Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some tips before I die again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default I need some tips before I die again...

Can anyone give me some tips on how to beat the Miner boss on Delta-7? This boss is insanely hard and seems like a much higher level boss than one for a level 19 (although i see levels 15-17 with me all the time). I know you have to run around but he gets this electric move after the first one and he dashes towards you and kills you and those bugs follow you around. I know not to shoot because those Electric things in the middle of the eggs emit a paralyzer. SO in any case i need some tips or just a general Guide on this boss because Over Powered bosses/enemies like this make me want to quit a game. Any help is appreciated.

SL: Darkenforcer (Level 30 Operator)
    AL: Mrxxevl (Level 9 Warrior)
    BD: Evl1312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It sounds like you've generally got it: Run and don't shoot. I've never beat him without dying at least once (just not quick enough I guess), so an engineer in your team is essential to revive you. Ideally, have two, so that if one dies there's still someone to revive. Or you can spend a plat or two and just revive yourself on the spot if you die. Or yet another option: if everyone dies, make sure to leave at least one person behind while you all respawn or he'll go ahead and heal back to full health. If someone stays in the area (even dead), very often he'll stay with the health he has left and you can just pick up where you left off. Just make sure anyone coming back in the zone doesn't dawdle by the entrance as so many people do, or he'll come after them and end up resetting.

edit: oh, another tip. If you die and he doesn't have much health left, wait a second before you do anything. Sometimes he'll keep rumbling around even after everyone is dead and take more damage. I was in a group once where he ended up killing himself a few seconds after everyone had died.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-17-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You both have it right, just run and be patient, I've been in many successful groups and that's how we did it exactly!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well the groups im in they dont really listen and then they leave or they shoot the barrels, i found out now that shooting the squids makes him mad so we shot those an almost had it but then people got cocky and started to shoot the barrels. I need a group of well trained people who know what theyre doing because playing with random people isn't helping

SL: Darkenforcer (Level 30 Operator)
    AL: Mrxxevl (Level 9 Warrior)
    BD: Evl1312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Experience and a good group definitely make a huge difference, for sure. The first few times, there were more than a few people that made me want find a way to reach my hand through the internetz and slap their face. He'd be almost dead and someone would run out of the zone for whatever reason, even though I would always say beforehand "DON'T LEAVE once we go in." Or they'd run in and instantly start shooting all over the place. Just keep at it and you'll be successful eventually. The Miner is the hardest boss in the game, for me anyway. I've definitely died trying to beat him way more times than I've actually beaten him. I hardly ever die on any of the other bosses.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Just helped you beat it! Gratz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Cascade did you seek this person out just to help them? If so you're a good person.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Well, i posted on his other thread and told him to add me so i could help him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade:419478
    Just helped you beat it! Gratz
    Cascade, you are the type of player the rest of us should aspire to become. Gratz to you, sir, for helping another player in need!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Haha, you guys are nice! But there are actually alot of people out there that help alot each day they just don't get noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Always have a engineer and some teammates with you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, was doing this mission with me and 3 others. He was on his last life when a noob joined. I said 'stay inside the circle!'. Me and my 3freinds died. The noob came along and stood, like, an ingame centimetre from the circle. He got 1 hitted and mrMcGuirk resetted. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU *ragequit*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

i have an idea! add me and I'll help you
    IGN: Javiermadriz
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talktalktalk View Post
    Lol, was doing this mission with me and 3 others. He was on his last life when a noob joined. I said 'stay inside the circle!'. Me and my 3freinds died. The noob came along and stood, like, an ingame centimetre from the circle. He got 1 hitted and mrMcGuirk resetted. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU *ragequit*
    Ouch man! So close as well! You're probably best off to keep trying you understand what your doing as you nearly killed him. No point in a high level going in and solo'n him for you.. you will gain nothing from it.

That said add BodMasta if you like I can keep him busy if your team mates get wiped so that your group can continue to take him down

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:448597
    Ouch man! So close as well! You're probably best off to keep trying you understand what your doing as you nearly killed him. No point in a high level going in and solo'n him for you.. you will gain nothing from it.

That said add BodMasta if you like I can keep him busy if your team mates get wiped so that your group can continue to take him down
    That's what i was going to do lol. Just take the aggro and teach them how to fight it(that's if they don't know how).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    That's what i was going to do lol. Just take the aggro and teach them how to fight it(that's if they don't know how).
    Hehe I coulda guessed you seem pretty much in tthe know how buddy just see some players complete it for them.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Think of it this way--even if he'd been in the room, if everybody else is already dead and he gets one-shotted....reset. Happens. The worst, I think, is when you're the last one standing, everybody else is running back as fast as they can and you get a leeeeetle too close to the doorway. Boom! Blown out the door far enough for him to come out and reset. Ask me how I know this. **looks for rock, vular egg or exploding barrel to crawl under**
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:448817
    Think of it this way--even if he'd been in the room, if everybody else is already dead and he gets one-shotted....reset. Happens. The worst, I think, is when you're the last one standing, everybody else is running back as fast as they can and you get a leeeeetle too close to the doorway. Boom! Blown out the door far enough for him to come out and reset. Ask me how I know this. **looks for rock, vular egg or exploding barrel to crawl under**
    Those were the days in Beta. Sometimes I miss those days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:448812
    Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Hehe I coulda guessed you seem pretty much in tthe know how buddy just see some players complete it for them.
    Lol yea buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Beta days..........oh the memories.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends