Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goof bye aoa!!!!???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    As long as they're staying updated, and knows what's going on, why does it matter how long they're on?
    Exactly. Remember this game is not targeting one age. My guild for example is age 14-44. I know my young members are in school and I tell them the guild will always be here when they have time. It isn't fair to expect a leader or a member to be on 24/7. The devs don't even spend that much time in game but they are still the devs right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Lol, what is there to 'lead' anyway? No wars, no throne threats, whatever.

Leaders get busy too, if a leader is such an important role to you, why don't you start a guild yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There are many different types of leaders and if you don't like the leadership you have, maybe your first step should have been speaking with your superiors so that THEY can be better informed, so THEY can make informative decisions and assist you with "your" particular "issue", or at least give you a reason as to why. To say Woundedeagle isn't a good leader because he has IRL responsibilities, is a self absorbing observation IMO. Leaving the guild isn't an issue, it's the posting and pointing the finger at someone as to why, that's the issue. Sounds like more of an excuse to leave if you ask me. Hey if better leadership is out there then good luck on your search, I hope you find what your looking for.

For all those wondering; No I am not a member of the AoA guild, and I am not a speaker for the AoA guild.
    Last edited by Orcish; 09-17-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I think this should've been handled via PM, and not publicly on the forum. I'm not trying to flame here or anything, but I honestly don't see the point of this post. The only thing you'll get out of it IMO, is that other guild leaders will think twice before accepting you in their guild. I mean, who would want someone who runs to the forum to make a post, as soon as he/she disagrees with how the guild is run? What I'm trying to say is that, in the end, IMO it hurts your rep more then the one you're blaming for bad leadership.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Personally, I think this should've been handled via PM, and not publicly on the forum. I'm not trying to flame here or anything, but I honestly don't see the point of this post. The only thing you'll get out of it IMO, is that other guild leaders will think twice before accepting you in their guild. I mean, who would want someone who runs to the forum to make a post, as soon as he/she disagrees with how the guild is run? What I'm trying to say is that, in the end, IMO it hurts your rep more then the one you're blaming for bad leadership.
    Spoken like a true leader
    I'm on wounded's side of course. I work and I go to school so I don't get too much time to play.
    I also try to maintain a healthy social life, so I can't always play.

Why don't you just try making your own guild? Then you can run it however you see fit.
    And if you're inactive, you can make another goof bye thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    you can make another goof bye thread
    lollll. Made my night Ryder.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

you can make another goof bye thread
    RedRyder is always keeping it real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Spoken like a true leader
    I'm on wounded's side of course. I work and I go to school so I don't get too much time to play.
    I also try to maintain a healthy social life, so I can't always play.

Why don't you just try making your own guild? Then you can run it however you see fit.
    And if you're inactive, you can make another goof bye thread
    You kill me! ROFL thanks for that haha...
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Please keep in mind Woundy has a life. Yes, a real life.
    Look it up in a dictionary! It means:
    A person who does not commit all his time to Video Games.
    Also, don't set expectations high! You'll find yourself with low expectations.
    actually acording to my dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary
    life |līf|
    noun ( pl. lives |līvz|)
    1 the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death : the origins of life.
    • living things and their activity : some sort of life existed on Mars | lower forms of life | the ice-cream vendors were the only signs of life.
    • the state of being alive as a human being : she didn't want to die; she loved life | a superficial world where life revolved around the minutiae of outward appearance.
    • [with adj. ] a particular type or aspect of people's existence : an experienced teacher will help you settle into school life | revelations about his private life.
    • vitality, vigor, or energy : she was beautiful and full of life.
    2 the existence of an individual human being or animal : a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 Americans.
    • [often with adj. ] a way of living : his father decided to start a new life in California.
    • a biography : a life of Shelley.
    • either of the two states of a person's existence separated by death (as in Christianity and some other religious traditions) : too much happiness in this life could reduce the chances of salvation in the next.
    • any of a number of successive existences in which a soul is held to be reincarnated (as in Hinduism and some other religious traditions).
    • a chance to live after narrowly escaping death (esp. with reference to the nine lives traditionally attributed to cats).
    3 (usu. one's life) the period between the birth and death of a living thing, esp. a human being : she has lived all her life in the country | I want to be with you for the rest of my life | they became friends for life.
    • the period during which something inanimate or abstract continues to exist, function, or be valid : underlay helps to prolong the life of a carpet.
    • informal a sentence of imprisonment for life.
    4 (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination : the pose and clothing were sketched from life | [as adj. ] life drawing. See also still life .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im gonna have to agree with Xantor. What would happen if Obama, the worst president in all of humanities leaders, decided to leave all the troops in afghanistan, or where ever the hell we're trying to 'take' over, and shut down any radio transmitions between the troops and the command center. They would'nt know what the hell to do.

And one question, without your leader being around all day, what do you all do?
    IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Maybe this isnt my place to say anything as im a new member to The Alliance but it seems to me that publicly berating someone goes against the values and mores of what this guild is about. This issue should have been adressed in a more private manner as in on the guild site or in pm. I would also like to suggest that IRL politics be left to real life. To me this is a place to escape the real world and bringing in politics can only add to more arguements that dont need to be discussed here.
    BATTLE DRAGONS: HUMBLE MASTER OF KINGS AND LEGENDS: GRUNTHAWK
    POCKET LEGENDS:PROUD OFFICER IN GETHIGH: GRUNTHAWK: LVL76 PANDA WARRIOR/TRIPPMENDER: LVL76 TRUE MAGE

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Notice the lack of an encore appearance. I can not for the life of me understand the drastic increase of individuals coking onto forums to degrade others. Keep it in-game please!

With that said, I will leave everyone with a quote I tell my students when they are arguing: Save the drama for your momma!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

-.-
    Wound doesn't have to be on to still hold the group together... if you really think that guilds need there leader to be on just make your own. Not trying to be mean or anything, but you should respect the fact that some people have school, homework, families, basically, a busy life. Remember: It's just a game. No one is obligated to go on, even if they are a guild leader or even if they are a GoA. This thread should be locked, no need to bring your opinions, especially these kinds of problems which point at one person, to the forums. Only leads to a flame war.
    /endofrant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Bahah nice quote Crimson XD

Wound cannot be on as much. He has other things to do. Being a GoA doesnt mean you make a guild and be on it 24/7. Being a GoA means you help the community.

I hope your not going to look for a guild with those sights. No guild leader would ever be on all the time. Especially now when people are going to school and doing other things.

Im in AoA and the guild almost never is just me. There is ALWAYS somebody to talk to.

Besides, why do you want Wound to be on more? To manage the guild? Thats what officers are for! And all members in general. Anybody can tell a spammer or somebody being inappropriate to be quiet.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

LOL - I don't stand a chance......

Dear fellow community members,

I'm writing to you all to ask if it would it be ok if I decided (all by myself) how long I spend on PL.... I understand you would like to be involved in such an important matter but I'd like to present my case if that's ok.

My wife would like to see me sometimes.... (no accounting for taste).... my kids like to see me occasionally.... I work a 24/7 rota.... rock climb, scuba dive, and teach advanced motorcycling in my spare time.

If you still feel the need to have a say in the amount of time I spend on PL then please send me a PM directly outlining what you think I should do....... /sarcasm

REALLY? Is this really what the forums have descended to? OMG. It's good to see the a handful of sensible responses.

When fellow forum members are moaning about the policing of the forums that some senior member attempt to enforce to try and keep the standards up, this is a great example of why people try to point out, best they can, why threads like this simply don't work.... Not just because the OP didn't consider the impact (or an alternative better approach to communicating the issues they had with their old guild) but also the lack of thought and consideration that's gone into some of the responses.....

/rant
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScarecrowWolf View Post

And one question, without your leader being around all day, what do you all do?
    The same thing we do everyday pinky. try to take over the world.
    lol, no but. really, the exact same thing we do when we're without. do runs, check cs, pm people.
    as said previously, there's no real reason guild leaders have to on 24/7 atm. and @post, thats obama's job, his full time job.
    thats how he makes a living. now if i got paid rl money to be a guild leader. hell i'd be on 24/7

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    LOL - I don't stand a chance......

Dear fellow community members,

I'm writing to you all to ask if it would it be ok if I decided (all by myself) how long I spend on PL.... I understand you would like to be involved in such an important matter but I'd like to present my case if that's ok.

My wife would like to see me sometimes.... (no accounting for taste).... my kids like to see me occasionally.... I work a 24/7 rota.... rock climb, scuba dive, and teach advanced motorcycling in my spare time.

If you still feel the need to have a say in the amount of time I spend on PL then please send me a PM directly outlining what you think I should do....... /sarcasm

REALLY? Is this really what the forums have descended to? OMG. It's good to see the a handful of sensible responses.

When fellow forum members are moaning about the policing of the forums that some senior member attempt to enforce to try and keep the standards up, this is a great example of why people try to point out, best they can, why threads like this simply don't work.... Not just because the OP didn't consider the impact (or an alternative better approach to communicating the issues they had with their old guild) but also the lack of thought and consideration that's gone into some of the responses.....

/rant
    pft, as if family/work/social life > PL.
    no way. nu uh. *cough.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    and @post, thats obama's job, his full time job.
    thats how he makes a living. now if i got paid rl money to be a guild leader. hell i'd be on 24/7
    Exactly.... What a wicked job though, eh? PL not President.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    pft, as if family/work/social life > PL.
    no way. nu uh. *cough.
    I agree.... but my wife is in charge in my house.... She's a Legend though...LOL
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I can confirm Woundys been on for a lot sometimes.
    Its just real life problems. However to have guild you need to have a guild master that is qctive.
    The other way is to have guild officers that are active firm and strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    However to have guild you need to have a guild master that is qctive.
    The other way is to have guild officers that are active firm and strong.
    Exactly... +1.

A guild with an inactive guild leader can still be a great success with strong Officers and clear expectations set.