Thread: "Dear Commandos: Use your Heavy Weapons, dangit!"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default "Dear Commandos: Use your Heavy Weapons, dangit!"

Seriously, this bugs me so much. Commandos are masters of AOE attacks, and we are the only class which can use powerful AOE weapons. However, I hardly see anyone taking advantage of this. The biggest thing I see is that Commandos use a shield/pistol set-up, claiming it "helps them tank better."

Hey all you Commandos who use a shield! 144 armor will not increase your tanking ability. The only thing it does is decrease your damage output, by taking away the AOE advantage that a Heavy Weapon gives you.

Unlike PL where 1 armor = -1 damage to you, it seems that in SL, 50 armor = -1 damage to you. To get the protection 100 armor in PL gives you, you would need 5,000 armor in SL! As you can see, armor as we know it in SL is extremely weak. Tanking is a mix of dodge, crowd control, Stims, and experience.

P.S.- Using a rifle is good too, having excellent single-target damage. Just don't use a pistol/shield!

--

Ok, rant done. I put in General so people will actually see it, and hopefully learn to play their class better.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 09-17-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Gandalf有evel 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed有evel 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]