Quote Originally Posted by Meowz View Post
makes me want to punch the person who said that in the face...
Lol... bit of an overreaction for a simple counteroffer, don't you think?

My rule for back in the Wild West pre-AH days was to ignore-list people whose offer was below 25-30% of the market price of the item. Other than that I don't mind if people make counteroffers. Even if I don't sell, it helps me to see what people are willing to pay. I once sold something to someone directly that I had listed on the AH for higher and people undercut me; the person messaged me with an offer that was lower but not unreasonable and I said sure. He was happy to get the item at a good price, and I was glad that I had made someone's day.

I've also made offers to people that were lower than what they asked for and got some very good deals that way. I'm always polite and open about it. I tell them that their price is fair, but that I'm only prepared to pay X. It's their choice whether to accept it, and some of them do and others just say "nty" and I say "ok" and that's that. I don't take offense and I don't expect them to get upset either. What's the point of trading outside of the AH if you get offended by people trying to negotiate the price?