Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weekly Update | 8/18/16 | New Mythic Triforce Pets, More Bug Fixes

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Weekly Update | 8/18/16 | New Mythic Triforce Pets, More Bug Fixes

From a long-forgotten realm, we bring you these three new Mythic pets to aid your quest:

Introducing:

Ellie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellie.JPG 
Views:	3447 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	154255 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellie_stats.JPG 
Views:	3446 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	154256

Gobi

Name:	Gobi.JPG 
Views:	3439 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	154257 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gobi_stats.JPG 
Views:	3499 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	154258

and Hawken

Name:	Hawkin.JPG 
Views:	3420 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	154259 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawken_stats.JPG 
Views:	3417 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	154260

The most interesting thing about these guys is they can combo off of each other for devastating results.

Combos:

Arrow Rain + Healing Spring = Acid Rain
    • Deals increased damage in a wider area
    • Enemies affected by the damage will also receive a lingering acid effect that persists for a few moments after you leave the area.

Healing Spring + Arrow Rain = Radiance
    • Heals allies within a wider area
    • Creates packs which remain for 1 minute and will regen health/mana on pickup.

Healing Spring + Battle Zone = Battle Medic
    • Increased Heals to allies within a wider area
    • Allies within Battle Medic heal themselves on dealing damage

Battle Zone + Healing Spring = War Zone
    • Increases damage of allies / slows enemies within a wider area
    • Grants allies a Heal over Time and Armor buff which remains when they leave the area of War Zone

Battle Zone + Arrow Rain = Fire Power
    • Increases damage of allies / slows enemies within a wider area
    • Creates battle packs on the ground that grant a shield to allies when picked up (do not stack)

Arrow Rain + Battle Zone = Hard Strike
    • Deals increased damage in a wider area
    • Enemies within Hard Strike are rooted on creation and have their armor reduced while standing inside the Hard Strike.

Here is a quick flick of their tricks and play animations:

These three Mythic Pets will be available in the Stable Store for a limited time.

Pet Egg Rotation

Available this week in Massive Cryo Locked are:

+ Hammerjaw
    + Shady and Surge
    + Munch Mouth

This is the farewell appearance of Shady and Surge and Hammerjaw eggs, we won't see them again for awhile so if you want them, now is your chance!

Additional things in today's build include:

+ Tyrannica's Rainbow Night activated ability now properly targets appropriate enemy players when cast in PvP
    + Fixed a bug with Lifegiver Mastery so that it properly uses targets health for healing percentage
    + Reduced global cool down of Shadow Piercer to better be in line with other abilities
    + All Bard Quests conclusions now lead to Outpost

Let us know your thoughts when you get a chance, and thanks!

- g
    Last edited by Justg; 08-18-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Reduced shadow pierce cooldown? To 1 sec?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Any chance getting those pet from cryo?
    Maybe,,,

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you sts for tweaks to shadow piercer. Aaand soo muuch for this bard update :,D
    BIAŁE ORŁY
    Top 1 Polish Guild

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matiusjohntw View Post
    Reduced shadow pierce cooldown? To 1 sec?

This is the global cooldown related to Shadow Piercer, meaning the time your other abilities are disabled directly after using Shadow Piercer. This does not affect how often you can use Shadow Piercer.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Omg why no events?

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    This is the global cooldown related to Shadow Piercer, meaning the time your other abilities are disabled directly after using Shadow Piercer. This does not affect how often you can use Shadow Piercer.
    Woahhh i see, i misunderstood, thanks VRoom

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dangdevil View Post
    Omg why no events?
    We're not yet at the point where we can release events every week (though we know you would like that). We're working on some major things, some of which you know about (like guild battlegrounds, halloween, etc.) and some of which you don't (like... well... some other cool things we'll talk about soon).

Bottom line is we don't have events every week, but we do try to have at least something fresh every week, in between major and minor events.
    | | | |

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Really can't get over how awesome these pets are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

What happened to adding Stainglass windows and jarls door to house store?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Nice, thanks devs
    -
    Is there mini event next week?
    Craftmania would be good..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dangdevil View Post
    Omg why no events?

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
    There needs to be time between for farming Banished set!!!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Issue with rogues was never about speed. Personally, I was able to combo just fine after SP. Only thing I couldn't do was charge packs or auto attack right after it.

The lack of substantial buffs is causing rogues to quit the class. There's still no chance in a Mage/Warrior stack against this. Rogues are still getting swapped for Sorcerers. The bug of heal was found out this week, so it's not really a contributing issue to this dilemma as sorcerers already healed a great deal. I guess however, that's a good thing for me now that I'm converting to sorcerer.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Issue with rogues was never about speed. Personally, I was able to combo just fine after SP. Only thing I couldn't do was charge packs or auto attack right after it.

The lack of substantial buffs is causing rogues to quit the class. There's still no chance in a Mage/Warrior stack against this. Rogues are still getting swapped for Sorcerers. The bug of heal was found out this week, so it's not really a contributing issue to this dilemma as sorcerers already healed a great deal. I guess however, that's a good thing for me now that I'm converting to sorcerer.
    This was a quality of life update for Rogues that was discovered, Shadow Piercer forced players to wait 4x longer than other abilities before a player could take another action (charge packs, basic attack, Aimed Shot, everything). This is not something intended to improve Rogue life in group battles.
    | | | |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This was a quality of life update for Rogues that was discovered, Shadow Piercer forced players to wait 4x longer than other abilities before a player could take another action (charge packs, basic attack, Aimed Shot, everything). This is not something intended to improve Rogue life in group battles.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=761Vi6KMW1Y

Yes, that may be true but it doesn't matter because as soon in this video at 1:25, after you use SP, you have to wait for other skills to come off of CD anyways. You can see in the clip what I'm showing. The only time that would come into play is during packs...which aren't going to save you if you shadow pierced (because of the fact that you have to hunt for them).

1:25 best describes it in the clip, as it's in slo-motion so people can better process what is happening. Therefore, the only thing this is helping with is auto attack in between sp and aimed.

I know it's not a buff, I'm just saying that it's something that wasn't an issue before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thank you for the bug fixes. Interesting new pets. Are we going to have a Harvest event before Halloween?

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=761Vi6KMW1Y

Yes, that may be true but it doesn't matter because as soon in this video at 1:25, after you use SP, you have to wait for other skills to come off of CD anyways. You can see in the clip what I'm showing. The only time that would come into play is during packs...which aren't going to save you if you shadow pierced (because of the fact that you have to hunt for them).

1:25 best describes it in the clip, as it's in slo-motion so people can better process what is happening. Therefore, the only thing this is helping with is auto attack in between sp and aimed.

I know it's not a buff, I'm just saying that it's something that wasn't an issue before.
    Looking at the video, at 1:19 you use Aimed Shot, and notice how quickly all your other skills come back up and can be used. That small window where all your other skills are unusable is the global cooldown, and is normally .25 seconds. Then when you get to 1:23, you use Charged Shadow Piercer. Before using Shadow Piercer, I can see that your skills were already off their normal cooldown and were usable (with Noxious Bolt just coming back). Once you begin Shadow Piercer, notice how long it takes for Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, and Medic Pack to become usable again. This is the longer global cooldown that Shadow Piercer had. The effect is less noticable while you are using a charged Shadow Piercer and dashing to 3 targets due to the amount of time you see your player travelling, but that duration is 1 second in comparison to the .25. This is the adjustment that was made because it didn't fall in line with other skills.

This is better shown at 1:36. When you cast Aimed Shot, look how quickly you can cast Medic Pack, if you had chosen to. Medic Pack is not on cooldown so it doesn't have any additional wait time added. Then at 1:37, after you cast uncharged Shadow Piercer and only hit a single target, look how long you have to wait before you can cast Medic Pack. The difference there in times that you can use skills is .25 after using Aimed Shot, and 1 second after using Shadow Piercer. After today's update that will be .25 seconds as well for uncharged Shadow Piercer.

Again it's a small update, you can save .75 seconds on casting for every uncharged Shadow Piercer used, but it was a quality of life issue we found while playing Rogues.
    | | | |

22. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Thank you for the bug fixes. Interesting new pets. Are we going to have a Harvest event before Halloween?
    Hi Zynzyn, Harvest usually comes after Halloween and before Christmas (in November, around Thanksgiving).

That being said, we're working on a couple of big things you will see before Halloween too!
    | | | |

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Looking at the video, at 1:19 you use Aimed Shot, and notice how quickly all your other skills come back up and can be used. That small window where all your other skills are unusable is the global cooldown, and is normally .25 seconds. Then when you get to 1:23, you use Charged Shadow Piercer. Before using Shadow Piercer, I can see that your skills were already off their normal cooldown and were usable (with Noxious Bolt just coming back). Once you begin Shadow Piercer, notice how long it takes for Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, and Medic Pack to become usable again. This is the longer global cooldown that Shadow Piercer had. The effect is less noticable while you are using a charged Shadow Piercer and dashing to 3 targets due to the amount of time you see your player travelling, but that duration is 1 second in comparison to the .25. This is the adjustment that was made because it didn't fall in line with other skills.

This is better shown at 1:36. When you cast Aimed Shot, look how quickly you can cast Medic Pack, if you had chosen to. Medic Pack is not on cooldown so it doesn't have any additional wait time added. Then at 1:37, after you cast uncharged Shadow Piercer and only hit a single target, look how long you have to wait before you can cast Medic Pack. The difference there in times that you can use skills is .25 after using Aimed Shot, and 1 second after using Shadow Piercer. After today's update that will be .25 seconds as well for uncharged Shadow Piercer.

Again it's a small update, you can save .75 seconds on casting for every uncharged Shadow Piercer used, but it was a quality of life issue we found while playing Rogues.
    I see, thank you. I hope there's more to come. I'll post videos with sorcerer too so y'all can see in a live environment what needs to be done to help rogues out.

I'm working on leveling/gear it now. Videos should be up by next week.