Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Special System Preview: Item Awakening

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's some thoughts on the re-roll issue...

Back when we had gems, you had to keep trying to get grand gems, and then finally when you would get them, it would be time to upgrade your gear to newer gear and start all over. So for the 1+ year that we had gems, the price stayed pretty steady.

Now we have jewels, which do not have a re-roll, and which can be transferred to future gear. And we see what has happened to the prices of them. I can remember when a cracked chaos jewel sold for 15k. Even 6 months ago a cracked finesse jewel was 4-5k. Now these jewels are all under 500 gold. If the system is left in place longer, at some point they will be worth less than it costs to list them in the auction -- and already some types of jewels are like this. I just liquidate them since you cannot even sell them.

The system where you re-roll all slots at the same time is better. Yes, some rich players will continue to re-roll and re-roll hundreds of times until they get exactly what they want. And that will keep the cost of these gems high, which means for farmers it will give us something good we can sell. Last season I used to earn 50k per day farming jewels along with my daily quests. This season I'm lucky if I can earn 5k per day from jewels. It would be nice to have something that I can farm in regular non-elite dungeons that drops on a regular basis and has some value. This new gem is it!!

Honeslty, I'd love to reach a point where the only way that is left for me to upgrade my gear is though jewels and this new item awakening. However, I am far away from that place as I imagine most players in AL are. So instead of worrying about re-rolling your weapon for a few extra stat points, instead farm and craft these new gems, and sell them in the auction for profit. The rich players will buy them and the gold will help you to upgrade your gear to the best gear and buy better pets. This will help you to close the gap with the rich players far more than having a single slot re-roll system would.
    This more or less accurately sums up our overall design idea for these gems. If players can lock awakening slots then there is an absolute goal which will be obtainable through the locking of slots. This in turn reduces the value of said items over a long period of time because every Arcane Weapon will only be worth anything if it has all Damage stats, or whatever the most valuable stat combination at the time is. The full blown re-roll reduces the odds of this existing exponentially, and this ensures when you get that ideal or close to ideal roll the secondary market value for that item will always be worth something due to its rarity because you have something special.

The desire to have the stats you want, as cheaply and easily as you want, for your personal weapon works great for a single player experience but ultimately creates a long term problem for farming and rarity in a multiplayer driven secondary market for these items. Once again, this is a supply and demand issue and as everyone can see from the recent Egg Event, a large influx of the thing everyone wants does not make it worth anything to those that farmed it or hoarded it because it was no longer special. Preserving some integrity through these re-rolls is important for this as a new system added to Arcane Legends.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hey Konafez, perhaps I should be appointed Chief Economist of Arlor?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

hmmmm, talking about farming this awakening gem, nobody in the right mind will buy the farmable-only blue gem, since red gem outperformed the blue gem, and reawakening using blue gem has higher risk of giving worse enhancement.

so the talk about money flow from the rich buyer and the poor farmer is flawed.

and anyway, what caused the high chaos jewel price long time ago, is simply because the hype of new things, and its rare availability, and i'm pretty sure at that time, however high the jewel price was, farming crates was better, because it was still where the best things come from.

and what i'm trying to say is, this enhancement feels like we're moving backward, to the era of jewel, with increased component of luck and gambling into the game, which is already overly incorporated in this game. and i don't think it will attract positive attention from new player.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Wow
    11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

• Awakening Gem (craftable from a new type of drop called incense fragments which drop from mobs around Arlor)
    Incense fragment doesnt drop in tomb?

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emkochiu View Post
    • Awakening Gem (craftable from a new type of drop called incense fragments which drop from mobs around Arlor)
    Incense fragment doesnt drop in tomb?
    They don't drop in tombs, crypts, or mines.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This more or less accurately sums up our overall design idea for these gems. If players can lock awakening slots then there is an absolute goal which will be obtainable through the locking of slots. This in turn reduces the value of said items over a long period of time because every Arcane Weapon will only be worth anything if it has all Damage stats, or whatever the most valuable stat combination at the time is. The full blown re-roll reduces the odds of this existing exponentially, and this ensures when you get that ideal or close to ideal roll the secondary market value for that item will always be worth something due to its rarity because you have something special.

The desire to have the stats you want, as cheaply and easily as you want, for your personal weapon works great for a single player experience but ultimately creates a long term problem for farming and rarity in a multiplayer driven secondary market for these items. Once again, this is a supply and demand issue and as everyone can see from the recent Egg Event, a large influx of the thing everyone wants does not make it worth anything to those that farmed it or hoarded it because it was no longer special. Preserving some integrity through these re-rolls is important for this as a new system added to Arcane Legends.
    Sure. But at some point don't you think the current odds are a bit discouraging for players? I mean, seriously... 1 in 300 MILLION chance to get this "perfect combination" you speak of. You don't think that players get discouraged by such ridiculously large numbers like that?

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    Sure. But at some point don't you think the current odds are a bit discouraging for players? I mean, seriously... 1 in 300 MILLION chance to get this "perfect combination" you speak of. You don't think that players get discouraged by such ridiculously large numbers like that?
    Without getting into the erroneous assumptions about the odds, there are enough awesome things in the possible enhancements list that no matter what you will be able to come up with something that rocks.

In general, we have seen players very happy with what they are rolling up.
    | | | |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Without getting into the erroneous assumptions about the odds, there are enough awesome things in the possible enhancements list that no matter what you will be able to come up with something that rocks.

In general, we have seen players very happy with what they are rolling up.
    There's nothing erroneous about basic statistics. If someone were to want this perfect build, given that there are 132 possible buffs, 4 slots each and every time you roll you reroll all slots, your odds of getting the 1 combination you want are (1/132)^4 which is 1 in 303,595,776 for the 1 perfect buff you want. This is of course assuming equal odds of getting each buff.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Ah! Wanting more than 1 combination drastically improves odds, then :-)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    There's nothing erroneous about basic statistics. If someone were to want this perfect build, given that there are 132 possible buffs, 4 slots each and every time you roll you reroll all slots, your odds of getting the 1 combination you want are (1/132)^4 which is 1 in 303,595,776 for the 1 perfect buff you want. This is of course assuming equal odds of getting each buff.
    There are tons of very desirable combinations in reach for all classes if you can accept imperfection. Playing elites now is a blast since everyone got something worthy out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, can anyone please tell me whether we can use the awakening elixir and gem after event if we buy them now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

dear devs,
    how to get points/score at leaderboard of this event?
    i buy from auc and store the elite awaken elixir but not give me points/score?
    so is only come from crafting?
    so far i get points is when i tried make elite awakening from 20 each material.
    thanks devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Will the elite awakening gem kits avaiable forever in the plat store? Or will u remove them after the opening event?

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

DarrenPR has a great point you can't ignore those staggering statistics .

Food for thought: Introducing a 3rd gem that lets you reroll on a single slot for example that costs anywhere from 20-50 Elite Awaken gems to craft would be ideal. Why? It gives the players this desirable option but still making it hard to craft, and with the amount of possibilities of stat combinations, still protects your original concept + more plat sales which equals more profit for you guys= Everybody Wins!

Edit: sorry misspoke
    Last edited by Fearrr; 09-05-2016 at 09:47 AM. Reason: lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hey Konafez, perhaps I should be appointed Chief Economist of Arlor?
    Been saying this should be the case for the last 3 years
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey admin I opened to manY and never open the third and fourth slot , what happen I waist to much platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think this is unbalancing the game... but well... not like it was balanced haha

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Heyo! Will awakening gems will still be available on the store?
    -IGN's: Victimzoflove, Licensetokick, Dqg, Uector