Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I bought a Visa Prepaid credit card to buy plat and I keep getting declined

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default I bought a Visa Prepaid credit card to buy plat and I keep getting declined

It's brand new and I've tried all 3 payment options, google, paypal, and amazon, and all have declined my card. I just spent $100 bucks on this card, please someone show me the light. I've followed every step to a T.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Send an email to support(@)spacetimestudios.com they should be able to help you out.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Ebalere,

Usually, there's a number or website on the prepaid visa cards where you can call and check the balance and status of your prepaid card. Try that to make sure the card is all good. Some of them need you to set up the card first before they will work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Ebalere,

Usually, there's a number or website on the prepaid visa cards where you can call and check the balance and status of your prepaid card. Try that to make sure the card is all good. Some of them need you to set up the card first before they will work.
    Ok thanks sam, has there ever been other issues with people buying plat with prepaid cards after they have been clear to use? I live in Canada, btw (eh)
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Ebalere,

Yup, Sam's right.

Some even have a 24-hour delay to activate, not sure why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

ok I registered my card and now I only have 95 dollars on it because amazon, google, and paypal transactions all charged me a 1 or 2 dollar fee and are all pending, will one of them go through and is 95 bucks enough to buy 89 bucks worth of plat? with taxes and such? I sure hope I dont have to buy only 800 plat now and have like 35 bucks on my card

Edit: argghh.. too many failed transactions at the start, cant afford 2000 plat.. Maybe this should be a warning on the buy plat page, "make sure to register your prepaid card if using one before attempting to purchase, not doing so may result in failed transaction fees."

On another note WWWOOOOO GOT PLAT AGAIN YAYYYYEERRRR
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    ok I registered my card and now I only have 95 dollars on it because amazon, google, and paypal transactions all charged me a 1 or 2 dollar fee and are all pending, will one of them go through and is 95 bucks enough to buy 89 bucks worth of plat? with taxes and such? I sure hope I dont have to buy only 800 plat now and have like 35 bucks on my card
    Hmm, sounds like you'll have 2 bounced transactions and 1 go through (because you don't have enough on the card for all 3). Not sure what will happen. If you get a fail transaction and none go through, hit up the Support Team via http://support.spacetimestudios.com who can dig into it.