dungeon and to the next expansion ,im sure more ppl will hunt it and it more easy to hunt in elite, just saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    What is wrong with super rare items which grant everyone the chance to hit the jackpot on a run without being a gamechanger in pvp or general pve?
    Obviously we are missing a middle tier of set items in reach of everyone this season, but that does not mean the ultra rares should not exist.
    I don't think anyone says ultra rares shouldn't exist. What at least I am saying is that you can't expect only an ultra rare to motivate people to run hard, time consuming, gold draining maps. Now, we don't have statistics of course, but I bet Underhul 2 and 3 aren't even in the top 5 of elite maps in terms of activity. I don't know about you, but I find this sad.

I wasn't here during earlier seasons, that's why I usually make Tindirin and Tombs comparisons. So, imagine for a second Elite Underhul with its ultra rare loot + something like Breeze purchasable for coins (for example the three new pets) + something like vials, worth 100-200k + a chest, exclusively containing the best helm/armor (or belt or whatever). So much stuff was released in locks or directly for plat. And nothing cool and with a reasonable drop rate in the newest elites. It's Rengol all over again, and no amount of ultra rares can change that.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Making gears easy and simple to get may encourage new players for sure, but the hype will die out quickly as well. It would definitely get boring.

In my opinion, catching up to players who have better gears and pets is one of the things that keep this game alive. Knowing it is hard to catch up to them makes me want to work for it harder. Hard earned achievements are more satisfying than easy, anyone can get it ones. I am not a very big gamer that tried out a hundred of games out there, but, I do understand that rare sets like these, that take a tremendous amount of work is something that makes few players be competitive and want to get it.

If you were one of those players that does these kinds of quests, wouldn't you agree that seeing something you worked so hard for get trashed by something so easy to get is a bit disappointing? Or trashed by people that does not have it or do not even dare to do it?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to lissil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

it is a nice set to farm but its very very hard to obtain. . another reason I don't wannafarm it is cause its bonus only works in few maps(maybe sts did that to preserve future expansion content)
    sts did a good job at start of expansion to encourage new players by giving them a free mythic set. . thus giving them hope to be able to compete with old players. I'm sure they will follow the same trend in next expansion.

what role do you wanna see banished set do in future? I can't see any except conversion to next expansion currency coins. banished set should not have a major advantage in next expansion. . if it does its just goin put off future new players and current players( more than 99%) who don't have the set. . this game really needs new players

you can't compare a crafted set like banished to fangs or glint set
    banished set (crafted set)very hard to get- fangs (crafting ingredient )very easy to get
    glint set has a major advantage over banished set. . its bonus works in all Maps! pve and pvp
    Something this hard to get should have its advantages. The reason why the Glintstone sets, mainly mage and rogue sets, are such a let down is because the supposed advantage it gave was not worth stats you would sacrifice. Furthermore, a few months after the release, the free Underhul sets with better stats came out which is basically like throwing pie on the face of the people who did the Glintstone sets.

As for new players being discouraged by the gap in gears, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it that new players do have to put a bit of work to catch up to old players in any game? It seems pointless for a player to stay in a game, work to develop their toon, if a new player can catch up to you within a week or so.

Oh and since you mentioned not comparing Glintstone sets and Banish sets, what's the point of that last "paragraph." Stating that Glintstone sets have an advantage over Banish sets just because of how the bonus works in all maps and how easy to get it is a stretch. But I want to point out that sure, fangs are easy to get NOW, but not so much before the Underhul expansion. You could farm for five hours and get 1-3 fangs, more if you're lucky.