Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Market Crash Feedback and Concerns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiguchi Nonshantero View Post
    The ones who are crushing the market are the same ones who are complaining about it, the players can control the market but don't want do it, they Just want sell cheaper than other players (that is good for me) n.n

Enviado desde mi SM-G900V mediante Tapatalk
    I agree, but if supply increases by such a significant amount, it is more than natural for prices to drop significantly.

What I find disturbing is the fact that some event exclusive eggs are now available for everyone, when they should've been a unique reward to few dedicated players.

PS: I've not been negatively impacted by this event, but feel bad for the community that has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I do agree with the event pets, not everyone should be able to have those, original owners had to grind hard for it but the meaning is lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphahero View Post
    I agree, but if supply increases by such a significant amount, it is more than natural for prices to drop significantly.

What I find disturbing is the fact that some event exclusive eggs are now available for everyone, when they should've been a unique reward to few dedicated players.

PS: I've not been negatively impacted by this event, but feel bad for the community that has.
    I used to drop price 1 gold cheaper than player above me. If everyone could do same, price wouldn't drop so significantly i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree, I used to feel proud of my Tyrannica and beastmaster title. But now everyone has them. Still a fun event though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Funny to see people complaining about the event now that it's ending...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How about everyone just be happy that you were able to be a part of this event? You witnessed, participated, and stood on the brink of greatness!. You can share this phenomenal occurrence with your grand-kids when you're old, They will look at you in awe, that you lived during the Great Egg Market Crash of 2016! More than that, you profited from the crash! Even if you did not loot that many eggs, you can still profit from getting your dream eggs for cheaper than they ever were before (if you hurry). The AL world is not a closed biosphere; new people download the game and join everyday and they will not have the same advantage that you had for experiencing this most awesome event. The market will correct itself over time. Farmers and merchants will once again make money Armageddon will be postponed, and dogs & cats will stop living together. And then, just when everything feels "normal" again, Gary & STS will throw another curve-ball and the roller-coaster ride will start all over again! LOL
    Thanks for the ride!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Sts may have gained alot of money from this egg hunt event but locks will be opened less now, because pet prices are low, not really a suprise anymore to loot a myth egg from a lock that is 200-500k, or an arcane that is 500k-2m. I like the event overall, forced me to pve when i don't even do it much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    How about everyone just be happy that you were able to be a part of this event? You witnessed, participated, and stood on the brink of greatness!. You can share this phenomenal occurrence with your grand-kids when you're old, They will look at you in awe, that you lived during the Great Egg Market Crash of 2016! More than that, you profited from the crash! Even if you did not loot that many eggs, you can still profit from getting your dream eggs for cheaper than they ever were before (if you hurry). The AL world is not a closed biosphere; new people download the game and join everyday and they will not have the same advantage that you had for experiencing this most awesome event. The market will correct itself over time. Farmers and merchants will once again make money Armageddon will be postponed, and dogs & cats will stop living together. And then, just when everything feels "normal" again, Gary & STS will throw another curve-ball and the roller-coaster ride will start all over again! LOL
    Thanks for the ride!
    One of the reason's I love AL is this solid market economy that I've never seen in any other game. It does have its ups and downs, but that's just like any real world economy. If you stop playing for a year, and come back, you still find a way to enjoy it. Great game. (If it weren't, I wouldn't care to make this thread )

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Prices are picking up so don't worry in about a month everything will be back its original price coz there are 1000's of hoarders out there to keep prices up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

yeah, eggs are consumables, they eventually will all get used up! Still need pets for socketing No one uses trash pets as the base pet, and people aren't exactly removing the eggs once socketed so they're technically "consumed"
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Overall i say this was a good event 100k kills gained
    And everyone active also looted 5 arc pets and too many to count mythics
    ill say good overall event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abroxim View Post
    Meantime in spacetime office...
    "Hey Gary! Market Crushed! All prices are going down D; This is madness!"
    "Madness? ... THIS IS STS!!"
    Haha i imagine cinco saying that in spartan way hahaha

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Now time to start seeing the aftermath...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default How to fix the market crash and future farming.....

I was thinking about this the past couple of days.... As a result of the egg market crash, the entire economy has collapsed to a certain extent. Remember that egg prices also affect the prices of many other things.

The best loot from locked crates is arcane eggs, and with the recent price decline of eggs, you can see the price of locked crates has collapsed as well -- a couple of weeks ago they were going for 7-8k, now they are 3-4k.

Many chests also contain eggs. For example, Elite Copper and Silver Warchests always had maintained some value due to the possibility of looting a rare Talon egg, which sold for 100k+. Now with Talon Eggs below 10k, I can't imagine who would pay even 200 gold for an Elite Copper or Silver Warchest as there is nothing that can be looted worth anything decent. The same can be said for many other elite and non-elite chests, most of which contain eggs in their loot table, which were the most valuable items that could be looted from them.

As we are just coming off this really fun event, I know most of you have not even thought about farming today, as you are probably "all farmed out" after spending 10 hours per day searching for Egg-Zavier the past week, but soon enough you will realize that there is not much to farm for anymore, except for Elite Underhul. The prices of just about everything else has collapsed.

So here is my proposed fix:

1) Add a new achievement for 100 pets in the stable. This will cause a big increase in demand for all pet eggs. Currently there is no reason to have more than 50 pets in your stable. Nobody uses more than a few pets in their rotation, and the others are just to satisfy APs. If everyone who cares about APs suddenly needs 50 more pets, this will use up many of the excess eggs that were looted during this event, and will help revive prices of rare, epic and legendary pet eggs in general, which will also help restore prices to chests and give us a reason to farm again.

2) This one may be less popular, but new achievements for having 5 mythic pets, and 5 arcane pets in the stable could be added. Yes, this could be seen as "pay to win" since both arcane and mythic pets are purchased with plat, and/or looted from locked crates (which also require plat). However, because this would cause the price of mythic and arcane eggs to go up, it would increase demand for locked crates, which would cause their prices to go back up and help crate farmers.

Remember that the economy of AL is NOT a zero sum game. There are ways to help both the rich plat players AND the poor and middle class farmers at the same time. I believe both of these suggestions would do that.

Any thoughts or comments?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-30-2016 at 04:44 PM.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Awesome idea.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I like this , simple and to the point. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Seems it would make attaining more ap's desirable to older players but I don't think it would be enough to help farming in general.
    I'm in a odd position having started over from zero, I think I see this game with fresh eyes, and if I'm a brand new player i think- who cares about ap's , I need money.
    I get that it might (maybe) make locks rebound and interest old players, but more is needed to help farming. Otherwise it's always km3 km3 km3 event km3 km3 .....

Will this help lock prices more or hoarders I wonder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Market will pick up when they bring new pets in and they need to be desirable too otherwise people will still stick to the current cheap pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good Idea! i hope STS fix Prizes somehow

*edit: Also an Idea:

they could make some craftable Pets like Necro.
    where you need "low lvl-Eggs" and some other mats. (but for everyone affordable)
    and if you are lucky you get a decent Pet with a special Tag like: "Crafted Ribbit" or with an Symbol like a Star or something
    it could have an extra stat or increased Stats

that way people would buy/farm Pets again too

Mfg, Mikerosoft
    Last edited by Mikerosoft; 08-30-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." - David Banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The entire economy has not collapsed... Crate prices of massive cyrostar are already up 16k from their low when I bought into a lot of them, and many eggs are already recovering extremely well. The only people complaining about the lower arcane prices are the 1% on AL who controlled the prices of arcanes such as SNS/Nekro and ripped everyone off by overpricing them. I have no pity for them, and in fact I wish event would go on longer so they lost more gold...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Betheren For This Useful Post: