Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SL Help: )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default SL Help: )

Guys why in SL is more difficult to raise money but in PL u get 2000 in a min?? And where are the good old days when u wanted help,a guy cones and says here 3000 for start?! In PL i helped lot of news by giving em money and help em find their way... where are that days?? Oh yeah... Also i cant find weapon store in SL
    PS3: BigGuns072
    You talking to a Vateran Bravo squad Sniper,
    or just a guy who likes to pretend to be one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hmmm....different economies? While you may make a lot less credits than gold, things in auction cost way less than in PL. And I'd love to hand out 3k to new players, but I don't have it to hand out. As far as a weapons store, there isn't one except for the auction house and the plat store. Barring those two, you either have to find your weapons in the field as it were, or depend on friends/guildies/your guild.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yeah, 10k in SL is equal to 100k in PL i believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Yeah, 10k in SL is equal to 100k in PL i believe.
    Just a little correction, I believe its higher than that,

To own a Guild for example. 10k SL, 250K PL, I would say what ever you have in SL x that by 2.5 and you have what it would normally cost in PL. Same goes for PL / that by 2.5 and you will have what it should cost in SL. (My own workings out since Beta days.. not official but make a whole lot of sense IMO)

P.S. I was/am going to make a thread on this in the future, so before anyone decides to take my idea.. HANDS OFF
    Last edited by BodMaster; 09-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SL Help

Is it me or aside from the money thing you talked about---SL is RIDICULOUSLY harder that Pocket Legends? I mean, I am only level 4 and I can't even finish my third mission, and I am a decently experienced MMO Gamer. It feels as if SL forces you to have a completely full and balanced party or else you are stuck in the crapper. It also seems like it almost forces you to have to buy PLAT. I don't know, this is just my first experience and it is what I have seen/felt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok but to tell the truth... SL may be harder but its more awesomeriffic!.... but its not right that u cant go to a store... i cant find good lvl 8 weapons in SL auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copperti View Post
    Is it me or aside from the money thing you talked about---SL is RIDICULOUSLY harder that Pocket Legends? I mean, I am only level 4 and I can't even finish my third mission, and I am a decently experienced MMO Gamer. It feels as if SL forces you to have a completely full and balanced party or else you are stuck in the crapper. It also seems like it almost forces you to have to buy PLAT. I don't know, this is just my first experience and it is what I have seen/felt.
    Only thing I can suggest is joining a game when more than 2-3 players are on.. SL is all about group work this is what SL intended and this is the way its going to stay.. hope you change your mind as you have quite a strong opinion on this and Plat but if not at least you tried eh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoexkiller View Post
    Ok but to tell the truth... SL may be harder but its more awesomeriffic!.... but its not right that u cant go to a store... i cant find good lvl 8 weapons in SL auction
    Hey any item you are looking for can be found here then at least you will know what to look for in Auction

http://spacetimestudios.com/showthre...tem-Compendium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copperti View Post
    C'mon, now. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun. Echoing Bod--SL was designed for teamwork from the get-go. I'll admit that soloing for the challenge of it is fun sometimes, but playing with a group, even a PUG, can be entertaining ("Did you see what that guy just did??!?"), educational ("Hmmm....that makes a combo, huh? "Cool! Just picked up some great tips for running my baby Commando."), and a great way to meet other people that you want to play with again.

**starts stringing the razor-wire around Bod's idea to protect it**
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanx bob i havnt thought of searching a list... thnx very much!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah teamwork is essential for SL... but there are some guys who just sit back and gain exp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yeah teamwork is essential for SL... but there are some guys who just sit back and gain exp...
    Sadly, sometimes that's part of the educational experience ("Note to self: Self, never play with that guy again.").

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol yeah.... But if u want to raise lvl quickly u must havea good time on the game... Personnaly i love playing with guys who talk with u while shootin aliens.... its really awesome!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    C'mon, now. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun. Echoing Bod--SL was designed for teamwork from the get-go. I'll admit that soloing for the challenge of it is fun sometimes, but playing with a group, even a PUG, can be entertaining ("Did you see what that guy just did??!?"), educational ("Hmmm....that makes a combo, huh? "Cool! Just picked up some great tips for running my baby Commando."), and a great way to meet other people that you want to play with again.

**starts stringing the razor-wire around Bod's idea to protect it**
    She speaks the truth

Lool do you think its a waste to put one together? Not exactly anything special.. but can help others esp if they decide to exchange PL for SL or vice versa.. hmm lol

Thanx bob i havnt thought of searching a list... thnx very much!!!
    No problem buddy glad I could help hopefully able to find what gear you need to collect

Grrr this annoys me also.. only doing a run through Sloucho and when we got to Director Bot I say.. Everyone pick a platform.. I will take back left.. etc.. then they failed to do anything just stand there.. so I give instructions this time.. you go front left, you go back right so on.. next time.. still just stood there.. me and a friend was running to 2 platforms each out of 5 players 4 platforms.. after this on of them started to help.. tho the other just stood there. So in the end I booted them from game for not helping and expecting us to do the hard work. (Hate booting)

Anyway a few secs later I start to receive abuse (swearing) this player saying it was his alt.. he was a level 30 Com that had killed that boss loads before.. I ignored his abuse and reported him for the foul language and kept screenshots as backup but what he expect me to say.. oh your main is a level 30 so I will just let you reap the rewards for standing there.. he was sorely mistaken.

/rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol !! Just ignore him! he is the kind of player who thinks he is superior from u.... i am lvl 8 and i was playing with a lvl24 engineer... She didnt revived me not once and i killed all the enemies while she stood in a corner!! what is boosting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

booting*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hmm that is a little odd.. I don't get why he/she would do that.. (maybe she was a DPS Engi, haha)

Superiority does not come from someone who has a high level main.. jokers as you can see in my sig Main 30 Com, alt 30 Engi, alt 28 Op.. I have alot of experience knowledge from this for all classes.. he was a @#$@# haha

Booting is when a player that creates a run (instance) and people they don't like/too low of a level/or just uncooperative in general can be booted from that players instance by clicking on their name to the left of screen to view the players UI and it says Boot on lower menus.. this will remove them from a game with a message to that player explaining why they had been booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

To help you understand about why SL takes longer to get money:
    PL has a different economy in which everything costs alot more and you see more money drop. That sounds alot like inflation to me.
    The SL economy is healthy to me. I think it challenges people to actually manage their money like how much to save and spend because the drop rate for money is a bit shorter. The best way to get money atm is to open chests more. They provide more than 10% of your income. The rest comes from the item drops. I like the way that the rarer the item gets, the more you can liquidate it for. So far, Sloucho gives excellent income because most drops are orange/yellow which is about 4 credits each. I did a study on this and concluded that I earned 200+ credits doing the first three levels in Sloucho.
    I hope this helps you get more money, but the real issue out there of this is "Why make money MORE valuable than PL currency?" I would say that it will help start off the young SL economy for the future of its life plus to make it harder than PL as SL is for the hardcore.
    Just typing this urges me to make some guides like "Tips And Hints On Making And Spending Money". I soon will make one about "Grinding And How To Make It Fun". Enjoy. I hope this helped shine some light on the topic.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Hmm that is a little odd.. I don't get why he/she would do that.. (maybe she was a DPS Engi, haha)

Superiority does not come from someone who has a high level main.. jokers as you can see in my sig Main 30 Com, alt 30 Engi, alt 28 Op.. I have alot of experience knowledge from this for all classes.. he was a @#$@# haha

Booting is when a player that creates a run (instance) and people they don't like/too low of a level/or just uncooperative in general can be booted from that players instance by clicking on their name to the left of screen to view the players UI and it says Boot on lower menus.. this will remove them from a game with a message to that player explaining why they had been booted.
    First of all thanx for the boot button... ill use it wisely.... So how u didnt becme star guardian.lol... cuz u re very helpfull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Lool do you think its a waste to put one together? Not exactly anything special.. but can help others esp if they decide to exchange PL for SL or vice versa.. hmm lol
    Not at all! I think it'd be an interesting comparison between the two. Do eeeeeeet! (Please.) And I agree with Hoexkiller--you, sir, are a very helpful guy and very, very SG-ish.