Thread: Buubuuftw's Beginner Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Smile Buubuuftw's Beginner Guide

Hi all! I'm here to explain to you the basics of this game! First thing when you join PL you get to chose a character! Let me explain their jobs, and pros and cons of each character.

Tank (Ursan)
    Jobs:
    -Should always be the first to run into a mob
    -Spam taunt as much as you like! It has no mana cost and its your duty to keep enemies on you!
    -Don't let enemies attack your mages or archers! Mages especially!

Pros:
    -You get the most armor out of all other classes so tanking is easier
    -Access to the awesome beckon + stomp combo!
    -Average damage

Cons:
    -You take the most damage
    -Lower DPS
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Archer (Bird)
    Jobs:
    -Deal damage to enemies! (and look pretty while doing it XD)
    -Try not to get ahead of ursans because most archers are fragile!
    -Root mobs with your thorn skills

Pros:
    -Do good fast damage!
    -Long ranged weapons like bows and talons or sword like weapons like daggers

Cons:
    -Fragile (low armor)
    -You may find your self chugging your mana pots if you over use your skills to much
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Mages (enchantress)
    Jobs:
    -Heal and buff yourself AND YOUR TEAMMATES!
    -Revive any dead party members
    -Keep your team alive with heal

Pros:
    -Average to good damage depending on stats and lvl!
    -Access to heal and revive (possibly the best skills in-game)
    -Buffs like mana shield and blessing skills
    -AoE attacks like lightning and ice storm
    -Drain enemies health with drain life

Cons:
    -VERY low armor

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Next lets talk about stats! Stats are what make your other stats like critical, mana, and more, go up!

STR:
    -Adds damage
    -Adds health
    -Adds armor

DEX:
    -Adds damages
    -Adds to hit %
    -Adds to dodge

INT:
    -Adds to damage
    -Adds mana and mana regen

OK now that you have learned about characters roles and stats now I'm going to teach you about skills!

Skills are special moves that you can use to deal more damage, heal, buff, or debuff! Skills like Stomp or Thorn Wall deal damage and have added effects! Moves like Heal, Rage, and Blessing of Vitality are buffs and heals. Then there's Hell Scream and Crushing Blow debuff the enemy or make it weaker. Skill points are used to make skills stronger or more effective! Here are some skills you wanna put points into!

Ursan skills:
    Rage
    Stomp
    Beckon
    Iron Blood
    Taunt

Try to max out the first 3 and have Iron Blood at a 3 for skill points. Use your other skill points for anything you find helpful. Taunt gets at least a 1 cause its a must although you can level up taunt for bonus dodge, good for tanking! So just make sure you have 1 or more in taunt!

Avian skills:
    Focus
    Dodge
    Repulse shot
    Thorn wall
    Shattering Scream

Try and max Focus put 4-6 in dodge. Max thorn wall and max in Repulse for the knockback. Scream is your main debuffer so put max it out too!

Enchantress skills:
    Heal
    Revive
    Lightning
    Ice storm
    Firestorm
    Drain Life
    Mana Sheild
    Blessings

Max out heal and leave 1 in revive because you will always need these two! Lightning should have 4-6 Ice storm and firestorm both at 3 and use them as a combo by using ice storm first and then use firestorm! Try to max out in drain life and 1 in magic sheild.

This Skill Build will take a while to get but its good and you can probably reach it by around lvl 30-40.

You still reading this guide? Good cause here are some tips on playing your character!

-Your team may blame you if your not doing your job ursan and mages! So remember to tank and heal respectively!
    -Archers should stay behind the tank and stay there!
    -Taunt as much as you want! It doesn't cost any mana and your doing your partners a favor by getting the enemies of their back!
    -Note that if you cause too much damage or heal to much YOU will recieve the aggro making enemies come after you!
    -ALWAYS use beckon when your standing next to the wall then walk away and stomp for the best results.

Remember to have fun playing PL, follow the ToS, and be the best you can be!
    Note: This is my first guide so if you think anything is missing or have feedback please let me now so i can adjust this guide or do better in the future!
    Last edited by Buubuuftw; 09-22-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Fixed error

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buubuuftw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

OK asked sam to move this post to guides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice break down of pros and cons for each class. I disagree that mages have the lowest damage. A max lvl pure int mage can do thousands of damage with AoE spells, which is more total damage per second than a bear or bird can deal. Also, beckon + stomp is not always an ideal combo because you may end up scattering a mob and make AoE spells miss. If you are teamed up with a mage, it is usually best just to beckon and gather the mob so that AoE spells can do the most damage.

Rubikin | Lv 75 Enchantress
    Officer of Eclipse

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Nice guide!
    One thing; adding points to taunt gives +2 Dodge per rank. I'd say definitely Max it for tanking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys! Ya i guess beckon and stomp dont always work out which is why its best not to be out in the middle of the dungeon but should be standing by the wall. Also nice point about mage dmg. And Hank, I never knew taunt gives extra dodge per rank! Ty for the info!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buubuuftw View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Ya i guess beckon and stomp dont always work out which is why its best not to be out in the middle of the dungeon but should be standing by the wall. Also nice point about mage dmg. And Hank, I never knew taunt gives extra dodge per rank! Ty for the info!
    Taunt gives 8% dodge when maxed. it also stacks, giving a total of 16% dodge. Definitely worth maxing if going for a tank build IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Taunt gives 8% dodge when maxed. it also stacks, giving a total of 16% dodge. Definitely worth maxing if going for a tank build IMO
    Haha I never even knew taunt gave a bonus! Ty again I edited the guide to make improvements! Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This was the MOST Helpful thread I've ever seen!! Aside from the vanity item list... Thanks man!!!
    -Airaven, Master of Golden Legends! And.. Awesome of course.. DUH!
    Don't forget to thank me!! I will highly appreciate it!! Do not eat him! Or else.. HEHE. -->

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elementron View Post
    This was the MOST Helpful thread I've ever seen!! Aside from the vanity item list... Thanks man!!!
    Gee thanks! I thought people stopped viewing this for a while now.