Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should lightning skill mage hit this hard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    You don't see rogues or tanks aiming their SP or SS at walls. Learn to control your skill.
    Again if you even touch the wall you're stuck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Again if you even touch the wall you're stuck.
    Don't touch the wall then. It's not impossible. The skill doesn't auto aim walls.

Learn from the mages that use the skill to get flags. They don't have a problem sliding through CTF corridors smoothly.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-23-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Should lightning skill mage hit this hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nope, just tested and with no armor debuff...I did a 3.5K crit on Gothest.
    Okay maybe so but that's with damage in the 1400s, in a random tdm match you probably will only encounter mages within the 1300 range.

All three classes have had a huge spike in damage coming from 46-56 but none of the classes have had any significant increase in armor. Hence why we're still seeing huge numbers even with the 50% global nerf.

Back at 46, lightning was hitting 4k on unshielded rogues pre global nerf. This was before mastery was introduced etc. Then you now factor in around 500 more damage for mages + another option to further increase their lightning skill damage through mastery, that's where these numbers are coming from.

Edit: Currently I can't imagine any of the classes armor values reduce anything by much due to the amount of power coming from each class.

Here's my skill damage with 1.4k damage and full mastery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anyona; 08-23-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Okay maybe so but that's with damage in the 1400s, in a random tdm match you probably will only encounter mages within the 1300 range.

All three classes have had a huge spike in damage coming from 46-56 but none of the classes have had any significant increase in armor. Hence why we're still seeing huge numbers even with the 50% global nerf.

Back at 46, lightning was hitting 4k on unshielded rogues pre global nerf. This was before mastery was introduced etc. Then you now factor in around 500 more damage for mages + another option to further increase their lightning skill damage through mastery, that's where these numbers are coming from.

Edit: Currently I can't imagine any of the classes armor values reduce anything by much due to the amount of power coming from each class.

Here's my skill damage with 1.4k damage and full mastery.

So, to put it simply. The 50% global nerf and the 10 level jump should have been called a mage buff.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-23-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I'm tired of entering in the forum everyday. Each day is #NerfMague #NerfWarr #NerfRogue #BuffRogue #BuffMague :/

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    To put it simply mages were the picked on class for well over 7 seasons. This is getting slightly ridiculous, of course they needed a buff.

STS did a near perfect job which people asking for over buffs will spill milk all over.
    The only thing the global nerf did was remove the purpose of the rogue class.

Let's not forget it was implemented to stop rogues one shotting each other. I don't think the developers intended it to buff mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Don't touch the wall then. It's not impossible. The skill doesn't auto aim walls.

Learn from the mages that use the skill to get flags. They don't have a problem sliding through CTF corridors smoothly.
    Its not about don't touch the wall or something like that,its about there's some situation when I can't avoid hit the wall with using gale/sp/ss.

Was tryin using 3 class hit the wall,this what I've got.

- Rog (sp)
    Charge : u can move right after u hit the wall.

Uncharge : same with charge.

- War (ss)
    Charge : there's about 1 sec u can't move after hit the wall. (U also can't move for around 1 sec when u hit nothing with charge ss).

Uncharge : u can move right after u hit wall.

- Mage (gf)
    Charge : there's about 4-5 sec u can't move after u hit wall.

Uncharge : no need to explain this one.

SS/SP/Gale have a distance that they can reach with that skill. So if someone state that bcoz the distance limit of gale causing mage stuck duration on wall longer than other class,well other class skill (sp/ss) also have distance limit. Why this not happen to other class? Gale have bug/glitch or ss and sp have bug/glitch?

Make other class have same duration when stuck after hitting wall will be fair. No?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Should lightning skill mage hit this hard?

So, to put it simply. The 50% global nerf and the 10 level jump should have been called a mage buff.
    No, every class got a significant increase in damage as I stated, not just mages. But of course, shield scales to how much int/str you have so obviously each expansion mages are going to withstand more damage.

If the cap raised to 61 tomorrow and we received new gear and jewels but all armor values stayed the same, mages would be the most powerful class due to shield improving because of the more int/str mages would receive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

negativity negativity negativity negativity negativity negativity
    So so so so productive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Delete shield from mage class pls

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elitwarrio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Don't forget that ping and lag can mean you aren't even pointed where you think you are.
    You can see this when you are on two toons on two devices in the same map, both screens can show players pointed in different directions even with green ping.

Quote Originally Posted by elitwarrio View Post
    Mmmm tastey hyperbole needs salt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elitwarrio View Post
    Delete rogue aim pls its 1hit 1kill alot mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    Omg they never do one shotted only when they r unshielded.. And if we r unshield i get stunned then lighted amd tauto attacked and gg.. Ofc rogs one shot mages if they dont have shield, but that would literally mages fault, +mages got 2 shield, which when we shoot through arcane shield it barely does 2k dmg.

Yes i sometimes crit 7k on rogs, but thats only luck, it doesnt happen like always.
    You could avoid the stun using nekro AA 😒 and keep combo the mage like rogue always do 😒

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    You could avoid the stun using nekro AA 😒 and keep combo the mage like rogue always do 😒
    Mages break nekro shield very quickly. The mage class at endgame has a ridiculous amount of damage output. Stating that lightning doesn't do as much damage as the aimed shot doesn't do any Justice as most of the real damage comes from sources other than lightning.

Watch 'Zeus AL's latest videos on YouTube for non-subjective evidence. A rogue turned mage has already proven that the mage community still have much to learn, while bringing to light the truth which many in the mage community continuously claimed to be false, within 1 week of playing a mage.

Rogues have a class purpose to do high single target damage to break shields. Mages aren't rogues.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-24-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I'd say I don't have so much of a problem with the damage mages deal as everyone should have the ability to kill. Its the damage they can withstand when weighing up their damage output that should be called to question.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 08-24-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

There are very few top tier mages who say anything here. Most stay quiet. Most that post here ( yes, there are exceptions) are likely not even close to being fully geared.

And I'll go ahead and say it, because it bears repeating, with 50+ mil on hand to gear up a new toon, most experienced players could likely outplay the majority of players in the "new class". Especially if they moved from Rogue to Mage right now.

I get it that you are frustrated Break, but not all in the community are clueless. And most of the Mages realize there's an issue with the Rogue class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    There are very few top tier mages who say anything here. Most stay quiet. Most that post here ( yes, there are exceptions) are likely not even close to being fully geared.

And I'll go ahead and say it, because it bears repeating, with 50+ mil on hand to gear up a new toon, most experienced players could likely outplay the majority of players in the "new class". Especially if they moved from Rogue to Mage right now.

I get it that you are frustrated Break, but not all in the community are clueless. And most of the Mages realize there's an issue with the Rogue class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I didn't invest 50M and I can also beat pretty much any sorcerer with years of experience in their class. I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just saying.

I think the total cost was about 30M.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-25-2016 at 12:50 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Idk , but usually in a vs my shield drops about the same time with the one of a rog ( nekro ) , and usually that does not go well for me . 40% damage reduction does not seem to be enough to keep me from dying . Keep in mind that most mages vs rogs without heal and instead use 3 attack skills to ensure the rog will die before shield runs out ( heal will be mostly pointless once you loose your main shield )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I didn't invest 50M and I can also beat pretty much any sorcerer with years of experience in their class. I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just saying.

having better ping than opposition does give you an advantage. . and I remember you said that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If that is true, and I don't have any reason to doubt it, It only proves that gear is over the skill and that most skilled players are mainly the most geared players.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.