Thread: Loot Re-roll Obsolete - (Input appreciated)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lightbulb Loot Re-roll Obsolete - (Input appreciated)

With the Eggstravaganza event, it is no longer worth it to farm locks and (especially) eggs.
    STS seems to continue going on the same direction with the new Antignome Unleashed Event...

This makes Lepres almost absolutely obsolete, which we can noticed as their price considerably drops.
    Being such an item of reference, and offering one of the game's unique mechanics, a drop in its value should be definitely taken into consideration.

In my eyes, STS should stop with the inundation of the market with high tier items (eggs and now Antignome gear), and begin controlling AL's economy as soon as possible.

Just my two cents.

Would love to hear inputs from others (even if from opposing views)
    Ty

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

IMO events like that for one week 2-3 times in season is great idea. You know that complete antignome/banished set was nearly impossible before? Now STG giving to players chance to get their dreamed set. Also its chance to get some new players better gold/gear so they can keep playing. Events like that don't make ppl bored. Yeah maybe it affects economy but eggs were already low during plat sale/50% chance to loot arcane. It would drop anyways. Egg event is welcome again. And anti too. Imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    IMO events like that for one week 2-3 times in season is great idea. You know that complete antignome/banished set was nearly impossible before? Now STG giving to players chance to get their dreamed set. Also its chance to get some new players better gold/gear so they can keep playing. Events like that don't make ppl bored. Yeah maybe it affects economy but eggs were already low during plat sale/50% chance to loot arcane. It would drop anyways. Egg event is welcome again. And anti too. Imo
    I agree that it is very fun to have the highest tier gear around and play with it for a bit, but after a couple of weeks, what will you strive to get?
    You already have the best of everything....

That's why I am worried with the way the game is headed.
    Everything seems to be handed to us now, and there's little to grind for...

But ty for input

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphahero View Post
    I agree that it is very fun to have the highest tier gear around and play with it for a bit, but after a couple of weeks, what will you strive to get?
    You already have the best of everything....

That's why I am worried with the way the game is headed.
    Everything seems to be handed to us now, and there's little to grind for...

But ty for input
    You shouldn't worry about that. Soon come new season with new gear. Banished may still stay best in rengol and underhul but it wont be useful in new maps, except STG will make them useful but i not sure
    Last edited by resurrected; 09-09-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This is why I posted a suggestion that they fix the bug and make the thief more rare. There is nothing wrong with an occasional spawn which gives rare and expensive gear. We had that a couple of years ago with Elite Bael and Crunch II spawning in various dungeons and dropping rare gear. But when it happens too often, that "rare and expensive gear" becomes not so rare and not so expensive, and then boredom sets in when there is nothing good left to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

It is obvious that very few full antignome sets were obtained before event and sts decided to give players a boost. They are NOT giving everyone a full banished set so people can have some new quests for new gear before expansion.

IMO it is better when devs are controlling economy instead of that 0.00001% people who spend 600m on eggs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    IMO it is better when devs are controlling economy instead of that 0.00001% people who spend 600m on eggs.
    Why do you think that?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

New expansion is coming , thats why they releasing a good event like eggstravaganza and antignome unleased event, i think sts has a plan for it, we just need to wait patiencely .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blank119 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    yes the plan is for another expansion where people make more gold by nott playing endgame content than by actually playing and investing in endgame gear.
    This is the problem! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I will quote one of my posts from Antignome Thief Hotfix announcement discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teasajah View Post
    Basically you guys are saying that you run Underhul elites only for this event which means you won't run when the event is over.

So why do you even want an Antignome set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphahero View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Because when devs do that, theres a possibility to upgrade your toon with farming instead of lowballing/highballing others in towns.

When merchers rule, you can only get gold with locks. And its the same map for eternity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Even with the Eggzavier event, it is still worth opening lockeds, as they contain other items as well- Blood leaf crates contain Immortal Weapons, Massive crates still contain the arcane pets that the unlucky couldnt loot and still have a chance of looting, they contain fossils, shards, some gear.

Lepres are less expensive now because there is an abundance of luck elixirs, Arlorian luck rings, Hisha, etc. Earlier, the Lepre was the only lucky thing, so that is normal.

In my view, STS has been doing such events that span a very limited time for more people to acquire decent stats and start getting into the game. Ofcourse bugs should be avoided to preserve value, but such events are good. I am not one of the lucky ones and I have lost gold in the process but what STS is doing is healthy for the game and for a healthy player's market. They always observe and certainly do not let prices fall too low. Hoarders should have secondary and not prime control over the market, imo.

As for the Antignome set, I believe more people are leveling up now and more are playing endgame content. I see Glintstone and Underhul bustling these days unlike before. Isnt that lovely?
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 09-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.